Source: SafaltaThis information includes their popularity in the UK and throughout the world, the most popular listening platforms, and much more. Let's start now! Boost Your Skills by Learning: Digital Marketing
Table of Content:
Podcast Statistics You Need to Know
Podcast Statistics You Need to Know:
1) Over 4.1 million podcasts have been registered globally:
There are several alternatives accessible to you if you're trying to find a new podcast. Over 4.1 million podcasts are registered as of right now. Over 2 million podcasts and more than 48 million episodes of podcasts are available for download on Apple Podcasts. That implies that it should be simple to locate something that appeals to you.
2) Chile has the fastest-growing podcasting industry:
Chile has had an 83.9% increase in podcasting, making it a hotspot for this kind of media. Argentina, Peru, Mexico, and China are the nations that lag behind Chile but aren't too far behind.
3) There are podcasts in more than 100 different languages:
That is more language support than the majority of social networks offer. And it's not surprising either, given that all you actually need to create a podcast is a mechanism to capture, edit, and publish audio. This implies that anyone with something to say may simply create content everywhere there is reliable high-speed internet connectivity. Given the prevalence of internet access globally, it is only logical to think that there are podcasts available in more languages.
Download these Free EBooks: Introduction to digital marketing
4) Australians Enjoy Podcasts a Lot:
The country with the most podcast usage is Australia, according to the Edison Research Infinite Dial 2023. A significant 43% of Australians 12 and older have listened to a podcast in the last month, and 33% of people in this age group have done so in the previous week. 10% of Australians ages 12 and over listen to podcasts on a daily basis. Australians prefer Apple Podcasts (11%), followed by YouTube (24%), Spotify (34%), and Apple Music (24%). Apple Podcasts cannot be accessed on Android smartphones, which is a disadvantage given that Kantar estimates that Android has a commanding 51.6% market share in Australia.
5) American Listeners Enjoy Podcasts:
By the end of 2023, the number of Americans listening to a weekly podcast is projected to reach an astounding 103.6 million, or about one-third of the country's population. Additionally, this trend is expected to continue, with predictions for listenership of roughly 109.1 million in 2024, 114.7 million in 2025, and an astonishing increase to 119.4 million by the end of 2026.
6) The most popular podcasting platform is Apple Podcasts, followed by Spotify.
Apple Podcasts is the most popular platform for podcast listeners worldwide, with a share of 41.3% and higher, according to Buzzsprout Platform Stats. According to Buzzsprout Platform Stats, Apple Podcasts is the most popular platform for global podcast listeners, with a share of 41.3% and 57,784,043 podcast downloads, followed by Spotify in second place with 30.2% of users and 42,216,588 downloads, and then the Web Browser, Google Podcasts, and Apple iTunes. In the US, particularly with the younger generation, Spotif is the most popular platform for podcast listeners.
7) People assert that there are over 2 million podcast shows:
According to Apple, their platform hosts over 2 million podcasts. Although it is an astounding amount, it is important to note that nearly half of them only have three episodes or less. This information demonstrates that many artists launch podcasts only to give up on them very quickly, inflating the statistics.
8) In the UK, 50% of adults have listened to podcasts:
It's important to note that 50% of UK adults have listened to a podcast before if you want to produce a podcast with a UK audience in mind. It's encouraging to know that figure will probably increase in the years ahead given how popular podcasting is becoming.
9) 32.5 million people use Spotify to listen to podcasts each month:
This year, the platform will likely surpass Apple. According to Statista's statistics on podcast listeners, 28.5 million people subscribe to Apple Podcasts each month.
10) Around 22% of Americans who listen to podcasts enjoy the comedy subgenre:
Many individuals really use podcasts as a kind of audio entertainment, thus it seems sense that a lot of Americans enjoy humor. News (21%), real crime (18%), sports (17%), and health (17%) are other prominent categories. It's hardly surprising that The Joe Rogan Experience, The Daily, and Crime Junkie are the top three podcasts in the US.
11) In the US, there are 10 million more weekly podcast listeners than there are Netflix subscribers: Approximately 28% of Americans actively listen to podcasts, according to statistics on podcast listeners. When compared to the almost 70 million people who have Netflix accounts, it equals 80 million. This, according to some researchers, is an indication that consumers are beginning to transition from video to audio media.
