Current Affairs Ebook Free PDF: Download Here
Attempt Free Mock Tests- Click Here
THE KEY POINTS
- India will be able to perform auxiliary duties including vertical replenishment, search and rescue operations, and communications relay in addition to anti-surface and anti-submarine warfare activities with the planned sale. India will strengthen its home defence and act as a deterrent to regional threats using the strengthened capabilities.
- The US had already authorized the sale of 24 MH-60R multi-mission helicopters to India in 2019 through its Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program.
Source: Safalta.comThe authorisation was granted to enhance the security of an important defensive partner in the Indo-Pacific region.
- The MH-60R is the most advanced maritime multi-mission helicopter currently in use. The Indian Navy's overall ability to conduct anti-submarine warfare will be greatly enhanced by modern mission-capable platforms.
- The first three MH 60 "Romeo" helicopters, which were delivered to the US in 2021, are now being used to train the Indian Navy's crew.
- India is buying the helicopters as part of an around $15,000 crore deal with the US government and in conformity with the rules governing foreign military sales. The Lockheed Martin Corporation's all-weather MH-60R helicopter is outfitted with contemporary avionics and sensors to undertake a variety of missions.
How to prepare for Government Jobs?
Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
|If you want to get details about the other Indian government job salaries, you can visit these articles by Safalta|
|Indian Army Clerk Salary 2022||NDA Salary 2022||SSC CGL Salary 2022||
Delhi Police Constable Salary
|UP Lekhpal Salary 2021||Uttar Pradesh Primary Teacher Salary 2022||UP Police Constable Salary 2021||Bihar Police SI Salary 2021|