Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
Recommended: Study for your Exams with Safalta School online. We provide Preparation materials for Classes 9-12 that can boost your preparations.
Table of Content
|NCERT Syllabus for Class 6 Maths 2022-2023|
|NCERT Syllabus for Class 6 Maths: Unit-wise Details|
|NCERT Syllabus for Class 6 Maths 2022-2023: PDF Download|
|Benefits of NCERT Syllabus for 6 Maths|
There are 14 chapters in the Class 6 Maths syllabus. These are mentioned below in the blog.
|Chapter Number||Chapter Name|
|Chapter 1||Knowing Our Numbers|
|Chapter 2||Whole Numbers|
|Chapter 3||Playing With Numbers|
|Chapter 4||Basic Geometrical Ideas|
|Chapter 5||Understanding Elementary Shapes|
|Chapter 9||Data Handling|
|Chapter 12||Ratio And Proportion|
|Chapter 14||Practical Geometry|
Unit-1 Number System
Chapter 1: Knowing our Numbers
Chapter 2: Playing with Numbers
Chapter 3: Whole numbers
Chapter 4. Negative Numbers and Integers
Chapter 5. Fractions
Chapter 1. Introduction to Algebra
- Introduction to variable
- Introduction to unknowns through examples with simple contexts.
- Concept of ratio
- Unitary method
- Proportion as equality of two ratios
- Word problems
Chapter 1. Basic geometrical ideas
- Introduction to geometry
- Open and closed figures
- Curvilinear and linear boundaries
- Line, line segment, ray.
- Interior and exterior of closed figures
- Measure of Line segment
- Measure of angles
- Pair of lines – Intersecting and perpendicular lines, Parallel lines
- Types of angles- right, acute, reflex, zero, obtuse, straight and complete angle
- Classification of triangles
- Types of quadrilaterals
- Simple polygons
- Identification of 3-D shapes: cylinder, cubes, prism, pyramid, cuboids, cone, sphere
- Elements of 3-D figures
- Nets for cube, cuboids, cylinders, cones and tetrahedrons.
Chapter 4. Constructions (using straight edge scale, protractor, compasses)
- Drawing of a line segment
- Construction of circle
- Perpendicular bisector
- Construction of angles (using a protractor)
- Angle 60°, 120° (Using compasses)
- Angle bisector (using compasses)
- Angle equal to a given angle (using a compass)
Chapter 1. Concept of Perimeter and Introduction to Area
- Introduction to perimeter
- General understanding of perimeter
- Shapes of different kinds with the same perimeter
- Concept of area
- Area of a rectangle and a square.
- Perimeter of a rectangle
- What is data?
- Collection and organisation of data
- Making bar graphs.
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12
NCERT Syllabus for Class 11
NCERT Syllabus for Class 10
NCERT Syllabus for Class 9
NCERT Syllabus for Class 8
NCERT Syllabus for Class 7
- The curriculum explains the course structure and content.
- The syllabus describes the chapters and topics that are to be covered during the academic session.
- Knowing the curriculum can help students plan their studies and work on their weak sections.
- The syllabus helps comprehend the marks distribution and question paper design.
Source: safalta.comCandidates can refer to the information given above for NCERT Syllabus for Class 6 Maths.