Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
Source: https://www.deccanherald.com/Many aspiring candidates wonder about the IAS Eligibility Criteria and essential educational background. The eligibility for this exam is based on Age limit, educational qualification, and the number of attempts.
- There are a total of 861 posts in this year's IAS Exam.
- The online application for the examination process is now on.
- The last date to apply for the exam is 22 nd Feburary.
- The educational qualification for the exam is graduation.
February Month Current Affairs Free Ebook: Download Here
Table of Contents1. IAS Eligibility Criteria: Overview
2. IAS Eligibility Criteria
i. IAS Eligibility Criteria: Nationality
ii. IAS Eligibility Criteria: Age Limit
iii. IAS Eligibility Criteria: Educational Qualification
iv. IAS Eligibility Criteria: Number of Attempts
3. IAS and Other Services
4. IAS Eligibility Criteria FAQs
IAS Eligibility Criteria: Overview
21 to 32 years
Number of Attempts
06 (General and EWS) ; 09 (OBC); SC/ST (Upto age limit)
Educational qualification for UPSC Civil Services
Graduation from any recognized university
IAS Eligibility CriteriaThe official notification for the exam carries the eligibility criteria in detail. Before applying for the post candidates should ensure they meet the eligibility criteria. As per the official notification, the eligibility for the year 2021 is based on the following parameters:
- Age Limit
- Educational Qualification
- Number of Attempts
IAS Eligibility Criteria: NationalityAs per the official notification, a candidate must be.
- A Citizen of India
- A Subject of Nepal
- A Subject of Bhutan
- A Tibetan Refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962, to permanently settle in India
- A person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam to permanently settle in India.
IAS Eligibility Criteria: Age LimitThe age limit for the exam is 21 to 30 years for the general category. The official notification says"A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the 1st of August, 2021" . There are various relaxations in age limit which have been discussed below.
|Scheduled Caste||maximum of five years|
|Scheduled Tribe||maximum of five years|
|Other Backward Classes||maximum of three years|
|Defense Services Personnel, disabled in operations||maximum of three years|
|Ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) with at least 5 Years of service.||maximum of five year|
|Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD)||maximum of 10 years|
Check UPSC Eligibility Criteria here.
IAS Eligibility Criteria: Educational QualificationThe educational qualification for the exam is a Graduation Degree in any subject from a recognized university. The candidate who is in the final year for their graduation is eligible to apply too, provided they are able to submit their degree before the mains examination. There is no condition related to score in graduation or any other standard.
Check out UKSSSC Patwari.
IAS Eligibility Criteria: Number of AttemptsThe UPSC allows a maximum of 6 attempts to a general category candidate. There are different rules for certain candidates, which have been covered below:
|Category||Number of Attempts|
|SC and ST||Unlimited|
The attempt is counted if a candidate appears in the preliminary stage of the examination.
IAS and Other ServicesFollowing services besides IAS are available through UPSC Civil Services Exam.
1. Indian Foreign Services(IFS)
2. Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’.
3. Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
4. Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’.
5. Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
6. Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’.
7. Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration).
8. Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’.
9. Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’.
10. Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’.
11. Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group 'A'.
12. Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’.
13. Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
14. Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’.
15. Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’.
16. Indian Trade Service, Group 'A'.
17. Indian Corporate Law Service, Group ‘A’.
18. Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade).
19. Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group 'B'.
20. Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group 'B'.
21. Pondicherry Civil Service, Group 'B'.
22. Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’.
To know more read here.
|IAS Officer Salary||PCS Officer Salary||UPPCS Salary||SBI PO Eligibility Criteria|