Source: SafaltaSalary of a digital marketer in India is very lucrative which is attracting a lot of people to make a career in this field. Read this article to know all the details about digital marketing salary in India.
Download Now: Free digital marketing e-books [ Get your downloaded e-book now ]
What exactly is a digital marketer?
Table Of Content
Why is the compensation in the digital marketing sector so high?
What qualifications are required to operate as a digital marketer?
Digital marketing job opportunities
Manager of digital marketing
strategist for content
SEO and SEM expert
A digital marketer is someone who assists in the formulation, execution, and management of marketing initiatives for business promotion.
They employ techniques like analytics to discover weak links and enhance overall performance.
Download these FREE Ebooks:
1. Introduction to Digital Marketing
2. Website Planning and Creation
Digitization has grown in popularity in recent years.
Companies have altered their attention to digital media to draw income and sales, from e-payment to enterprises concentrating more on social media and other digital platforms.
Currently, digital advertising has shown to be more convenient and successful than conventional advertising because a large portion of the audience is online.
This has resulted in the increase and need for digital marketing, and because they play a significant part in generating income and business, as well as their exceedingly result-driven character, their wages are high.
However, the starting compensation for a digital marketer is low, and it rises as you get experience and upskill.
Now, let's get to the main point: what education is required to work in digital marketing?
To begin your journey as a digital marketer, you must first,
- A bachelor's degree in any discipline (Arts, Marketing, etc)
- Enroll in an online certification course if you have no marketing experience.
To achieve a digital marketing certification, there are various authorized online courses accessible, such as Udemy, Coursera, and Naukri Learning.
Companies are inviting more digital marketers to assist them to build their business as the audience shifts to the digital spectrum.
Statista estimates that India will have over 700 million internet users by 2020.
The figure is expected to rise to 974 million users by 2025, indicating a large business opportunity.
According to Goldman Sachs, the Indian digital marketing profession's scope would reach $160 billion by 2025.
With the present Covid problem, we may predict that businesses will need to have a digital presence in order to thrive in the market in the future.
All of these statistics show that the need for a digital marketing job will only grow in the future.
Given the vast breadth and expanding need for digital marketing, it is critical to understand the many career paths available.
Here are some digital marketing job options to explore.
Monitoring and analytics skills are required in the field of digital marketing, as is the ability to monitor various initiatives (sometimes at the same time).
To advance to the position of Digital marketing manager, you must first work as a Digital marketing executive, then as a Digital marketing analyst, and finally as a Digital marketing manager.
A digital marketing executive's typical income ranges from 2LPA to 6LPA as they acquire experience.
A digital marketing analyst's compensation ranges from an average of 3.6LPA to a maximum of 9.4LPA.
Finally, a Digital marketing manager's compensation starts at 6.2LPA and may rise to 18LPA with experience.
Among the duties of a digital marketing manager are:
- Creating and implementing a comprehensive digital marketing plan that includes email campaigns, ad campaigns, and so on.
- Working on and creating the brand's digital presence on numerous social media platforms
- Analytics monitoring and data extraction for campaign performance
- Keeping up with trends that optimize marketing depending on data received
- Check out Digital marketing manager jobs as well.
The primary responsibility of a content strategist is to create a content plan while keeping in mind the company objectives and the demands of their particular target audience.
A content strategist is responsible for the following tasks in order to accomplish so:
- Keeping track of the editorial calendar and guaranteeing timely publication
- Managing the team by providing each member with a blog
- Creating guidelines to assist the team with references
- Developing a content calendar with the assistance of SEO optimization
A content strategist's typical income ranges from 2.5LPA to 16.2LPA as they acquire expertise.
Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) professionals must monitor and handle sponsored campaigns on social media platforms.
They also manage Google display advertisements.
Aside from that, SEM and SEO experts have the following responsibilities:
- researching and writing market trends reports
- Data collection and analysis for campaigns
- Campaign monitoring and optimization
- Looking for powerful keywords for the website's content
What are the many forms of SEO?So, among the numerous SEO categories are:
SEO for content
How can I get started with digital marketing?
- Build your own website.
- Select one digital marketing channel to concentrate on.
- Learn more about the digital marketing channel you've chosen.
- Apply what you've learned.
- Get acquainted with free digital marketing tools.
- Apply for a marketing job.