Do you know the exam pattern for IBPS PO Mains Exam? Institute of Banking Personnel Selection conducts IBPS PO Exam to recruit eligible and interested candidates to the post of probationary officer. Candidates who are aspiring to appear for this exam should know all the details about the exam pattern. Knowing exam patterns can help in utilizing the available time before the examination process begins. Exam pattern is also crucial for familiarizing with the exam. The prelims for IBPS PO Exam was held in the first week of December.
- The prelims result will be declared soon.
- The candidates who qualify the prelims stage are called for the mains examination.
- The mains is expected to be held in January 2022.
- The IBPS PO Exam consists of three stages prelims, mains, and interviews.
- Mains exam is conducted for a total of 200 marks and 25 marks for the English Language Section.
Read this article to know all about IBPS PO mains exam pattern and other details. If you are preparing for competitive exams and are looking for expert guidance, you can check out our monthly FREE Current Affairs Ebook- Download Now
December Month Current Affairs Free Ebook: Download Here
IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern 2021
The mains exam pattern as per the official notification is as follows:
- The exam is conducted in online mode.
- The English Language section is pen and paper-based.
- Questions are objective type.
- The exam is bilingual - Questions are framed in English and Hind.
- There is negative marking and a 1/4 mark is deducted for every incorrect answer.
- The total time duration of the exam is 3 hours.
The section-wise exam pattern is illustrated below:
||Name of Tests(Objective
||No. of Questions
||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude
||Data Analysis & Interpretation(numerical ability)
||General Economy & Banking Awareness
||English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)
Based on the performance in the mains exam candidates are called for the interview round.
IBPS PO Syllabus
IBPS PO Syllabus: Mains
The syllabus for the mains exam is as follows:
- Reading Comprehensions
- Grammar / Vyakaran
- Spotting Errors
- Fill in the Blanks
- Misspelled Words
- Jumbled Words
- Rearrangement of Sentence
- Jumbled up sentences
- Idioms and Phrases
- Cloze Tests
- One word Substitution
- Antonyms and Synonyms
- Fundamentals of Computer
- History of Computers
- Future of Computers
- Basic Knowledge of the Internet
- Networking Software & Hardware
- Abbreviations Shortcut Keys
- MS Office
- Security Tools
General Economy and Banking Awareness Syllabus
- Current AffairsNational & International
- Sports Abbreviations
- Currencies & Capitals
- General Science
- Government Schemes & Policies
- Banking Awareness
- National Parks & Sanctuaries
- Number System
- Data Interpretation - Bar Graph, Line Graph & Pie chart
- HCF & LCM
- Profit & Loss
- Simple Interest & Compound Interest
- Time & Work
- Time & Distance
- Decimal & Fraction
- Ratio & Proportion
- Case Studies Charts and Graphs
- Permutation & Combination
- Puzzles - Seating Arrangement: Circular/Direction-based/MISC
- Number Series
- Odd man out
- Blood Relation
- Alphabet Test
- Ranking and Time
- Causes and Effects
- Direction Sense
- Figure Series
- Word Formation
- Statement and Assumption
- Assertion and Reason
- Statement and Conclusion
- Statement and Arguments
- Statements and Action Courses
IBPS PO Mains Exam Tips
There is still time for the examination to begin. Candidates must not wait for the official notification. Keeping IBPS PO Syllabus in mind they must begin their preparation. The preparation related tips are as follows:
- Understand the weightage of each section and plan a schedule for yourself to cover all the topics.
- Clear your concepts and basics for all the subjects.
- Practice as many mock tests as possible and analyze them as well.
- Revise everything that you study on a weekly basis,
- Solve the previous year's question papers.
Join Safalta Class for IBPS PO Preparation and receive guidance to crack the exam under our expert faculties. Safalta Class will start a course for IBPS PO Exam soon.
To know more read here:
IBPS PO Mains Exam Pattern FAQs
Q. What is the exam date for the IBPS PO Mains exam?
A. The exam date for the IBPS PO Mains exam is 27 Nov 2021.
Q. What are the number of vacancies in the IBPS PO Exam?
A. The number of vacancies for the IBPS PO exam is yet to be released.
Q. Is there a negative marking in IBPS PO Exam?
Yes, there is negative marking in IBPS PO Exam and 1/4 marks are deducted for every incorrect answer.
Q. What is the total time duration of the IBPS PO Mains Exam?
The total time duration of the IBPS PO Mains Exam is 3 hours and additional 25 Minutes for English Section.