12) In terms of podcast downloads, Apple Podcast reigns supreme: When it comes to listening to podcasts online, Spotify may reign supreme, but when it comes to downloading podcasts, Apple Podcasts is head and shoulders above the competition. Apple Podcasts receives almost 70% of all requests to download podcast episodes, well outpacing Spotify's 8.9% share of download requests.
13) Within a week of their debut, the top 1% of best-performing podcast episodes had 3,994 or more downloads:
The best performance measure for podcasts is the number of downloads. Therefore, an episode is in the top 5% if it receives 795 downloads in seven days. Next, this podcast ranks in the top 10% with 335 downloads over the same time period. Finally, the podcast is either in the top 25% or top 50% of all podcasts with 93 and 30 downloads, respectively.
14) One Million Singaporeans Listen to Podcasts: 20% of Singaporeans listen to podcasts as part of their daily routine, per an Acast poll. From the same poll, some more fascinating results are provided:
- On average, people listen to 3 to 5 different podcasts each week.
- Apple Podcasts is used by 57% of Singaporeans to stream podcasts.
15) Podcasts Are Already a Part of 51% of Marketers' Marketing Strategies:
The competitiveness of the podcast marketing sector will increase. There will be fewer places for startups as large corporations begin to use podcasting to strengthen their brands. Take action right away to seize this chance before the competition gets too fierce. While you're at it, you might want to take into account these leading podcast hosting services.
16) Listeners between the ages of 12 and 34 are the most avid podcast listeners: 50% of individuals between the ages of 12 and 34 listen to podcasts each month, according to research by Infinite Dial.
17) In the US, 65% of podcast listeners use their smartphones or tablets:
People do not often listen to podcasts on their desktops. The majority of listeners access podcasts via apps and mobile devices. Only 25% of podcasters use computers or laptops as their main devices.
18) In the US, 38% of individuals will have listened to podcasts in the last month by the year 2022:
In the past 10 years, the number of US podcast listeners has quadrupled. For comparison, the proportion of Americans who have ever listened to a podcast rose from 11% to 32% between 2009 and 2019.
1) How to Use Chatgpt and AI for Enterprise SEO Strategies
2) How to use AI in IT Support?
19) In the UK, there are more than 21 million people who listen to podcasts:
During the epidemic, Britain was no exception to the global podcast trend. The number of listeners in the UK is anticipated to increase to over 28 million listeners by 2026, according to the most recent podcast data for the UK. The younger demographic consumes the majority of this genre of audio entertainment. In particular, those aged 26 to 35 make up 40% of British listeners to podcasts on a weekly basis. British women tend to choose comedy and music above sports and comedy for male podcast listeners in terms of genre.
20) Apple Podcasts is the platform of choice in Canada for power listeners:
Those who listen for more than five hours a week are referred to be power listeners. Spotify overtook Apple and YouTube as the leading podcast distribution channels in 2020. According to the most recent podcast data for Canada, Apple, however, maintained its position there (28% among power listeners). Local data also reveals that between 76% and 100% of the podcasts that Canadian podcasters have downloaded on their devices are listened to. Only 24% of those who download podcasts listen to between 51% and 75% of them.
21) Although the trend is changing, around 57% of Americans who listen to podcasts are white:
In the US, podcast listeners are now more diverse than they were in 2022. For instance, 16% of Hispanics and 13% of African Americans, respectively, listen to podcasts. Furthermore, 10% of Americans who listen to podcasts identify as other, and 4% of them are Asian.
From blogs to videos, there are several channels you may utilize to express your ideas or establish your internet brand. Podcasting, on the other hand, is a platform that should not be overlooked. The number of creators launching their own shows, as well as the number of listeners listening in, has risen considerably in recent years, fuelling the expansion of podcasting. There is a podcast for everyone, no matter who they are or what they are interested in. We've compiled some of the most important podcast facts you'll need to know in 2023 to help you understand how far they've come. This data includes their popularity in the United Kingdom and throughout the world, the most popular listening platforms, and much more.
Read More: Top 12 AI Prompt Photo Editor Tools Online