Source: safalta.comThe salary of officers in the navy is very lucrative and rewarding, they are paid a number of allowances depending upon the nature of service and job profile. INET Officers Salary is as per the recommendation of 7 th pay commission. The candidate on being commissioned into the navy as Lutienet will draw a salary of around Rupees 8 lakh per annum to 12 Lakh per annum. In this space, we will cover the salary and job profile of officers in the navy.
Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
INET Officers Salary Structure
|RANK||LEVEL||PAY BAND (in Rs.)||MSP|
|VICE ADMIRAL AND EQUIVALENT||16||205400-224400||NIL|
|VCNS / C-IN-C/ EQUIVALENT||17||225000||NIL|
|CNS / EQUIVALENT||18||250000||NIL|
INET Officers Salary - Allowances
|Allowance||To whom Granted||Rate Per Month (in Rs.)|
|FLYING||Qualified Pilot / Observer||25000 / pm|
|SUBMARINE||Qualified Submariner||25000 / pm|
|MARCOs||Qualified as MARCOs||25000 / pm|
|DIVING QUALIFIED||Ship Diver||900 / pm|
|SEA GOING||All Naval Officers serving Onboard Ships (Sailing only)||10500 / pm (This allowance is granted on pro rata basis, on condition that the sea vessels should be deployed for a minimum 4 hrs in a day)|
|TECHNICAL||Technical Officers||3000 - 4500 / pm depending on courses qualified|
|INSTRUCTIONAL||All Officer posted as Instructor||Not yet notified|
|HARD AREA||All Officers posted in Hard Area as declared by Govt.||20% of Basic Pay|
|UNIFORM||All Officers||Not yet notified|
|HOUSE RENT||To Officers not provide Govt. Accommodation||24%, 16%, 8% of Basic Pay|
|TRANSPORT||All Officers||7200 / 3600 (+DA thereon)|
INET Officers Job ProfileThe job profile of officers is exciting and varies as per their area of service. Overall officers are supposed to lead men under them as and when required. The navy officers are also responsible for the overall security of the Indian Naval Territory. The detailed job profile for navy officers is mentioned below.
- As an Engineer Officer, one will get an opportunity to operate and maintain the Marine Engineering equipment onboard ships/submarines/aircraft.
- The Hydrographic Officer operates from highly sophisticated platforms to conduct surveys at sea. They not only operate in territorial waters of India, but on the high seas, depending upon the requirement. Surveys are also carried out in foreign waters, as and when called upon by friendly foreign nations.
- Naval Pilots operate fighter aircraft and helicopters from aircraft carriers and ships at sea as well as maritime reconnaissance aircraft.
- As an airborne tactician, you will fly on board helicopters or fixed-wing aircraft of the Indian Navy. You will get an opportunity to participate in all facetsof Naval Operations on board Maritime Patrol aircraft and state-of-the-art helicopter.
- Logistics Officer will be responsible for smooth supply of stores to all naval ships/units. Officers with Works Specialisation would get a wide exposure in Civil Work and Infrastructure-related appointments.
- Indian Navy operates various types of modern aircraft from shore based airfields as well as from ships. Air Traffic Control Officers in the Indian Navy control naval fighter aircraft, maritime reconnaissance aircraft and multi-role helicopters both ashore and afloat.
- Primary duty of the officer in the Dept. Of JAG(Navy) is to attend Courts Martial as Trial Judge Advocate wherein he decides all questions of law arising in the course of trial. An officer in this Department is expected to render advice and assistance to ships/ establishments / units of the Indian Navy in dealing with disciplinary matters, monitoring court cases and also in pursuing litigation in the various courts at various levels
- As a Sports entry officer, you will serve as Physical Training Officers at various establishments, Secretary/Assistant Secretaries at INSCB/INSCCs where you would have to look after various facets of sports management. Sports Officers serve at Command Headquarters/Establishments. You will nurture and train some of the finest sportsmen of the Navy for national/international competitions.
INET Officers Carrer GrowthFrom time to time naval officers are promoted to the hierarchy of the navy. Promotions are based on seniority and work experience. The naval officers have to undergo a number of tests in order to get promoted. Various ranks on promotion are mentioned below.
|Rank||Badge / Insignia|
To know more read here.
|Indian Navy Tradesman Eligibility||Indian Navy Tradesman Salary||Indian Navy Tradesmen Recruitment 2021||Territorial Army Salary|