Scope of Digital Marketing in India: Marketing techniques and strategies have evolved over the years. With the coming of the internet and technology, digital marketing has replaced other traditional forms of marketing. Digital marketing allows companies to reach a wide audience online and increase their user base and gain more revenues. Because most consumers use smartphones and research products online before buying, digital marketing strategies are crucial to businesses. Indian companies and firms have also resorted to digital marketing to acrrue its benefits. If you are looking forward to making a career in digital marketing and are wondering what its future scope will be like, then you have reached the right page.
Source: Safalta.comHere we have explained everything about scope of digital marketing in India.
Grow your career in digital marketing: Click here to enrol now
Table Of Content
In 2020 and 2021, the breadth of digital marketing has expanded dramatically. Despite the epidemic striking us for two years in a row, the growth has been nothing short of phenomenal. There is a significant shift in the trend patterns across the industry with new advancements and variants like Omicron and Delta, but digital marketing remains dominant. Furthermore, it is expected to increase much more in 2023. The quantity of individuals reached by marketing tactics is the first thing that comes to mind when we think of important indicators of marketing success. The internet's adoption rate has surpassed all expectations. Looking at India boasts the world's second-largest number of internet users.
By 2023, India's active internet users will total almost 666 million, with a global total of over 5.3 billion. As a result, a bigger percentage of people are moving online, and it makes perfect sense to begin promoting online. We witnessed a rise in data consumption as a result of so many people being online. In 2016, the typical user consumed 500MB to 1GB of monthly data, however in December 2020, the average user is expected to consume over 13.5GB of monthly 4G data. This number increased by 20% in 2021 as more people began to subscribe to various platforms for video consumption as well as other Internet-based dependence.
Another key consequence of Covid-19 has been the phenomenal expansion of OTT platforms, which has resulted in one of the world's fastest-growing markets and consequently the scope of digital marketing. In the last 365 days, the shutdown increased content consumption on OTT platforms from 181 billion minutes to about 204 billion minutes! Furthermore, the monthly search volume for 'digital marketing courses' was nearly 60,500 in May 2019, with a phenomenal growth rate of 49.5 per cent, implying 90,500 searches in May 2020, precisely when the pandemic was at its peak. Even as you read this blog, the number of searches continues to rise!
And as of today in 2023, the search volume for the same term stands strong at 1,35,000 per month! That’s another 49% of the jump rate. This shows that people are realizing the importance of digital marketing and are showing interest in pursuing a career or knowledge in this field and hence, the wide scope of digital marketing comes into the picture. As reported by Dentsu Aegis Network, the total advertising industry of India in 2019 was valued at INR 68,475 crores and it was calculated to be INR 75,952 crores by the end of 2020. That’s a massive 10.9% growth rate. This goes on to showcase that even during the pandemic, there was an increase in the amount of money that was channelled into advertising, especially digital channels.
Companies are giving so much importance to digital marketing that some of the biggest ones are restructuring their marketing budget to shift their focus to digital. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, businesses are relying on digital marketing now more than ever.
According to Global Data, the growth of the Indian e-commerce market is pushing to ₹9 trillion by 2023 ends.
With every consumer locked down in their homes, all traditional marketing efforts are out of the question.
Businesses that didn’t even have a social media page will now have to speed up their digital transformation and design a digital strategy to communicate with their audiences.
Thus, to conclude all the growth statistics that we saw above in different digital channels strongly suggest that the growth of digital marketing is on an upward trend and has been positively impacted even after the covid-19 pandemic hit the world.
Continue Reading about Digital Marketing-
- 4 Digital Marketing Strategies
- Digital Marketing Channels To Adopt
- Top Skills Required To Become A Digital Marketing Expert
- Top Digital Marketing Online Courses
As previously stated, the scope of digital marketing has been phenomenal, and the data indicate that this trend will continue in the future.
Simply put, digital marketing's future appears to be bright and safe.
As more chances arise, being creative, original, and up-to-date on the current trends will become the guiding concept for every digital marketer.
The exponential growth that we have seen on the Internet in recent years, particularly after covid, is here to stay.
People are adjusting to the new normal and are now extremely comfortable doing things online, whether it's shopping, ordering food, or purchasing medications.
Hence, to cater to these new-formed demands of consumers, digital marketing is extremely essential.
In addition to this, an important aspect to consider is the future generation will be a part of the already digital world and will be accustomed to everything being online. So to be able to deliver to these future consumers, companies must make digital marketing efforts starting today.
An important takeaway from all this is that the future of careers in digital marketing/scope of digital marketing is very promising and if you have an inclination towards digital marketing, now is the time to grab this opportunity to your advantage.
You might also like-
- Top Digital Marketing Jargons You Must Know
- Top 10 Digital Marketing Trends
- Top Digital Marketing Interview Questions-Guide
- Digital Marketing Salary in India : Check The Complete Guide
Companies are looking for digital marketing specialists and experts as the popularity of digital marketing grows.
Despite the fact that we have begun to live with and adjust to the epidemic, the job market will increasingly place a premium on digital and technological skills since they allow people to work remotely.
As a result, businesses are looking for personnel who can manage digital marketing positions.
As a result, it is strongly advised that you begin acquiring digital marketing skills and preparing for a job in the field.
Another advantage of getting into this area is that if you're a good digital marketer, you'll be able to get high-paying jobs at top organisations.
The digital marketing career scope in the Indian internet industry alone is going to be worth $160 billion by 2025, according to a Goldman Sachs report, which is three times its current value. Thus, the number multiplies at least by 3x when it’s considered on a global scale. Many companies are shifting their focus from traditional marketing to digital marketing. In terms of the job scope of digital marketing, the kind of jobs that are available in the digital marketing sector, one of the biggest jobs includes Social Media Marketing. Facebook now has 320 million active users in India — a million more than it does in the U.S. — making India the country with its largest user base. Social Media Marketers not only take care of digital ads which we see on social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram but the organic posts on these social media sites as well.
Companies also hire people for jobs like Email Marketers, Bloggers, and E-commerce Experts, Marketing Automation all of which fall under the umbrella of Digital Marketing. Now that we’ve seen the growth of digital marketing over the years and what the future holds, the career scope of digital marketing and the kind of job opportunities it has to offer, a career in digital marketing is definitely a good choice.
Also, Read | 10 Must-Have Digital Marketing Tools
Mobile apps are the way of the future in digital marketing.
This year, mobile devices will connect 30% of the world's population to the internet.
As a result, it's only natural that this technology is now more than ever utilised in marketing plans.
Before hiring a digital marketing agency, it’s important to first assess your company’s needs. Do you need help with overhauling your content, implementing some SEO changes, or redesigning the UX for your website? Then you’ll want to evaluate your company’s own marketing skills, strengths, and capabilities to determine whether an agency and what type, can benefit your business. Do you already have an in-house team that needs some help or is all of your marketing outsourced? Once you've asked these questions, you’ll have a better idea as to whether or not working with an agency is the right choice. You’ll also know what kinds of digital marketing services your business needs.
We hope you found this blog helpful in understanding the scope of digital marketing in India.
Does digital marketing have scope?
The future of digital marketing looks alike:
Do not get stressed, as there are many lookalikes with ongoing content to reachable content, but you know what the difference is between 2022 and infinity with digital marketing as a career or as an entrepreneur. Here’s a way to look at it:
- Marketers want to target and reach a larger and larger audience, or consumers, to reach out more effectively. This will be accomplished through real-time analysis, regular content creation, and practice in analysing all of the ups and downs that will lead to smaller segments of consumers acquiring revenue-generating products through consumers.
- Businesses are investing heavily in virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) in order to increase brand awareness and client demand.
- For better understanding and retention of your content, more interactive content is required, which can be generated through surveys, polls, and asking questions to your users about how your product or any emotion-related talking points will automatically increase your brand's visibility.
What is a digital marketing course?
- A Digital Marketing course is a cumulative career course where you are focussed to introduce your inbuilt skill of creativity and intellectual ability. This digital marketing course is a skill-oriented program that teaches students about the various techniques and strategies used for promoting products or services through digital channels.
- The digital marketing course provides full knowledge on how to work with channels that include the internet, mobile devices, social media, search engines, and emails.
- The digital marketing course cover topics such as search engine optimisation (SEO), pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, content marketing, social media marketing, email marketing, and analytics with placement assistance which is a magic bonus for you.
What is the goal of the digital marketing course?
How to do a digital marketing course?
- Digital Marketing Online Course: Safalta is providing a digital marketing course online via live interactive classes with 100% recorded backup that mentors you to practice on 45+ live projects and case studies.
- Webinars: Safalta offers webinars in digital marketing.
- boot camp: The digital marketing boot camps are intensive, that is providing on-the-job training and a comprehensive overview of the field.
- E-books and tutorials: There are many e-books and tutorials available on this digital marketing course that can be read and studied at your own pace.
- Enrol In this digital marketing course by clicking on Apply Now.