Current Affairs Ebook Free PDF: Download Here
Attempt Free Mock Tests- Click Here
History of Project Tiger
Goals of Project Tiger
- To determine the causes of the decline in tiger habitats
- To reduce the number of tigers through effective management techniques.
- To improve the state of natural ecosystems that have been harmed through time.
- To preserve an adequate tiger population in light of the animals' economic, ecological, and cultural importance.
Conservation Units under Project Tiger
Source: Safalta.comThe Conservation Units in India are shown in the list below.
- Conservation Units in the Eastern Ghats
- Conservation Units in the Western Ghats
- Conservation Units in Central India
- Conservation Units in the North-East
- Units for Sariska Conservation
- Conservation Units in Kaziranga
- Conservation Units in the Shivalik Terai
- Units for Sunderbans Conservation
Project Tiger's Primary Buffering Approach
- In order to regulate tiger density effectively, tiger reserves are created using a "core-buffer" concept.
- The core area of the reserve is a specific section of land that has been designated and signposted as such.
- The central areas have the legal status of a national park or wildlife sanctuary and are devoid of any human activity.
- The designated "buffer" areas surround the main areas.
- Wildlife does not regularly use these places.
- In buffer zones, specific human activity is allowed.
- The buffer zones serve two main functions: first, they provide additional habitat for wild animals from core areas, and second, they provide a source of income for the nearby villages.
Project Tiger: 10 of India's first Tiger Reserves
|Tiger Reserve||State||Year of Establishment|
|Corbett Tiger Reserve||Uttarakhand||1973|
|Bandipur Tiger Reserve||Karnataka||1973|
|Kanha Tiger Reserve||Madhya Pradesh||1973|
|Manas Tiger Reserve||Assam||1973|
|Sunderbans Tiger Reserve||West Bengal||1973|
|Melghat Tiger Reserve||Maharashtra||1973|
|Ranthambore Tiger Reserve||Rajasthan||1973|
|Palamau Tiger Reserve||Jharkhand||1973|
|Similipal Tiger Reserve||Odisha||1973|
|Periyar Tiger Reserve||Kerela||1978|
How to prepare for Government Jobs?
|If you want to get details about the other Indian government job salaries, you can visit these articles by Safalta|
|Indian Army Clerk Salary 2022||NDA Salary 2022||SSC CGL Salary 2022||
Delhi Police Constable Salary
|UP Lekhpal Salary 2021||Uttar Pradesh Primary Teacher Salary 2022||UP Police Constable Salary 2021||Bihar Police SI Salary 2021|