Source: Safalta.comWe'd like to meet you if you can communicate well and work systematically as part of a team. The purpose is to motivate and entice the intended audience.Read the article further to know the detailed Job Description of a Graphic Designer. Register here to prepare for the course you are interested for.
Click here to enroll in a Graphic designing course
Table Of Contents-
1. What does a graphic designer do?
2. Employers of Graphic Designers
3. Qualifications and Trainings required
4. Key skills for graphic designers
CHECK>>> Is Graphic Design A Good Career in 2022 ?
Graphic designers/artists create graphics for publications, labels, advertising, and signage, among other mediums. The following are examples of typical activities:
1. collaborating with customers to determine their needs and budget
2. From typesetting to design, print, and production, I'm in charge of customer proposals
3. engaging with customers, providing briefings and advice on design style, format, print production, and deadlines
4. producing product illustrations, brand logos, and website concepts, graphics, and layouts
5. choosing font type and size, as well as the size and placement of prose and illustrative material
6. preparing basic material draughts based on an agreed-upon brief
7. examining final layouts and, if necessary, suggesting improvements
8. coordinating with external printers on a frequent basis to ensure that deadlines are fulfilled and that materials are printed to the greatest possible standard
Graphic designers often work from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., but deadlines may necessitate working beyond hours. Graphic design jobs are available in locations across the country, though independent designers can work from home. To broaden your experience and enhance your portfolio, you will most likely need to change jobs frequently.
Read | 8 Graphic Design Trends In 2022
- Advertising agencies
- Large print houses
- Brand agencies
- Signage companies
- Book, magazine and newspaper publishers
- Multimedia companies
- Television and broadcasting companies
- The packaging industry
- In-house graphic design services of major national and international organisations and companies
ALSO CHECK- How To Start A Graphic Design Career in 2022 ?
While non-graduates are welcome to apply, individuals with appropriate degrees are given priority. Although a degree in graphic design is preferred, other art and design subjects will be considered. Many higher education institutions also offer a variety of related postgraduate programmes. To show employers, you'll need work experience and a portfolio of your work. Internships and seasonal work can help you achieve this. Employers also look for experience with design tools like Quark Xpress, InDesign, or Illustrator, as well as photo-editing software like PhotoShop. Vacancies for graphic designers are in high demand, so it's best to apply on the basis of a hunch.
Read | Career As A Graphic Designer : Courses, Jobs, Admission
- Excellent IT skills, especially with design and photo-editing software
- Exceptional creativity and innovation
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- An understanding of the latest trends and their role within a commercial environment
- Professional approach to time, costs and deadlines
ALSO READ- Graphic Designer Salary In India