Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
Recommended: Study for your Exams with Safalta School online. We provide Preparation materials for Classes 9-12 that can boost your preparations.
Table of Content
|International General Knowledge Olympiad|
|IGKO Exam dates|
|IGKO Eligibility Criteria|
|IGKO Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme|
|IGKO registration process|
|Steps for IGKO Registration|
|Tips to prepare for IGKO|
At safalta, you can access FREE E-BOOKS. These books are not just free of cost, but they are also packed with ample knowledge and information related to your studies.
We also provide FREE MOCK PAPERS, which can help you test your own yourself. These papers can help you prepare for your exams in a better way.
|Exam Name||International General Knowledge Olympiad (IGKO)|
|Conducting Body||Science Olympiad Foundation|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Application Fee (General)||125 Rs (Online)|
|Exam Duration||1 Hour|
|IGKO Exam Date||15 Sep 2022
11 Oct 2022
|Announcement of Result||Yet to be announced|
Learn more about IGKO Exam Dates 2022-2023.
- The students from any authorized school board like CBSE, ICSE, ISC, and other board levels can take part in the exam.
- The exam is available for candidates from classes 1 to 10.
- The students studying in any government school which is recognized by any board can also take part in the exam.
|General Awareness||Questions based on multiple topics from history, geography, science, mathematics, etc.|
|Current Affairs||Questions based on current affairs and news that are trending and important.|
|Life Skills||Questions based on common sense and decisions on different circumstances.|
|Achievers Section||Questions demanding deep thinking and the application of two or more concepts to answer.|
Learn more about IGKO Syllabus.
|Class||Section||No of Questions||Marks/Qi||Total Marks|
|1 to 4||General Awareness||20||1||20|
|5 to 10||General Awareness||30||1||30|
Learn more about IGKO Exam Pattern 2022-2023.
- Each participant is required to pay 125 as the fee for the application
- The minimum number of students required for registration from the school side is 10
- The schools on their own can decide the date for the exam.
- The exam includes objective-type questions with 35 questions for classes 1 to 4 and 50 questions for 5 to 10.
- Candidates are given 60 minutes to complete the exam
- Candidates are required to appear in the exam during the school hours
Learn more about IGKO Registration.
- The registration forms for classes 1st -10th are given to schools. The SOF will send the details to the school, which has a brochure containing the student’s roll number. The schools are required to submit the form once completely done.
- The coordinating teacher provides the roll numbers to the participating candidates while following the instructions. The student’s registration number and the SRS (student registration sheet) are given to the student before the last date.
- The registration by SOF gets confirmed after the collection of all the forms.
- Any school can request to become the center for The International general knowledge olympiad (IGKO) exam.
- Visit the official website
- After visiting the site, fill in the required details like school address, school name, student name, class, gender, section, and so on. The information must be correct as all the necessary details will be delivered to your number through mail or SMS like roll no, test links, and other related guidelines
- Select IGKO
- Pay the registration fees and enter the given captcha
- The registration will get completed once you have given the fees and completed all other formalities
Learn more about IGKO Exam Results 2022-2023.
- Those who get 1st place will get INR 50,000, a gold medal, and a certificate of excellence.
- Those who secure 2nd place will be rewarded with INR 25,000, a silver medal, and a certificate of excellence.
- The 3rd prize winner will get an INR 10,000 bronze medal and a certificate of excellence.
- Candidates who made it to number one will receive a total of 260 awards of INR 5,000 each, as well as a gold medal and a certificate of zonal excellence.
- The First runner-ups will receive a total of 260 INR 2,500 in prizes, a silver medal, and a certificate of zonal excellence.
- Third runner-ups will receive INR 1,000 in cash, a bronze medal, and a certificate of zonal excellence.
- Each of the 1820 prizes comprises a gift of INR 1,000, a medal of distinction, a certificate of distinction, and a certificate of zonal excellence.
- One should make his/her study schedule and try to follow it strictly. The difficulty levels become the basis of the time allotted to complete the exam
- It's better to start with simple topics, identify them, and move towards the difficulty level.
- Go through the syllabus and follow it generously. Don’t skip any topic.
- The better way to get good marks is to understand the concepts and focus on them rather than focusing on memorizing the answers.
Source: safalta.comThe aim of The International general knowledge Olympiad (IGKO) is to boost students' interests in various areas like current affairs and general knowledge. The participants must be aware of the dates, syllabus, exam pattern, and marking scheme.