You may also read:
The several Merchant navy posts range from Cadets to officers. The maximum salary of a Merchant Navy officer can go up to Rs.8 LPA with an experience of 5 to 10 years. Candidates who are seeking to work in Merchant Navy can pursue certain courses like Diploma in Nautical Science or B.Sc Nautical Science from Top Maritime Colleges.
It consists of several job opportunities which depend on educational qualifications. There are several entrance examinations and courses with the help of which you can join the merchant navy. Moreover, MBA in Port and Shipping Management can also be done to join Merchant Navy after the 12th.
In this article, we will be discussing the Rank wise structure of the Merchant navy Officer salary, Merchant Navy Captain Salary, and other designations which will help you to decide the career option for you. Get unlimited access to free ebooks/mock tests only at Safalta App- Download Now
- The different profiles in Merchant Navy are based on the different educational qualifications of the candidate. Also, it decides the salary structure of the candidate.
- In India, the Indian Navy post ranges from Cadets to Officers.
- The salary of Merchant Navy salary ranges from 25,000 per month to 20 lakhs per month.
- Moreover, the candidate can join the Indian Navy after class 10th and pursue the pre-sea Nautical diploma course.
|Trainee Cadet||The candidate must have done Class 12th along with the pre-sea Nautical Diploma||Rs.25,000-Rs.85,000 per month|
|G P Rating||The candidate must have pursued Class 10th||Rs.25,000-Rs.60,000|
|Deck Cadet||The candidate must have done Class 12th along with pre-sea Nautical Diploma||Rs.25,000-Rs.85,000|
|Chief Officer||The candidate must have a 1st Mate (FG) Certificate of Competency||Rs.4,00,000-6,00,000 per month|
|3rd Officer/ Merchant navy 2nd Officer salary in India||The candidate must have a 2nd Mate (FG) Certificate of Competency||Rs.1,50,000-Rs.3,00,000 per month|
|Merchant Navy Captain salary per month||The candidate must have a Master (FG) Certificate of Competency||Rs.8,65,000-Rs.20,00,000|
1. Sponsorship Based Entry into Merchant Navy:
Candidates can apply for sponsorship to the popular maritime institutes for the maritime program.
2. Entrance Exams for Merchant Navy:
Candidates must prepare for the entrance exams of the reputed Merchant Navy College along with their 12th board exam. Below are some of the entrance exams:
- JEE Advanced
- IMU CET
- TMI SAT
- MERI Entrance Exams
Candidate can get direct admission in the second year of marine engineering that needs to be approved by the Directorate General of Shipping. The Lateral Entry seat can be secured in two ways:
- Candidate must have pursued a Diploma in electrical, marine, mechanical, or ship-building engineering with a minimum of 60% marks.
- Candidate must have completed the 1st year of engineering with mechanical, and electrical with a minimum of 60% marks.
- There are different courses in Merchant Navy that one can do after completing his 10th.
- The candidate must have scored a minimum of 40% marks in class 10th to join these courses.
- Some of these courses are GP (General Purpose) Rating Course, Engine Rating Course, Saloon Rating Course, etc.
- Merchant Navy Salary after 10th ranges from Rs. 35,000 to Rs. 50,000 per month.
- There are several merchant navy courses that can be done after the 12th like BSc in Nautical Science, BSc in Marine Catering, and BE/B.Tech. Marine Engineering, Diploma in Nautical Science, etc.
- The candidate must have completed his 12th class with PCM 60% to get admission in these courses.
- The age limit for these courses is 17 years-25 years maximum.
- Merchant Navy Salary After 12th ranges from Rs.25,000-80,000 per month.
- The 2nd officer’s responsibilities are the navigation of the ship with the help of GPS and Radar system. They also monitor the weather reports with the help of broadcast.
- The 2nd officer gets appointed by a training scheme that includes studying at a nautical college, and gathering practical experience to get the Maritime and Coastguard Agency Certificate of Competency (MCA).
- The average salary of a 2nd Officer in Merchant Navy is Rs. 3.4 lakh per annum. It can be increased with professional experience and internal exams.
|0 to 4 years||17 LPA|
|5 to 10 years||13 LPA|
- The third officer's job often entailed overseeing the crew's functions and responsibilities. In addition to technical operations, the third officer is in charge of speed, fuel, and machinery use.
- Once the training period is completed and the MCA Certificate is obtained, the majority of the training will take place on the job.
- Candidates are also given additional opportunities to gain more practical experience over time. Obtaining additional MCA qualifications expands the candidate's options for more senior roles.
- An experienced 3rd Officer in the Merchant Navy earns an average monthly salary of INR 4 - 8 L.
|0 to 4 years||11 LPA|
|5 to 10 years||17 LPA|
|>10 years||27 LPA|
Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
Source: safalta.comAlso Check: