Kirron Kher is afflicted with Multiple Myeloma, a type of blood cancer. Anupam Kher, the actress's husband, made an official announcement about her illness via his official social media handle.
He wrote, "Just so that rumors don't get the better of a situation Sikandar and I would like to inform everyone that Kirron has been diagnosed with multiple myeloma, a type of blood cancer. She is currently undergoing treatment and we are sure she will come out of this stronger than before. We are very blessed that she is being looked after by a phenomenal set of doctors. She's always been a fighter and takes things head-on. She's all heart and that's why she has so many people that love her. So keep sending your love to her in your prayers and your heart. She is well on her way to recovery and we thank everyone for their support and love. Anupam and Sikander."
What is Multiple Myeloma and How Does It Affect?
Multiple myeloma is a hematologic condition that worsens over time. It's cancer that affects plasma cells, which are blood cells located in the bone marrow. As cells grow without restriction, they crowd out normal cells, causing the body to malfunction. The immune system, bones, red blood cells, and other organs are all affected by this disease. Cancerous plasma cells clump together in the bone marrow and contain irregular proteins, causing problems.
What are the signs and symptoms of myeloma?
There may be no symptoms at all when the disease is in its early stages. However, the following are some of the disease's visible symptoms:
- Bone pain, particularly in the spine and chest
- Appetite loss.
- stomach ache
- Constipation is a common complaint among people.
- Loss of weight
- Weakness and exhaustion
- Infection regularly
- Extreme thirst
- Arms and legs numbness or weakness
- Multiple Myeloma Diagnosis
Doctors prescribe diagnostic tests based on several factors, including:
- Health test findings from the past
- Patient's age and general health Symptoms
- Form of cancer suspected
- Multiple Myeloma Tests
The following are some of the measures used to diagnose multiple myeloma:
- Checks of the blood and urine
- MRI with X-rays Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) is a form of imaging that
- CAT or CT scan CT (computed tomography) is a method of imaging that uses a
- PET is an acronym for "Personal PET-CT scan (positron emission tomography)
- Aspiration and biopsy of the bone marrow
- Aspirate the fat pad
Multiple Myeloma Causes
Although the exact cause of myeloma is unknown. However, as dysfunctional cells grow quickly, they accumulate and crowd out healthy blood cells, resulting in disease. Myeloma cells contain abnormal antibodies (monoclonal protein or M proteins), which cause problems such as kidney and bone damage.
Complications in Multiple Myeloma Patients
- Infections that occur frequently
- Problems with the bones
- Insufficiency of the kidneys
- Anemia, for example
Multiple Myeloma Risk Factors
- Many chances if you're over 60 years old.
- In black people, the race is a normal phenomenon.
- Radiation exposure
- Personal background
- Males are more likely to evolve than females.
- Obesity or being overweight
- Communication with rubber-making chemicals, herbicides, and other chemicals
Multiple Myeloma Therapy