Where we were facing issues in uprising the business with traditional marketing, nevertheless we know that the tech would do wonders in the upcoming generation with solid digital marketing courses. They are people who want to get attention from more audiences and engagement in their business which can be achieved through digital marketing skills. Opportunity to grab the best digital marketing jobs has an outline of many following categories from which you will determine your goals through this article.
Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
Grow your Career in Digital Marketing: Click here to Enrol now.
Digital Marketing Salary
Salary for Digital Marketing fresher job roles in India
Salary for digital marketing experienced roles in India
Specialist in Search Engine Optimization
Pay Per Click (PPC) Expert
Content Marketing Specialist
Digital Marketing Manager
Social media Manager
Search Engine Marketing Specialist
Digital Marketing Data Analyst
Salary description according to job titles
What components affect your Digital marketing salary
Digital Marketing Salary
Digital Marketing is performed with many skills including SEO, emails, PPC, 360 analytics and with content creation. Ways to optimize these methods online and practice these roles for a professional business need a quicker and smart working professional. Therefore, digital marketing professionals are required to work systematically to run a business.
There are many roles in the Digital marketing world where the earning standard is from ₹2LPA to ₹6LPA. With the beginner, freshers and professionals these salary numbers differ. This article further achieved a standard-defining role with Digital Marketing Salary for Freshers and Experienced Professionals In India in 2023.
Click on how to become a Digital Marketing Specialist
Salary for Digital Marketing fresher job roles in India
The average salary of digital marketing freshers or beginners starts from ₹2 LPA- ₹3 LPA which is entry-level and it gradually increases from the position you are in or want to grab the job in varied roles of digital marketing. Mainly the salary ranges from a fresher content writer to a fresher digital marketing manager stand out with a minimum starting of ₹2 LPA that variable from these categories:
1) Digital Marketing content writer: ₹2 LPA
2) Digital Marketing manager: ₹5 LPA
3) Digital Marketing Executive: ₹2.4 LPA
4)`: ₹2.6 LPA
5) Digital Marketing SEO: ₹1.8 LPA
6) Search Engine Marketing (SEM) specialist: ₹2.3 LPA
7) Social media manager (SMM): ₹2.4 LPA
8) Content Marketing Specialist: ₹2.3 LPA
9) PPC specialist: ₹1.9 LPA
10) Social Media Manager: ₹2 LPA
Salary for Digital Marketing Experienced roles in India
1) Specialist in Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Salary of a Search Engine Optimization Specialist
In India, a Search Engine Optimization Specialist with less than 4 years of experience can expect to make an average of ₹3 LPA. In India, Search Engine Optimization Specialists with 5 to 9 years of experience can expect to earn an average of ₹5 LPA.
SEO Analyst / Executive Job Role & Skills
• Search Engine Analysts must have a good understanding of Ranking Algorithms.
• Professionals must be proficient with Technical SEO.
• Improving user experience and complying with Search Engine Guidelines.
• Identifying the most appropriate keywords for the business, and creating informational content around those keywords is a part of the job.
• Understanding various optimization tools like Search Console, Ahrefs, SEMRush, and Similarweb is important. Analytical tools for performance measurement like Google Analytics, Omniture, or Comscore is an added advantage.
Continue reading about digital marketing-
Companies focus on stretching their boundaries and attempting sponsored advertising after achieving organic outcomes. You'll need a solid understanding of campaign creation as well as the psychology behind each meaningful click. This will help you land a job as a PPC Analyst at a top firm.
Salary of a Pay-Per-Click (PPC)
In India, a PPC Analyst with more than two years of experience may expect to earn around ₹2.9 LPA.
PPC Analyst Job Role & Skills
• A PPC Executive must have strong technical & analytical skills.
• Professionals are responsible for managing Paid Ad Campaigns on Google Ads – Search & Display, Bing & other Ad Networks.
• PPC specialists must also manage advertisement campaigns on Facebook, Linkedin, Quora & other Social Media Networks.
• The core job involves maintenance of keyword bids, monitoring daily & monthly budget and improving quality score
• Along with the above skills, the candidate with knowledge of using analytics tools like Google Analytics or other reporting tools is preferred.
