Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
Recommended: Study for your Exams with Safalta School online. We provide Preparation materials for Classes 9-12 that can boost your preparations.
Table of Content
|NCERT Syllabus for Class 9 Science 2022-2023|
|NCERT Syllabus for Class 9 Science 2022-2023: Unit and Chapter wise syllabus|
|NCERT Syllabus for Class 9 Science 2022-2023: PDF Download|
|NCERT Books for Class 9 Science|
|Preparation Tips for Class 9 Science|
Read this complete blog to get all the essential information about the Class 9 Science Syllabus.
|Materials||Unit I: Matter-Nature and Behaviour||Definition of matter; solid, liquid and gas; characteristics - shape, volume, density; change of state melting (absorption of heat), freezing, evaporation (cooling by evaporation), condensation, sublimation|
|Nature of matter||Elements, compounds and mixtures. Heterogeneous and homogenous mixtures, colloids and suspensions. Physical and chemical changes (excluding separating the components of a mixture)|
|Particle nature and their basic units||Atoms and molecules, Law of Chemical Combination, Chemical formula of common compounds, Atomic and molecular masses|
|Structure of atoms||Electrons, protons and neutrons, Valency, Atomic Number and Mass Number, Isotopes and Isobars|
|The World of the Living||Unit II: Organization in the Living World||Cell - Basic Unit of life||Cell as a basic unit of life; prokaryotic and eukaryotic cells, multicellular organisms; cell membrane and cell wall, cell organelles and cell inclusions; chloroplast, mitochondria, vacuoles, endoplasmic reticulum, Golgi apparatus; nucleus, chromosomes - basic structure, number|
|Tissues, Organs, Organ System, Organism||Structure and functions of animal and plant tissues (only four types of tissues in animals; Meristematic and Permanent tissues in plants)|
|Moving Things, People and Ideas||Unit III: Motion, Force and Work||Motion||Distance and displacement, velocity; uniform and non-uniform motion along a straight line; acceleration, distance-time and velocity-time graphs for uniform motion and uniformly accelerated motion, elementary idea of uniform circular motion|
|Force and Newton’s laws||Force and Motion, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Action and Reaction forces, Inertia of a body, Inertia and mass, Momentum, Force and Acceleration|
|Gravitation||Gravitation; Universal Law of Gravitation, Force of Gravitation of the earth (gravity), Acceleration due to Gravity; Mass and Weight; Free fall|
|Floatation||Thrust and Pressure. Archimedes’ Principle; Buoyancy|
|Work, Energy and Power||Work done by a Force, Energy, power; Kinetic and Potential energy; Law of conservation of energy (excluding commercial unit of Energy)|
|Sound||Nature of sound and its propagation in various media, speed of sound, range of hearing in humans; ultrasound; reflection of sound; echo|
|Food||Food Production||Plant and animal breeding and selection for quality improvement and management; Use of fertilizers and manures; Protection from pests and diseases; Organic farming|
NCERT Syllabus for Class 9 Maths
NCERT Syllabus for Class English
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12
NCERT Syllabus for Class 11
NCERT Syllabus for Class 10
NCERT Syllabus for Class 9
- The NCERT books are considered the best study materials for school-going students. Moreover, they are also very helpful in preparing for scholarships, entrance, and competitive exams.
- NCERT books for Class 9 Science have all the important topics, subtopics, and concepts required for the curriculum.
- These books give simple but comprehensive information about the topics.
- Relevant diagrams are present in the NCERT books that assist in better learning and understanding of the concepts.
- NCERT books are framed by subject matter experts. This makes them reliable study materials.
- Take an overview of the NCERT Syllabus for Class 9 Science and draft a timetable for all three subjects, including Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Allot equal time to all subjects as all three are very important.
- Try to understand the concepts instead of mugging up the things.
- Practice numerical questions for physics
- Practice previous years' question papers so that you get to know what are your strong concepts and the ones you need to work on.
- Make and practice diagrams for Biology subject. Diagrams will help you understand better. Also, they can bring you more marks.
Source: safalta.comYou can refer to the information given above to learn and understand the NCERT Syllabus for Class 9 Science.