State Bank of India has released the official notification for SBI Clerk Exam 2021 and announced a total of 5454 vacancies. For candidates wishing to appear for SBI Clerk 2021, knowing the salary details and job profile is very important in terms of career prospects. Bank jobs are one of the most sought after jobs in India today. SBI Clerk/ Junior Associate enjoys various types of benefits which we have described in this article.
SBI Clerk Notification 2021
SBI Clerk Salary 2021
The starting Basic Pay of SBI Clerk is Rs. 19900 - (Rs. 17900 plus two advance increments admissible to graduates). The in-hand salary ranges between Rs. 20000-Rs.23000. The pay scale for SBI Clerk is as follows:
The increments in the salary are added in the following manner:
|First Three Years
|Next Three Years
|Next Four Years
|Next Seven Years
|Next One Year
|Next One Year
|Next One Year
SBI Clerk Salary 2021: Emoluments: Perks and Allowances
The total starting emoluments of a Clerical Cadre employee payable at Metro like Mumbai will be around Rs.29,000/- per month inclusive of D.A., other allowances at the current rate and two additional increments for newly recruited graduate junior associates.
SBI Clerk Allowances
The list of allowances that SBI Clerk receives are as follows:
- Dearness Allowance
- House Rent Allowance
- Trasnport Allowance
- Special Allowance
- City Allowance
- Medical Allowance
- Newspaper Allowance
- Furniture Allowance
Allowances may vary depending upon the place of posting. They will be eligible for reimbursement of various perquisites, provident fund, Pension under New Pension scheme (Defined Contribution Benefit), Medical, Leave-Fare and other facilities, as per instructions of the Bank as may be issued from time to time.
SBI Clerk Perks
The job of SBI Clerk includes perks such as job security, financial stability, provident fund, pension, medical leave etc. Besides, it is also a reputed job because of the opportunity it gives to work with a Central Bank. There are also promotions that are included with recruitment.
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern 2021
SBI Clerk 2021 Job Profile
SBI Clerk is a good starting point for candidates who want to make a career in the Banking sector. After a few years, with promotions, candidates can also reach upto the post of General Manager. It has immense scope for growth. The daily responsibilities of a SBI Clerk are as follows:
- Single window operator: Day to day bank functions such as opening accounts, amount transfers through cheque/ NEFT/ RTGS; Issuance of Demand Drafts(DD), Cheque clearance, Cheque book requests, receiving inward emails.
- Head Cashier: Handling of cash and cheques and all the related functions.
- SBI Clerks may also have to work as special assistants.
- Addressing customer concerns.
SBI Clerk 2021 Job Profile: Promotions
There are two modes through which a SBI Clerk can get promotions which are as follows:
- In-cadre promotion
- Promotion to Office cadre
This is time-bound promotion whose features are as follows:
- A special allowance of Rs 1800 is provided along with the total salary. After 10 years of service, the assistant becomes a Senior Assistant. (This Allowance is not considered for calculation of basic pay).
- An assistant will become the Special Assistant after twenty years of service. This post carries a special allowance of Rs 2500/- (This is considered for calculation of basic pay).
- An assistant will become Senior Special Assistant after thirty years of service. This post carries a special allowance of Rs 3500/- (This is considered for calculation of basic pay).
Promotion to Office Cadre
- Candidates can become Trainee Officer after three years of service. This requires qualification of the JAIIB and CAIIB Examinations from the Indian Institute of Banking and Finance (IIBF) apart from clearing the internal written examination and personal interview. After clearing these exams, there is a probation period of two years. After probation period, based on an interview, candidates are either absorbed in the Middle Management Grade (Scale – II) or sent back to Clerical Cadre.
- An assistant can become Scale – I Officer also in the Junior Management Grade when he/ she has completed six years of service in fast track channel or twelve years of service in normal track channel. For faster promotions, JAIIB and CAIIB qualification is also important and should also clear the written test along with the personal interview.
SBI Clerk Cut-Off 2021: Check Previous Year Cut-Offs