3) Content Marketing Specialist:
Pay for a Content Marketing Specialist-
In India, a Content Marketing Specialist with less than 4 years of experience can expect to make an average of ₹5 LPA. Content Marketing Managers with 5-9 years of experience in India can expect to earn an average of ₹9.3 LPA
Content Marketing Manager Job Role & Skills-
• Content Manager role involves creating, improving & promoting content to achieve our business goals.
• Content Marketing with the objective to raise brand awareness, increase web traffic, and enhance conversion goals.
• Professionals must be able to oversee all marketing content initiatives to ensure customer engagement, brand consistency, and a positive customer experience.
• Candidates are mostly in charge of the website content, blogs, copy, and all communication from and about the business.
• Manage content distribution to online channels and social media platforms to increase web traffic.
Read More- Digital Marketing Salary in India 2023- Average to Highest
Salary of a Digital Marketing Manager
In India, A Senior Digital Marketing Manager with over 5-9 years of experience in India earns between ₹10 LPA - ₹11 LPA
Digital Marketing Manager Job Role & Skills
A DM Manager should be an expert at managing various online marketing functions like SEM, PPC, SEO, Content Marketing, and Email Promotions. These are some of the mandatory skills required to be a digital marketing professional and are a core of the job role. Mentioned below is the list of activities done by the manager on a regular/daily basis.
• Planning, Organising & Executing digital marketing campaigns.
• Managing Paid Marketing Campaigns, budgeting & spends on a monthly/quarterly basis.
• Good understanding of SEO, targeting areas with high search volume, and optimum conversion ratio.
• Executive Social Media Campaign, Organic as well as Paid.
• DM Manager should be an expert in Performance Marketing.
• Measure performance on all digital marketing platforms and analyze against goals (ROI and KPIs).
• Discover market trends and insights, and optimize budget and performance based on the insights.
• DM Manager should be a presentable, well-spoken, marketing specialist, and should be updated with the current marketing trends. He should be an expert with numbers, with a good business understanding.
You must maintain positive interaction and quality content (paid or organic) across all social media channels as a Social Media Marketing Specialist.
Salary of a Social Media Manager
In India, The average salary for a Social Media Manager Specialist with fewer than 4 years of experience is ₹4 LPA and people with 5-9 years of experience can expect to earn an average of ₹10 LPA
Social Media Analyst/Executive Job Role & Skills
• Social Media executives must curate relevant & engaging content to reach the target audience.
• Design, create and execute campaigns on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
• Social Media Analyst is the face of the organization on Social Media Platforms.
• The job involves engaging in dialogues & answering queries when required.
• Implementation of a proactive strategy for capturing customer online reviews and ratings.
• Monitor trends in Social Media tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy.
6) Search Engine Marketing Specialist:
For this job, you'll also need to be familiar with some technical skills, such as basic code, website design concepts, and a working knowledge of search engine algorithms.
Salary of a Search Engine Marketing Specialist
In India, a Search Engine Marketing Specialist with less than four years of experience earns an average of ₹2.3 LPA. Additionally, in India, a Search Engine Marketing Specialist with 5-9 years of experience earns an average of ₹10 LPA.
Search Engine Marketing Specialist Job role & Skills:
- Search engine specialists must be known for pricing and costing on ads.
- Acquisition of traffic and audience analytics
- Search engine specialists must figure out the keyword's outstanding
- Search engine specialists must accurate budget calculations.
7) Digital Marketing Data Analyst
Analytics is one of the most technical digital marketing talents and one of the most important aspects of a digital marketing team. Analytics shows a corporation if they're on the proper course and, as a result, allows them to see what's working and what isn't.
Salary of Digital Marketing Data Analyst
In India, a Digital Marketing Data Analyst with more than 2-3 years of expertise can earn a compensation of ₹5 LPA.
Digital Marketing Data Analyst job role & skills:
- Data Analysts recognise the loopholes by retrieving data.
- Analyse the data.
- Plan out the structure of the business for further planning.
- Measure KPIs with strategic planning.
