|Data Interpretation and Analysis Free E-Book: Download Now||Puzzle and Seating Arrangement Free E-Book: Download Now|
SEBI Grade A Exam Pattern 2023As already mentioned, the recruitment process has three stages. The test is conducted online. The stage of examination are as follows:
- Phase I: On-line screening examination consisting of two papers of 100 marks each
- Phase II: On-line examination consisting of two papers of 100 marks each
- Phase III: Interview
Source: ajsh.inAll the questions in every phase will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) with an exception to the language subject. The details regarding the SEBI Grade A Exam pattern of each of these stages are as given below.
SEBI Grade A Exam Pattern: Phase I
- Paper I is of a total of 100 marks and paper II is of 200 marks.
- The time duration for Paper I is 60 minutes and for paper, II is 80 minutes.
- There is a negative marking in both the papers. 0.25 marks are deducted for every incorrect answer.
- There is a cutoff of 30 percent for Paper I and a cut-off of 40 percent for Paper 2.
The detailed exam pattern is as follows:
2. English Language
3. Quantitative Aptitude
4. Test of Reasoning.
|Commerce, Accountancy, Management, Finance, Costing, Companies Act, Economics||100||40 minutes|
Legal, Information Technology, Engineering Stream (Civil & Electrical), and Official Language stream
2. Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Finance, and
SEBI Grade A Phase I Marking Scheme
- There shall be a negative marking of 1/4th of marks.
- There shall be a cut-off of a minimum of 30% for Paper 1- There is no sectional Cut off.
- Candidates would need to secure a separate cut-off in each paper as mentioned above as well as an aggregate cut-off mark of 40% in the Phase I exam to be shortlisted for Phase II.
|RBI Grade B Eligibility Criteria||RBI Grade B Salary||Best Books for RBI Grade B|
SEBI Grade A Exam Pattern: Phase II
- Phase II also has two papers and it is different for different streams.
- Paper I comprises a total of 100 marks and Paper II comprises 200 marks.
- There is negative marking and 0.25 marks are deducted for every incorrect answer.
- There is cut off percentage of 30 percent for paper 1 and 40 percent for paper 2.
The detailed exam pattern is as follows:
|All streams: English (Descriptive Test) to test the drafting skills||100||60 mins|
|Commerce, Accountancy, Management, Finance, Costing, Companies Act and Economics||100||40 mins|
Legal, Engineering(Civil & Electrical), and Official Language
2. Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Finance, and Commerce.
Marking Scheme For SEBI Grade A Phase II
- There shall be a negative marking of 1/4th of marks assigned to the question for Paper 2 in Phase II
(except IT stream for which details shall be informed in due course).
- There shall be a cut-off of a minimum of 30% for Paper 1 and a cut-off of a minimum of 40% for Paper 2 in
- Candidates would need to secure separate cut-offs in each paper as mentioned above as well as.
SEBI Grade A Exam Pattern: Personal Interview
SEBI Grade A Syllabus 2023There are two papers in SEBI Grade A Exam- Paper I and Paper-II. The detailed syllabus for each of these papers is given below.
SEBI Grade A Syllabus: Paper IReasoning
- Seating Arrangements
- Direction Sense
- Blood Relations
- Order and Ranking
- Machine Input-Output
- Alpha-Numeric-Symbol Series
- Data Sufficiency
- Number System and Conversions
- Logical Reasoning etc.
- Error Spotting
- Column based Fillers and Sentence Connectors
- Paragraph Completion
- Sentence Rearrangement
- Fill in the Blanks
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Active and Passive Voice
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- Idioms & Phrases etc.
- Data Interpretation
- Number Series
- Approximation and Simplification
- Data Sufficiency
- HCF and LCM
- Inequality (Quadratic & Quantity based)
- Profit and Loss
- Time and work & Pipe and cistern
- Permutation, Combination & Probability
- Problem on Ages
- Work and Time
- Speed Distance and Time
- Average, Ratio and Proportion, etc.
