Rajasthan Public Service Commission (RPSC) conducts RPSC RAS/RTS Exam to recruit eligible and interested canddiates to various Group A and Group B services in the state. Candidates who are aspiring to appear for the exam should know all the details such as eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus and so on. RPSC RAS exam pattern highlights the subjects from which questions are asked in the exam, the marking scheme, duration of the exam and so on. Knowing the exam pattern will help candidates strategise their preparation. Read this article to know all about RPSC RAS Exam Pattern. If you are preparing for competitive exams and are looking for expert guidance, then download our app- 'Exam Taiyari App
' and boost your preparation. Prepare for any competitive exam with Free Courses
, and Mock-Tests
on Safalta App.
RPSC RAS Exam Pattern 2021
There are three stages in RPSC RAS Exam:
- Preliminary Exam
- Mains Exam
- Personal Interview
The detailed pattern of each of these stages is as follows:
RPSC RAS Exam Pattern: Preliminary Exam
This is the first stage of the selection procedure. A total of 100 questions are asked in the exam which are objective in nature. This stage consists of only one paper in which questions are asked from General Awareness and General Science. There is negative marking in the exam and 1/3 marks are deducted for every incorrect answer.
||No. of Questions
|General Knowledge & General Science
RPSC RAS Exam Pattern: Mains Exam
Candidates who qualify RPSC RAS Prelims Exam appear for the Mains Exam. It comprises of 4 papers which are descriptive in nature. The duration of exam for each paper is 3 hours and each paper is of 200 marks.
|Paper-1: General Studies-I
|Paper-2: General Studies-II
|Paper-3: General Studies-III
|Paper-4: General Hindi and General English
RPSC RAS Exam Pattern: Personal Interview
Candidates who qualify the mains exam appear for the personal interview. Candidates' personality is evaluated in the personal interview. Interview comprises of a total of 100 marks. The final merit list will be prepared depending on the marks scored by the candidates in the mains exam and personal interview.
RPSC RAS Syllabus
The syllabus for RPSC RAS Exam is as follows:
RPSC RAS Prelims Syllabus
- History, Culture, Art, Literature, Tradition and Heritage of Rajasthan
- Indian History – Ancient, Medieval and Modern
- Indian and World Geography
- Geography of Rajasthan
- Constitution of India, Political System and Governance
- Administrative and Political System of Rajasthan
- Indian Economy and Basic Economic Concepts
- Economy of Rajasthan
- Science and Technology
- Reasoning and Mental Ability
- Current Affairs – Rajasthan
- Current Affairs – events of national and international importance
RPSC RAS Mains Syllabus
- Sociology, Management, Accounting and Auditing
- Administrative Ethics
- General Science and Technology
- Earth Science
- Indian Political System, World Politics and Current Affairs
- Concepts, Issues and Dynamics of Public Administration and Management
- Sports and Yoga, Behaviour and Law
|General Hindi and General English
- General Hindi – Grammar and Usage, Comprehension, Translation, Precis, Composition and Letter Writing
- General English – Grammar and Usage, Comprehension, Translation, Precis, Composition and Letter Writing
RPSC RAS Exam Pattern FAQs
Q. How many stages are there in RPSC RAS Exam?
A. There are three stages in RPSC RAS Exam- Preliminary Exam, Mains Exam and Personal Interview.
Q. What are the total marks that Personal Interview carries?
A. Personal Interview carries a total of 100 marks.
Q. Is there negative marking in RPSC RAS Prelims Exam?
A. Yes, there is negative marking in RPSC RAS Prelims Exam. 1/3 marks are deducted for every incorrect answer.
Q. What is the duration of RPSC RAS Prelims Exam?
A. The duration of RPSC RAS Prelims Exam is 3 hours.
Q. How many papers are there in RPSC RAS Mains Exam?
A. There are four papers in RPSC RAS Mains Exam.