Salary Range Per Month
₹ 5,000 – ₹ 10,000
₹ 15,000 – ₹20,000
₹ 30,000 – ₹ 40,000
₹ 45,000 – ₹ 50,000
₹ 50,000 – ₹ 60,000
₹ 65,000 – ₹ 80,000
What components affect your Digital marketing salary?Here are a few more factors that play an important role in how much you can make as a digital marketer in today’s market.
Experience plays a major role in how much you can expect from an employer in every industry. Years of experience in this industry will only grant you a higher digital marketing salary and so on.
However, it’s no secret that employers also look for quantifiable wins and if you’re able to achieve them consistently, they would be more than willing to offer a salary boost for the same.
Just like we like those extra toppings on our ice cream sundaes, employers too, prefer applicants with added skills. In the digital landscape, more digital skills translate to a higher digital marketing salary. Now, this doesn’t necessarily mean you have to be a jack of all trades but you can surely equip skills that complement your specialization. For example, a Social Media Marketer with copywriting, designing, and Paid media skills are much more appealing and valuable to an employer than just a social media marketer. Also, it is very important to learn these skills from a credible source so that your knowledge is not incomplete. IIDE offers a 3-month Online Digital Marketing course which is led by industry experts. This course offers all industry-relevant digital marketing skills & tools. It also includes 100% placement assistance.
The bigger the agency or brand you work for, the higher your salary would be. However, if you’re a fresher, we’d recommend working for a smaller firm first. The pay might not be as appealing as it would be at a larger firm, but your learning curve in just 1 year in a small firm would be much greater.
4. Job Title
Your digital marketing salary would increase as you make your way up the corporate world. For example, a digital marketing manager makes a lot more than a digital marketing executive as a digital marketing manager has a lot more responsibilities and expertise than an executive.
Before hiring a digital marketing agency, it’s important to first assess your company’s needs. Do you need help with overhauling your content, implementing some SEO changes, or redesigning the UX for your website? Then you’ll want to evaluate your company’s own marketing skills, strengths, and capabilities to determine whether an agency and what type, can benefit your business. Do you already have an in-house team that needs some help or is all of your marketing outsourced? Once you've asked these questions, you’ll have a better idea as to whether or not working with an agency is the right choice. You’ll also know what kinds of digital marketing services your business needs.
We hope this blog helped you gain a little more perspective on whether you want to take on this career path. While the digital marketing salary is a definite bonus, there are many other benefits of a digital marketing career, resulting in many graduates and working professionals eyeing this career option.
Download digital marketing e-books now: Get your downloaded ebook here
Is digital marketing a good career in India?
How much do digital marketers earn?
What is the highest salary in digital marketing?
How much can a freelancer earn in digital marketing in India?
What is the goal of the digital marketing course?
For more information, search Safalta.com.
What are the opportunities in digital marketing?
There are many opportunities in digital marketing with career options, including:
- Search engine optimization (SEO): This is the main focus of digital marketing, where search engine optimization is done to improve a website's visibility in search engine results.
- Social media marketing: We want to make people aware of our products through social media; therefore, promoting products or services through social media platforms is beneficial and good for social media marketers to come up with ranking numbers while promoting products.
- Email marketing is a communication tool that allows a consumer to be aware of all the offers, discounts, or new features that have been implemented on your website, as well as sending targeted messages to a list of subscribers.
- Pay-per-click advertising: Without this, any website or company may not be able to rank because it involves placing ads on search engines and other websites and only paying when they are clicked.
- Content marketing: Creating new and engaging content and creating and distributing valuable content to attract your target audience is the perfect way to rank your website on Google.
- Influencer marketing: Most companies want to get all eyes on their products, and partnering with influencers on social media to promote a product or service is the main way to reach the target audience.
- Affiliate marketing: This is another way to build up your company by pitching your business and earning a commission by promoting other businesses products or services.
- Mobile marketing is another way of communicating, mostly practised by businesses to reach customers through mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets.
- Video marketing is a very targeted approach because most users prefer to see and learn everything from a medium such as information, or from an impressive pitch on how to use the tools and promote products or services through videos on platforms such as YouTube and Vimeo.