We are taught about our struggle for freedom, independence, the establishment and approval of the Indian Constitution, and our government because history and civics are key components of the Indian school curriculum.
On the occasion of India's 73rd Republic Day, here are some fascinating facts about the Republic Day Parade that will certainly inform you.
You may also read:
- 73rd Republic Day 2022: Read Why and How this Day is Celebrated
- Republic Day 2022: Know Who will be the Chief Guest
1. Previously, parades were held in a variety of venues.
Source: Safalta.comBetween 1950 and 1954, the epic Republic Day procession was staged in Irwin Stadium (now National Stadium), Kingsway, Red Fort, and Ramlila grounds.
2. Every year, on January 26th, the Prime Minister, President, or ruler of any country is invited to the parade. The first parade was held on January 26, 1950, with Indonesian President Dr.
Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
3. The procession participants begin getting ready at 2 a.m. and arrive at the Rajpath around 3 a.m.
4. Rajpath hosted the first Republic Day celebrations in 1955. Rajpath used to be known as the Kingsway, after India's then-emperor, George V. The road's name was changed to Rajpath after India gained independence in 1947.
5. All of the Tanks, Armored Vehicles, and sophisticated equipment demonstrating India's military might are housed in a dedicated camp outside the India Gate. The inquiry process for each Cannon and the whitewashing job is usually completed in ten stages, however this time it may be different.
6. Every year, the Republic Day parade begins only after the President of India arrives. The President's bodyguards salute the National Flag first, followed by the playing of the National Anthem. A 21-gun salute concludes the ceremony. The shooting is carried out by seven Indian army cannons known as the 25-Ponders.
7. Each member of the army who takes part in the march must go through four layers of investigation. Aside from that, their arms are extensively inspected to guarantee they are not carrying live bullets.
You may also read:
- List of Government Schemes in India 2022
- List of Important Days of January 2022: National & International