NDA (National Defense Academy) is conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) and is for those ambitious students who are seeking to join the Indian army and want to serve their country. It’s one of the most popular competitive exams all over India. This exam is conducted twice a year and it’s the direct gateway for Indian defense forces. The next NDA 1/2022 exam has been scheduled for April 10, 2022. Every Class 12 student who wants to serve his/her nation dreamt to crack this competitive exam. The NDA exam has 2 stages i.e. Written test and a Personality test Which is also known as SSB.
Source: safalta.comFor getting selected in the final merit list, candidates need to qualify for both the written exam and SSB.
Moreover, after the completion of 3 years, the candidate gets a Bachelor’s Degree from Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi. After that candidate has to choose their specialization.
If they want to join the Indian Army then they have to join Indian Military Academy, Dehradun, Air Force Academy, Hyderabad for joining Air Force and Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala Indian Navy. Another important point for the candidates willing to work in defense is that they should not wait for their 12th board exam to start the NDA preparation. They should start their preparation as soon as they enter the 12th class if they want to join as Junior Cadets. Hence, for helping all the aspirants applying for the NDA exam here we will be discussing How to join NDA after 12th. We will discuss the eligibility criteria, selection process for How to join NDA after 12th.
- Both Male and Female candidates can join NDA after 12th.
- Candidates need to apply for NDA on the official website i.e. indianarmy.nic.in.
- After applying for the exam the candidates have to go through a written examination and a 5-day SSB (Service Selection Board) interview. Moreover, candidates need to clear Medicals as well.
- After qualifying for the exam candidate has to go through a course for 3 years.
- After the course is completed they will be posted as a lieutenant in the Indian Defense Services.
|Indian Army||12th pass with minimum 60 % marks from a recognized board|
|Air Force and navy||12th pass with minimum 60% marks with Physics and Mathematics from a recognized board.|
You may also read:
|NDA (1) 2022||16.5 years - 19.5 years||July 2, 2002, to July 1, 2006
|NDA (2) 2022|
|January 2, 2003, to January 1, 2007|
- Should be a citizen of India.
- Should be a subject of Nepal or Bhutan.
- Before January 1, 1962, a Tibetan refugee came to India to settle permanently.
- A PIO (Person of Indian Origin) is a person who has migrated to India from one of the nations listed below to reside permanently. Pakistanis, Burmese, Sri Lankans, Kenyans, Ugandans, Tanzanians (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambians, Malawians, Zaireans, Ethiopians, and Vietnamese nationals would fall under this category.
- The BMI (Body Mass Index) should be less than 25.
- Males should have a waist-to-hip ratio of less than 0.9, while girls should have a ratio of less than 0.8.
- Males should have a waist circumference of less than 90 cm and females should have a waist circumference of less than 80 cm.
- All biochemical and metabolic parameters should be normal.
|Minimum weight for all ages||Age: 17 to 20 yrs||Age: 20+01 day - 30 yrs||Age: 30 + 01 day - 40 yrs||Age: Above 40 yrs|
|Uncorrected without glass||6/6, 6/9|
|Corrected with glass||6/6, 6/6|
|Limits of Myopia||-0.75|
|Limits of Hypermetropia||1.5|
|Limits of color perception||I|
|Minimum distant vision||6/6, 6/9|
|Corrected with glass (for Hypermetropia)||6/6, 6/6|
|Sph Manifest Myopia||Nil|
|Retinoscopic Myopia||0.5 in any Meridian permitted|
|Astigmatism||+ 0.75 D Cyl (within + 2.0 D maximum)|
|Maddox Rod Test at 6 meters||Exo-6 prism D
Eso-6 prism D
Hyper-1 prism D
Hypro-1 prism D
|Maddox Rod Test at 33 cms||Exo-16 prism D
Eso-6 prism D
Hyper-1 prism D
Hypo-1 prism D
- Fill in the essential information to register for the exam.
- Choosing your favorite branches
- Checking the specifics
- Registration ID generation
- Choosing an exam location
- Payment of the application fee
- Signature and photograph to be uploaded
As we all know entering the defense forces is tough and needs lots of effort, dedication, courage, and a positive attitude. Also, it's a prestigious and respective job with several perks and benefits. Serving your country with all your dedication needs a lot of sacrifices as well. Hence, it is compulsory to match all the eligibility criteria mentioned above to clear NDA after 12th. Well said by General J.J. Singh: “We fight to win and win with a knockout because there is no runner up in wars”.
How to prepare for Government Jobs?If you want to prepare for Government Jobs then you can get an expert’s guidance with the help of Safalta’s Free Courses: Subscribe Now. Safalta will guide you to prepare for exams like SSC GD, NDA & NA, UP Lekhpal, SSC MTS, etc. Moreover, the aspirants can check E-Books, Mock-Tests, and Current Affairs for free.
|If you want to get details about the other Indian government job salaries, you can visit these articles by Safalta|
|IAS Officer Salary 2022||NDA Salary 2022||SSC CGL Salary 2022||
Delhi Police Constable Salary
|UP Lekhpal Salary 2021||Uttar Pradesh Primary Teacher Salary 2022||UP Police Constable Salary 2021||Bihar Police SI Salary 2021|