Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited (UPPCL) conducts UPPCL JE recruitment exam to recruit eligible and interested candidates to the post of Junior Engineer. The selection process comprises of a written exam followed by document verification. Candidates who are aspiring to appear for UPPCL JE Exam should know the syllabus of the exam in detail to know the topics they have to cover for the exam. UPPCL JE syllabus comprises of various subjects and topics which are very diverse in nature to examine the candidate's ability. In this article we have explained UPPCL JE syllabus in detail for the benefit of the candidates. Along with that we have also provided details about UPPCL JE exam pattern to help the candidates understand the weightage of each subject.
Download UPPCL JE Syllabus Free PDF- Click Here!
UPPCL JE Syllabus 2021
UPPCL JE exam asks questions from subjects such as General Awareness, Logical Reasoning, General Hindi and Technical Knowledge. The syllabus for each of these subjects is vast and needs to be convered thoroughly in order to clear the exam. The detailed subject-wise syllabus for UPPCL JE exam is as follows:
UPPCL JE Syllabus: General Awareness
- Socio Economic development of India
- Current Affairs
- Modern History (From 1857 onwards) of India
- Indian culture
- Indian Polity
- Indian Economy
- Science and Technology etc.
UPPCL JE Syllabus for Logical Reasoning
- Similarities and differences
- Spatial visualization
- Spatial orientation
- Problem solving
- Decision making
- Relationship concepts
- Arithmetic reasoning
- Verbal and figure classification
- Arithmetical number series
- Non-verbal series
- Coding and decoding
- Statement conclusion
- Syllogistic reasoning
UPPCL JE Syllabus: General Hindi
- Synonyms and antonyms
- Error detection
- Fill in the blanks
UPPCL JE Syllabus for Technical Knowledge
- Control systems.
- Analytical instrumentation.
- Power Systems.
- Digital Signal Processing.
- Computer Control of Processes, Networks.
- Measurements, Instrumentation, and Transducers.
- Power Electronics and Drives.
- Electrical machines.
- Electrical Circuits and Fields.
- Industrial Instrumentation.
- Digital Electronics.
- Communication Engineering.
- Irrigation Engineering.
- Estimating, Costing, and Valuation.
- Environmental Engineering.
- Structural Engineering
- Theory of Structures.
- RCC Design
- Steel Design.
- Concrete Technology.
- Building Materials.
- Transportation Engineering.
- Soil Mechanics
- Basics of Circuits and Measurement Systems.
- Digital Electronics.
- Analog Electronics
- Electrical and Electronic Measurements.
- Control Systems and Process Control.
- Analytical, Optical Instrumentation.
- Transducers, Mechanical Measurement, and Industrial Instrumentation.
- Signals, Systems, and Communications
UPPCL JE Exam Pattern
The details about UPPCL Exam Pattern are as follows:
- Exam is objective in nature where multiple choice type questions are asked.
- It is an online computer based exam.
- A total of 200 questions are asked.
- Each question carries one mark.
- There is negative marking and 0.25 marks are deducted for every incorrect answer.
- The time duration of the exam is 3 hours.
||No. of Questions
|Engineering Subject (Diploma Level)
|General Knowledge/ Awareness
UPPCL JE Syllabus FAQs
Q. What is the total duration of UPPCL JE Exam?
A. The time duration of UPPCL JE Exam is 3 hours.
Q. What are the subjects from which questions are asked in UPPCL JE Exam?
A. Questions are asked from Technical Knowledge of the engineering subject (diploma level), General Awareness, Logical Reasoning and General Hindi.
Q. Is there negative marking in UPPCL JE Exam?
A. Yes there is negative marking in UPPCL JE Exam and 0.25 marks are deducted for every incorrect answer.
Q. What is the syllabus of General Awareness for UPPCL JE Exam?
A. The syllabus of General Awareness for UPPCL JE Exam comprises of the following topics: History, Geography, Socio Economic development of India, Current Affairs, Modern History (From 1857 onwards) of India, Indian culture, Indian Polity, Indian Economy, Science and Technology etc.
Q. How many questions are asked in UPPCL JE Exam?
A. A total of 200 questions are asked in UPPCL JE Exam.