Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
Source: safalta.comHowever, learning the details of the different forms of each type is a different and complex thing. Tense play a vital role in contributing to your writing proficiencies and often lend a hand in cracking English proficiency tests. Therefore, it becomes significant to strengthen your foundation of verb tenses. In this blog, we will be learning the Present Indefinite Tense or simple present tense, its usage, and examples.
Recommended: Study for your Exams with Safalta School online. We provide Preparation materials for Classes 9-12 that can boost your preparations.
Table of Content
|What is Present Indefinite Tense?|
|Uses of Present Indefinite Tense|
|How to Form Present Indefinite Tense?|
|How to Make Present Indefinite Tense Negative?|
|How to Make a Question using Present Indefinite Tense?|
|Present Indefinite Tense and Present Time|
Access FREE E-BOOKS at SAFALTA. These books are not just free of cost, but they are also packed with ample knowledge and information related to your studies.
Check out FREE MOCK PAPERS. These help you test your own yourself and help you prepare for your exams in a better way.
What is Present Indefinite Tense?Tense refers to the time frame of the action taking place and is described using the verb. Present Indefinite Tense or Present Tense can be defined as the action done in the present. However, there is no specific time limitation given to it being accomplished. Present indefinite tense can also be used to express true events, near future, habit, nature, etc.
- Rama loves chocolate
- Sita goes to the market.
- Shally loves chocolate
- Preeti goes to school every day.
Uses of Present Indefinite TenseHere are the uses of the Present Indefinite Tense-
To depict a universal truth
- The earth revolves around the sun.
- The sun rises in the east.
- She always speaks the truth.
- My office starts at 10 am.
- Roma never tells a lie.
- She plays Badminton.
- I read the notes.
- My summer vacation will get over in the next week.
- My exams will commence next Monday.
Future Tense Rules
Present Tense Rules
150+ Best and Simple English Speech Topics For Students
What is a bonafide Certificate
Article on Importance of Education
Active and Passive Voice Rules
Jumbled Words in English
How to Form Present Indefinite Tense?Excluding the third person singular, most regular verbs use the raw form of the simple present tense, which ends with s.
Rule: Subject + verb + Object
Here are some more examples of Present Indefinite Tense that can help you understand the Tense more effectively.
- They love to play football I know how to protest against injustice
- She prefers coffee to tea
- Do you love to listen to realistic songs?
- He goes to the library every day
- Do you like to watch cricket?
- I do not like to quarrel
- They always play cricket in that field
- We come for shopping in this market
- I love to listen to melodious songs
- The poet writes romantic poems
How to Make Present Indefinite Tense Negative?Do/does + not + [root form of verb] is the rule for making Present Indefinite Tense or Simple present tense verb negative. Rather than using do not or does not, you can employ the contraction doesn’t or don’t.
Rule: Subject + verb + not + Object
- Shakeel does not share his feelings with anyone.
- Mohan does not complete your homework.
- I do not want to play right now.
To make the verb to be negative, the rule is (to be) + not.
- I am not a coffee lover, but Shakeel for sure is.
- You aren’t ready for the football match today.
How to Make a Question using Present Indefinite Tense?We use the words 'do' and 'does' when we ask questions in the Present Indefinite Tense or Simple present tense. For the third person singular (she, he, and it), we employ 'do'. With questions words, such as what, where, and when we use 'do' and 'does'. However, with question words 'who' we don’t use 'do' and 'does'.
Rule: Do/Does + Subject + Root verb
Let’s learn it with the help of examples-
- Do you play cricket?
- Where do you live in Mumbai?
- Does he play Badminton?
- Where does he learn singing?
- When does Sita get up in the morning?
- Who takes care of your home in your absence?
Present Indefinite Tense and Present TimeWe employ the Present Indefinite Tense or Simple Present tense with Present Time to describe.
- Something that is correct right now.
- Anything that takes place very often in the present.
- A Statement that is always true.
- I’m 25 years old.
- I’m a school student.
- I live in Mumbai.
- The human body has 206 bones.
- The earth rises in the east and sets in the west.
- The earth revolves around the sun.
What is Present Indefinite Tense?
What are the uses of Present Indefinite Tense?
- To depict a universal truth
- Activities of habitual nature and those with adverbs, such as never, always, rarely, and seldom.
- For action taking place in the Present.
- For events that are to take place in the near future.
What is the rule of Present Indefinite Tense (Negative)?
What is the rule of Present Indefinite Tense (Interrogative)?
What is Safalta School Online?
What are the benefits of Safalta School Online?
- Free e-books and Mock test papers
- Preparation materials
- One-to-one interaction with teachers
- Easy to approach teachers when having a query