If you are preparing for the IBPS PO exam, you can Attempt Our Mock FREE Here- Attempt Now.
Table of ContentsIBPS PO Eligibility Criteria: Overview
IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria
IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria: Nationality
IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria: Age Limit
IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria: Educational Qualification
IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria: Important Points
IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria: Number of Attempts
IBPS PO Eligibility - EWS
IBPS PO Eligibility – PwD Category
IBPS PO Eligibility - Points To Remember
|Nationality||Indian citizens and others|
|Age Limit||20 to 30 years of age|
|Educational Qualification||The candidate should have completed the graduation|
|Number of Attempts||Not specified|
Source: safalta.comEach candidate must satisfy all the criteria to be eligible to appear for the exam, except in case he is permitted any relaxation
- Age Limit
- Educational Qualifications
IBPS PO Salary
IBPS PO Syllabus
Also, Read Another Article: How to Generate Best SEO Content Ideas: The Ultimate Guide
- A Citizen of India
- A Subject of Nepal
- A Subject of Bhutan
- A Tibetan Refugee who came to India before January 1, 1962, to permanently settle in India
- A person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia, and Vietnam to permanently settle in India.
|Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||5 years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (Army personnel)||5 years|
|Widows/Divorced Women||9 years|
|Persons with Domicile of Jammu &Kashmir during the period of 1-1-1980 to 31-12-1989||5 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
|Retrenched from service(for MP state Only)||5 years|
Bank Exam Preparation Complete Book of Data Interpretation and Analysis- CLICK HERE
Check out our salary pages:
- Candidates who do not satisfy the above-mentioned eligibility criteria, their candidature can get canceled
- Candidates must have all the relevant documents to support their educational qualifications, age, and caste.
- Documents must be original and they must also have digital versions of them/ or scanned copies.
Applicants not covered under the SC, ST, and OBC categories and who have a gross annual income less than 8 lakh rupees are identified as EWS candidates i.e. candidates belonging to the Economically Weaker Section. Such candidates are entitled to the benefit of a 10% reservation for the vacancies released by IBPS.
Important Points Related to IBPS PO Eligibility for EWS Category
The income from all sources such as salary, business, agriculture, profession, etc. will be included in revenue. This income will be the income from the financial year preceding the year of application.
However, a person possessing any of the following assets will not be included in the EWS category, irrespective of his annual family income.
- 5 acres of Agricultural Land and above
- Residential flat of 1000 sq. Ft. and above
- Residential plots of 100 sq. yards and above in notified municipalities
- Residential plots of 200 sq. yards and above in areas other than the notified municipalities
While applying for the property holding test to determine EWS status, the property owned in different locations by a particular “Family” is clubbed.
Candidates seeking to avail of the benefit of EWS reservation for the IBPS PO Selection Process will have to produce an Income and Asset Certificate at the time of document verification and interview round issued by a Competent Authority in the prescribed format.
The term “Family” will include the person seeking the benefit of reservation, his parents, siblings below 18 years of age, spouse, and children below 18 years of age.
As per the Government of India norms, persons with benchmark disabilities are eligible for reservation under section 34 of “The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016”.
The categories of disabilities eligible to avail reservation under the Act are as follows:
- Deaf and hard of hearing
- Blindness and low vision
- intellectual disability, autism, mental illness, and specific learning disability
- locomotor disability including leprosy cured, cerebral palsy, dwarfism, muscular dystrophy, and acid attack victims
People with benchmark disabilities will be allocated the reserved vacancies as prescribed in the “The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016” and as per vacancies reported to IBPS by Participating banks.
Directives for PwD using services of Scribe
Candidates whose writing speed is affected permanently or with minimum benchmark disability for any reason are allowed to use their own scribe during IBPS PO Exam 2021 but have to abide by certain rules mentioned below.
- Candidates who wish to use the scribe services or are eligible for the same in the examination will have to apply for the services of the scribe while filling out the IBPS PO Application Form.
- Scribes will have to be arranged by the candidates themselves and at their own cost.
- Both candidate and Scribe will have to submit an undertaking that all the stipulated eligibility conditions mentioned for the Scribe are fulfilled. Also, if, at any stage of the exam, it is found that the Scribe did not fulfill any of the eligibility criteria prescribed or suppresses material facts then the applicant’s candidature will be canceled, irrespective of the result of the CRP.
- The scribe used by the candidate is eligible for compensatory time of 20 mins or otherwise recommended for the full hour of the examination.
Since compensatory time given to candidates shall be a system-based process, therefore, only candidates who register for the same will be allowed such concessions.
Directives for candidates with Cerebral Palsy and Locomotor Disability
Candidates with a minimum of 40% Cerebral Palsy and Locomotor Disability where the dominant extremity i.e. writing is affected to the scope where it may slow down the performance will be permitted a compensatory time of 20 min/hr or otherwise advised.
Directives for candidates having Intellectual Disability
Candidates will be provided a compensatory time of 20 min/hr of the exam only if they are more than 40% Intellectually Disabled, mentally ill, Autistic, or have a Specific Learning Disability, irrespective of availing of the Scribe services.
Directives for Visually Impaired candidates
Visually Impaired candidates suffering from 40% or more disability may opt to view the contents of the question paper in magnified font and will be eligible for compensatory time of 20 min/hr otherwise advised.
Only the visually impaired candidates who are not using the services of Scribe will be permitted to avail of the facility of viewing the contents of the test in the magnifying font.
- Persons with disabilities are provided reservation in the IBPS PO exam according to The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.
- For visually impaired candidates, IBPS PO Eligibility has norms that allow the use of scribes according to the guidelines.
- The number of reserved vacancies is declared after the respective banks communicate the number of vacant positions to the institute.
- Candidates who fulfill all the above IBPS PO Eligibility criteria should start preparing for the examination well in advance.
- As the IBPS application process is entirely online, it is useful to keep scanned copies of all relevant supporting documents handy.
- This would allow the candidate to finish the application process faster and secure the examination center of their own choice.
Top 10 Certifications and Highest-Paying Jobs in Digital Marketing 2023
Are Visual Effects (VFX) Artist Jobs Worth
The Role of SEO in Brand Building and Online Reputation
Marketing Attribution: Understanding the Impact of Various Channels on Conversions
|IBPS RRB PO Eligibility||IBPS Clerk Salary||IBPS Clerk Eligibility||SBI PO Eligibility Criteria|