- Join our CTET Paper 1 Video Course to prepare for CTET Exam.
- Join our CTET Paper 2 Video Course to prepare for CTET Exam.
Table Of Content
- CTET Revised Eligibility
- CTET Eligibility Criteria
- CTET Eligibility: Nationality Criteria
- CTET Eligibility: Age Limit
- CTET Eligibility: Educational Qualification In Detail
- CTET Educational Qualification for Primary Teachers
- CTET Eligibility: Number of Attempts
Source: safalta.comThese points are meant to highlight the most important information related to the CTET Eligibility.
- National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) has released revised eligibility criteria for candidates who are pursuing Teacher Training Courses (TTC)
- As per NCTE, Candidates who have been admitted and undergoing any Teacher Training Course(TTC) can be referred to as “Pursuing” and they can be eligible to apply for TET Examination.
- Candidates whose appointments are challenged were eligible to appear in the TET exam when they are pursuing Teacher Training Course(TTC).
- National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) Regulations for eligibility criteria will be followed as previously mentioned.
- Post-Graduation candidate with a minimum 55% marks or equivalent grade and three-year integrated B.Ed.-M.Ed.
- Minimum qualifications laid down in the Recruitment Rules for the teachers by the Appropriate Government where the school is situated or the Recruitment Rules for the teachers of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangthan or Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti.
- Central Teacher Eligibility Test(CTET) does not imply that the candidate’s eligibility has been verified for Recruitment.
- Central Teacher Eligibility Test(CTET) does not vest any right with the candidate for appointment.
- The final eligibility for any teaching recruitment by concerned authority shall be finally verified.
Check TET Eligibility here.
TS TET Eligibility here.
Prior to proceeding to the next level in CTET Eligibility 2022, higher authorities will first examine a candidate's nationality. The candidate must meet one of the stated CTET Nationality Criteria 2022 or be an Indian citizen. Candidates are urged to carefully review the following advice in order to meet the nationality requirements for CTET eligibility:
- A Nepalese subject.
- A Bhutanese subject.
- A Tibetian who arrived In India before the 1st of January 1962 to settle permanently in India.
- Candidates who have migrated from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Ethiopia, Vietnam, and Burma permanently reside in India.
To know more read here.
|CTET Cut Off||NRA CET Syllabus||NRA CET Eligibility|
Check MAHA TET Salary here.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 board examinations from a recognized institute with minimum 50 per cent marks must have passed or should be appearing in the final year of the two-year teacher training diploma course in Elementary Education
- Candidates must have Passed 10+2 board examinations from a recognized institute with minimum 45 per cent marks and passed or appear in the final year of the two-year teachers' training diploma in Elementary Education in accordance with rules mentioned in NCTE, 2002
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 board examinations from a recognized institute with minimum 50 per cent marks and passed or appearing in the final year of a four-year bachelor’s course in Elementary Education (B.El.Ed)
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 board examinations with minimum 50 per cent marks and passed or appeared in the final year of a two-year Diploma in Special Education
- Graduation in any stream with minimum 50 per cent marks and a B.Ed degree
CTET Educational Qualification for Elementary Teachers
- Candidates must have passed Graduation in any stream and passed or appearing in the final year of two-year Diploma in Elementary Education (D.Ed)
- Graduation in any stream with minimum 50 per cent marks and passed or appearing in one-year B.Ed course
- Candidates must have done their graduation with minimum 45 per cent marks and passed or appearing in one-year B.Ed in accordance with the rules and norms of NCTE
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 board exams from a recognised institute with minimum 50 per cent marks and passed or appearing in the final year of four-year B.El.Ed
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 board exams from a recognised institute with minimum 50 per cent marks and passed or appearing in the final year of four-year BA/BSc.Ed or BA.Ed/BSc.Ed
- Candidates must have passed graduation with minimum 50 per cent marks and passed or appearing in one-year B.Ed in Special Education
CTET Reservation Criteria
Candidates will be deemed qualified for the General category if they receive 60 percent of the possible points on the examination. The fact that there is no negative grading for answering a question incorrectly is a plus for all applicants who are showing up.
|2.||Other Reserved Category||82 marks|
CTET Eligibility: Points to Remember
- The NCTE must recognise the candidate's degree or diploma in teacher education.
- The Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI)-recognized programmes will only be taken into consideration for candidates who already hold a diploma or degree in special education.
- The chosen applicant, who holds a D.Ed. in special education, is required to complete a 6-month Special Elementary Education Program approved by NCTE.
- Teachers of languages, social studies/social science, mathematics, science, etc. must meet the basic educational requirements outlined above.
- Teachers of physical education must adhere to the standards outlined in the NCTE regulations.
- Teachers of subjects like art education, home science, work education, craft education, etc. must adhere to the standards set by state governments and other school administrations.
- Candidates must determine if they meet the requirements in order to apply or not.
- It should be emphasised that granting an applicant entrance to the test does not formally confirm their eligibility. Before the appointment, the authorities will conduct one last verification.
CTET Exam Highlights 2023
Central Teacher Eligibility Test- CTET
Central Board of Secondary Education- CBSE
Frequency of Exam
Twice a year
Earlier Pen and Paper Mode is now Online
Bilingual-English and Hindi
To set uniform eligibility criteria for teachers and ensure standards in the teaching profession
|Age Limit||Minimum 17 years|
50% in Senior Secondary with a 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education
CTET Exam Important points to note :
- The candidates’ degree or diploma in teacher education must be recognised by the NCTE.
- For the candidates holding a Diploma or Degree in Special Education, only the programs recognized by the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) will be considered.
- The appointed candidate carrying D.Ed (Special Education) qualification must undergo a 6-month Special Programme in Elementary Education recognised by NCTE.
- The minimum educational qualifications mentioned above apply to the teachers of Languages, Social Studies/ Social Science, Mathematics, Science, etc.
- For the Physical Education teachers, the norms mentioned in NCTE regulations shall be followed.
- In the case of teachers of Art Education, Home Science, Work Education, Craft Education, etc. the norms prescribed by State Governments and other school managements shall be applicable.
- It is the candidates’ responsibility to evaluate if they satisfy the eligibility criteria to apply or not.
- It must be noted that the admission to take the test does not verify the candidates’ eligibility. Final verification will be done by the authorities before the appointment.