A new and helpful initiative by Safalta Experts: From now, students will get help with difficult words so that they don’t have to hunt different platforms as it can waste their time. You will get 5 daily terms. We have curated their meanings, synonym, and antonym for your better understanding.
Not only in bank exams, but also in the development of one's personality, vocabulary is crucial. To solve problems on reading comprehension, cloze tests, word pair combinations, and other topics, one must have a strong command of the vocabulary section. It is critical to memorize as many terms as possible in order to achieve good grades. Today, we'll go over the 5 vocabulary-building words for effectively learning vocabulary.
If you're studying for a banking or insurance exam, you should read this article because it will help you improve your learning skills. Learn how to boost your vocabulary in preparation for forthcoming bank and insurance tests.
Keeping all these things in mind, Safalta Experts have started a new initiative of listing 5 words each day with their meaning on our portal so that student’s vocabulary skills can get a boost
5 Visual Vocabulary Terms
Vocabulary Terms for 12th June 2021 are as follows:
Meaning: a flattering or pleasing statement or action used as a means of gently persuading someone to do something.
Antonym: hot air
Meaning: find a way around
Antonym: reduce, subjugate
Meaning: a lament for the dead, especially one forming part of a funeral rite.
Synonym: monody, elegy
Antonym: jubilate, anthem
Meaning: skilled at gaining an advantage, especially deceitfully.
Synonym: cunning, clever
Meaning: a wooden crosspiece that is fastened over the necks of two animals and attached to the plough or cart that they are to pull.
Synonym: harness, hitch
Meaning: cease to resist an opponent or an unwelcome demand
Synonym: surrender, yield
Antonym: resist, hold out
Meaning: a ruler or other person who holds absolute power
Synonym: dictator, autocrat
Meaning: typically a lament for the dead
Meaning: lacking originality or freshness; dull on account of overuse
Synonym: common, stale
Antonym: original, fresh
Meaning: speak or write about in an abusively disparaging manner
Synonym: insult, attack
Meaning: showing or feeling no interest, enthusiasm, or concern.
Synonym: uninterested, unresponsive
Antonym: passionate, eager
Meaning: deprived of or lacking (something).
Synonym: wanting, in need of
Antonym: deprived, denied
Meaning: destroy or debase the moral purity of; corrupt.
Synonym: pervert, debase
Meaning: convenient and practical although possibly improper or immoral.
Synonym: gainful, convenient
Meaning: represent (something, especially something undesirable) as being done or possessed by someone
Synonym: attribute, accredit
- Meaning: having a frightening, overawing, or threatening effect.
- Synonym: frighten, scare, threaten
- Antonym: encourage, animate, reassure
- Meaning: extent of something perceived as bad or morally wrong.
- Synonym: wickedness, depravity
- Antonym: goodness
- Meaning: using or characterized by irony.
- Synonym: sarcastic, sharp, bitter
- Antonym: sincere
- Meaning: not embarrassed, disconcerted, or ashamed.
- Synonym: shameless, confident
- Antonym: abashed, ashamed
- Meaning: showing a fondness for causing trouble in a playful way.
- Synonym: naughty, bad, misbehaving
- Antonym: harmless, well-behaved
Why Learning Vocabulary is essential?
The importance of vocabulary development cannot be overstated because comprehension is the ultimate goal of reading. Listening, speaking, reading, and writing are all improved when you have a large vocabulary.
For the following reasons, a child's vocabulary is crucial to his or her success:
- Vocabulary development is linked to academic success.
- In kindergarten, a child's vocabulary size predicts his or her ability to learn to read.
- Children's vocabulary aids their ability to think and learn about the world.
- Expanding a child's vocabulary gives them unrestricted access to new information.