Download App & Start Learning
TET Eligibility Criteria:
There are various examinations for teaching aspirants like - UPTET, MAHA TET, OTET, HP TET, KTET.
The candidates aspiring for this examination must be aware of the eligibility criteria and others details related to the examination.
The respective official notification for these examinations has all the details related to the examination including the eligibility, The eligibility for these exams has been set under different parameters such as age limit, educational qualification and so on.
Only those candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria are allowed to sit for the examination.
Considering the lakhs of aspirants that appear for this examination clear idea of eligibility can helo in an early start.
Read this article to know the complete TET eligibility criteria and other details. You can now prepare for TET Exams with the help of the General Knowledge Ebook Free PDF: Download Here
TET Eligibility Criteria
Though there are different exams in various states the basic eligibility for each state is the same.
The states may add domicile conditions as per the need and for welfare provisions.
Candidates should keep themselves updated for such related by following the official notification.
The basic TET Eligibility can be discussed under the following heads:
- Age limit
- Educational Qualification
- Number Of Attempts
TET Eligibility Criteria: Nationality
A candidate must be :
- A Citizen of India
- A Subject of Nepal
- A Subject of Bhutan
- A Tibetan Refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962, to permanently settle in India
- A person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam to permanently settle in India.
TET Eligibility Criteria: Age LImit
As per various notifications for TET, a candidate must have attained 18 years of age.
There are generally no upper age criteria for TET.
But some states may add upper age limit too.
The age limit in UP TET is discussed here.
UPTET AGE LIMIT:
Also Check: MP TET Eligibility Criteria
TET Eligibility Criteria: Educational Qualification
There are two basic educational qualifications for the TET exam.
- Candidates should be class 12 passed or a graduate from a recognized university with a minimum of 45 percent marks
- Candidates should have obtained a Diploma in Education or Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) or completed any other prescribed teacher training program/course.
TET Eligibility Criteria: Number Of Attempts
There is generally no bar on the number of attempts if the candidate meets other criteria.
One can appear any number of times.
Also Read: CTET Eligibility Criteria
TET Essential Documents
Following certificates should be there with the candidates to prove eligibility.
- Class 12 passing certificate
- Diploma in Education or B.Ed. passing certificate
- Valid Photo ID Proof
- Passport size photograph
- Category or Caste certificate, if any
- Disability certificate, if any
To know more read here.
The TET stands for Teacher Eligibility Test which is conducted at national as well as state levels to shortlist candidates for appointment as teachers in schools.
The basic eligibility criteria for TET 2021 are:
- Class 12 passed or a graduate from with a minimum 45 per cent marks
- Diploma in Education or Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) or completed teacher training program/course
Yes, you can appear for only Paper 1 of the TET exam after passing class 12 exams. For Paper 2, candidates are required to have a bachelor's degree.
No, the CTET and TET exams are not the same. The CTET is a national-level teacher eligibility test conducted by the CBSE and the TET exams are conducted by the states.
The difficulty level of the TET exams varies on the basis of questions asked in the exam. Usually, the questions asked in the TET exams are of moderate difficulty level.
The syllabus of the TETs is prescribed by the respective exam authorities or state governments. Generally, the questions in the exam are asked from Child Development and Pedagogy, Language I, Language II, Mathematics, Environmental Studies, and Social Studies.