Source: safalta.comThis space will cover in detail how to prepare Maths for the UPSC CDS Examination. The Combined Defence Services Exam 2023 preparation suggestions mentioned here would be useful for all applicants preparing to take the next CDS test. You may also read CDS Eligibility 2022
|General Knowledge Ebook Free PDF: Download Here||Current Affairs Ebook Free PDF: Download Here||Attempt Free Mock Tests- Click Here|
How To Prepare Maths For CDS
If you are preparing for competitive exams and are looking for expert guidance, you can check out our MATHS SPECIAL Batch which will help you to ace the CDS examination.
1. Strategic approach: To be able to score marks in the math section, you need to make sure that you attempt questions with accuracy.
The number of attempts should be balanced as the negative marking does exist in the CDS exam.
Each question carries one mark.
|Environmental Studies E-Book||General Hindi E-Book||Sports E-Book For All Exams||Indian Economy E-Book|
The key point to ace this section is to maintain a balance of accuracy and efficiency.
2. Set realistic goals: Have a look at the math syllabus and then divide your preparation time into different topics. Allot more time for difficult topics like trigonometry and mensuration. Set weekly goals so that you can track your progress on different topics and also identify the topics you are weak in. Try to give some extra time to strengthen your weaker topics by solving more and more questions related to that topic.
While studying, make notes of important formulas so that you can revise them from time to time.
This will help you to learn those formulas by heart.
Get to know the Daily Routine Of A NDA Cadet
3. Follow the right study material: Some of the books you can go for to prepare the CDS syllabus include:
- Arihant Pathfinder
- Mathematics for CDS by RS Aggarwal
- Quantum CAT by Sarvesh Verma,
- Quantitative Aptitude for examinations paperback by RS Aggarwal, etc.
|CDS Eligibility Criteria 2023: Check age limit, educational qualifications, and other details here
CDS Exam Pattern
How To Prepare GK For NDA And CDS 2023: Get Expert Tips Here!
4. Topic-wise weightage: Analyze the previous year's question papers to determine the pattern of the exam. Focus more on topics accordingly. For instance, you get very easy questions based on chapters related to statistics like bar charts, pie charts, measuring central tendency frequency polygons, etc.
Given below is some analysis drawn from the previous year's question papers.
You can schedule your study plan according to it but remember, it can change.
So, make sure you cover the entire syllabus.
|CDS Syllabus 2022: Download the Free Syllabus PDF Here!
NDA Mock Tests 2023: Attempt NDA Mock Tests for all subjects here!
Most Difficult Questions
The level of questions you get on concepts like surface area and volume of rectangles, parallelograms, cuboids, etc. will be slightly difficult. To prepare for these concepts you need to learn the formulas by heart and also work on your calculation speed. Try solving more and more questions based on these concepts as this will help you to memorize the formulas quite well.
HIGH WEIGHTAGE TOPICS:
Questions on Geometry and trigonometry-related concepts such as properties of angles, congruency of triangles, medians, tangents, etc.
are most commonly asked.
Hence, these topics carry very high weight in CDS exams.
Try to develop full command of chapters like line & angles, triangles, circles, trigonometry, and applications of trigonometry by thoroughly understanding the concepts involved.
To know all about the NDA Exam, read the below-linked articles:
|NDA Syllabus||NDA Salary|
|Best Books for NDA||NDA Cut Off|
Topics like number systems, time and work, percentages, averages, HCF, LCM, and quadratic equations are very easy to understand and consume less time. Therefore, if you are not that good in math then you can start your preparation with such topics. It will help to develop conceptual clarity along with boosting your confidence.
5. Revise: Until and unless you revise you won’t be able to memorize things. This can cause problems for you in the final exam. All the formulas and concepts should be at your fingertips only then will you be able to complete your exam correctly and on time.
UPSC NDA Maths Syllabus
|MATRICES AND DETERMINANTS||
|ANALYTICAL GEOMETRY OF TWO AND THREE DIMENSIONS||
|INTEGRAL CALCULUS AND DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS||
|STATISTICS AND PROBABILITY||Statistics :