Hotjar is a web analytics and feedback tool that helps website owners understand their users' behaviour and feedback through heatmap and session recording, surveys, and other feedback tools. It provides valuable insights into how users interact with the website, what they like or dislike, and where they struggle. By using this information, website owners can make data-driven improvements to improve the user experience, increase conversion rates, and ultimately drive more success for the website.
Table of Content:
Benefits of Hotjar
Case studies on the Hotjar application
Benefits of Hotjar:
Hotjar benefits a website by providing insights into user behaviour and feedback, which can help website owners improve the user experience and drive better outcomes for their website. Some of the specific benefits of using Hotjar include:
- Improved User Experience: Hotjar helps website owners understand how users interact with their websites and identify areas for improvement.
- Increased Conversion Rates: By improving the user experience, Hotjar can help increase the conversion rates of a website.
- Increased Engagement: Hotjar helps website owners understand what their users like and dislike, which can lead to increased engagement.
- Improved Website Optimization: Hotjar provides valuable insights into how users navigate a website, which can help website owners optimize their website for better results.
- Better Decision Making: With data-driven insights into user behaviour and feedback, Hotjar helps website owners make informed decisions to drive better outcomes for their websites.
Case studies on the Hotjar application:
Here are a few case studies demonstrating the benefits of using Hotjar:
- HBR Ascend: Hotjar helped HBR Ascend, the Harvard Business Review platform, increase its conversion rates by 29% by providing insights into user behaviour and feedback.
- Cloudways: Hotjar helped Cloudways, a managed cloud hosting platform, increase their conversion rates by 19% by identifying areas for improvement in the user experience.
- SumoMe: Hotjar helped SumoMe, a suite of tools for website growth, increase their conversion rates by 15% by providing insights into user behaviour and feedback.
- Disruptive Advertising: Hotjar helped Disruptive Advertising, a digital marketing agency, increase its conversion rates by 13% by providing data-driven insights into user behaviour and feedback.
- The Happy Hour: Hotjar helped The Happy Hour, a lifestyle blog, increase their conversion rates by 20% by identifying areas for improvement in the user experience through heatmaps and session recordings.
These case studies show the potential of Hotjar to help website owners increase their conversion rates, improve the user experience, and make data-driven decisions for their websites. Let's see what are some of hotjar’s features:
The ability to view the replays of visitors to your website is by far Hotjar's biggest feature.
Source: Safalta.comHotjar begins recording a user's browser experience as soon as they arrive on your website, including every mouse click and keyboard entry. Because recordings alone are not very useful, Hotjar also gathers data about the type of device being used, the operating system, and the browser version. Many site recommendations can be influenced by watching the user recordings.
A screenshot of a website page that highlights user behaviours, such as clicks and scrolls, is called a heatmap. Heatmaps are crucial for landing pages because they show us which call to action generates the most clicks and average page scrolling time.
Even if our landing page is flawless, form submissions can occasionally have a significant drop-off rate. We need to gather data before we can determine why. It is really helpful to be able to measure form submissions with Hotjar. It provides a thorough analysis of the form submission rate by showing how fields interact with one another, which fields users leave blank, and most crucially, how often data is entered into a given field.
On our website, a person must navigate through a number of pages before becoming a lead. Not every page on a website is perfect, but figuring out which pages send visitors packing is crucial. The Hotjar Conversion Funnel Analysis really shines in this situation. By providing the URLs for the pages, Hotjar enables you to design custom funnels. The "Contact Us" or "About Us" pages on a website could cause visitors to leave. A funnel is established using Hotjar Funnel analysis, and Hotjar will immediately begin gathering data.
It's crucial to gather feedback if we want to improve our website. In just a few seconds, you can create a Hotjar feedback poll. There are different types of questions, such as Long text answers, Short text answers, Radio buttons, Checkboxes, and Net promoter scores. Options for the feedback survey include choosing the survey's behaviour (should it display when the user scrolls).Hotjar is a web analytics and feedback tool that provides website owners and marketers with visual insights into how users interact with their websites. It allows users to see and understand user behaviour on their website through features such as heatmaps, session recordings, conversion funnels, form analytics, feedback polls, and more.
What is Hotjar?
How does Hotjar work?
Is Hotjar easy to use?
Is Hotjar compatible with all websites?
Is Hotjar free?
Hotjar offers a free plan with limited features. There are also paid plans with more advanced features and higher usage limits. The type of plan you choose should depend on how many visitors your website gets.
BASIC (FREE). The free plan records up to 2,000 page views per day. Three heatmaps funnels polls and surveys can be collected. The plan also allows up to 300 user recordings. You can record more by resetting it manually.
PLUS ($29 per month). 10,000 page views a day with unlimited recordings. It stores data for up to 6 months.
BUSINESS ($89 per month). Between 20,000 and 2 million pageviews per day. Unlimited records. It saves data for up to one year.