- Current Affairs
- Financial Awareness
- Current Affairs – National & International
- Awards and Honours
- Important Financial & Economic News
- Important Days
- International & National Organizations
- Books and Authors
- Science – Inventions & Discoveries
- Countries & Capitals etc
SEBI Grade A Syllabus: Paper-IIManagement
- Management:-its nature and scope; The Management Processes. Planning, Organization, Staffing, Directing, and Controlling.
- The Role of a Manager in an Organization. Leadership: The Tasks of a Leader.
- Leadership Styles;-Leadership Theories;A successful Leader versus an effective Leader.
- Human Resource Development:-Concept of HRD; Goals of HRD
- Motivation, Morale, and Incentives:-Theories of Motivation; How Managers Motivate; Concept of Morale; Factors determining morale; Role of Incentives in Building up Morale.
- Communication: Steps in the Communication Process; Communication Channels; Oral versus Written Communication; Verbal versus non-verbal Communication; upward, downward and lateral communication; Barriers to Communication, Role of Information Technology.
- Accounting as a financial information system
- Accounting Standards with specific reference to Accounting for Depreciation, Inventories, Revenue Recognition, Fixed Assets, Foreign Exchange Transactions, Investments.
- Cash Flow Statement, Fund flow statement, Financial statement analysis; Ratio analysis
- Accounting for Share Capital Transactions including Bonus Shares, Right Shares.
- Employees Stock Option and Buy-Back of Securities.
- Preparation and Presentation of Company Final Accounts.
Financial Markets:- Primary and Secondary Markets (Forex, Money, Bond, Equity, etc.), functions, instruments, recent developments.
- Basics of Derivatives: Forward, Futures, and Swap
- Recent Developments in the Financial Sector
- Financial Inclusion- use of technology
- Alternate source of finance, private and social cost-benefit, Public-Private Partnership
- Direct and Indirect taxes;-Non-tax sources of Revenue, GST, Finance Commission, Fiscal Policy, Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act(FRBM),
- Inflation:-Definition, trends, estimates, consequences, and remedies (control): WPI, CPI-components, and trends
- Overview of Cost and Management Accounting- Introduction to Cost and Management Accounting, Objectives and Scope of Cost and Management Accounting.
- Methods of Costing- Single Output/ Unit Costing, Job Costing, Batch Costing, Contract Costing, Process/ Operation Costing, Costing of Service Sectors.
- Basics of Cost Control and Analysis- (a) Standard Costing, (b) Marginal Costing, (c) Budget, and Budgetary Control.
- Lean System and Innovation - Introduction to Lean System, Just-in-Time (JIT), Kaizen Costing, 5 Ss, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Cellular Manufacturing/ One-Piece Flow Production Systems, Six Sigma (SS), Introduction to Process Innovation and Business Process Re-engineering(BPR)
The Companies Act, 2013- Specific reference to Chapter III, Chapter IV, Chapter VIII, Chapter X, Chapter XI, Chapter XII, and Chapter XXVII.
- Demand and Supply, Market Structures, National Income:-Concepts and Measurement, Classical Vs Keynesian Approach Determination of output and employment, Consumption Function, Investment Function, Multiplier and Accelerator, Demand and Supply for Money, IS-LM, Inflation and Phillips Curve, Business Cycles
- Balance of Payments, Foreign Exchange Markets, Inflation, Monetary and Fiscal Policy, Non-banking Financial Institutions.
SEBI Grade A - Interview
The candidates who will be successful in Phase I and Phase II of SEBI Grade A Officer Recruitment will be called to appear for the Interview. Candidates equalling 3 times the number of vacancies shall be shortlisted, in order of merit, for Phase III i.e. the Interview.
|IB ACIO Exam Pattern||UGC NET Exam Pattern|
|RRB JE Exam Pattern||IBPS PO Exam Pattern|