SBI Clerk Notification 2021
State Bank of India conducts SBI Clerk Exam to recruit eligible and interested candidates to the post of Clerk. Candidates who are aspiring to appear for SBI Clerk Exam should ensure that they know all the details about SBI Clerk Recruitment such as eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus and so on. Candidates should also esnure that they know about SBI Clerk salary and job profile to understand the nature of the profession better. SBI Clerk in-hand salary is Rs. 20000-Rs.23000. SBI Clerks also receive various allowances and benefits which further adds to the lucrative nature of the post. Read this article to know all about SBI Clerk salary and other details. If you are preparing for competitive exams and are looking for expert guidance, you can check out our monthly FREE Current Affairs Ebook- Download Now
October Month Current Affairs Free Ebook: Download Here
Table of Contents
SBI Clerk Salary 2021
SBI Clerk Salary Structure
SBI Clerk Salary: Emoluments, Perks and Allowances
SBI Clerk Job Profile
SBI Clerk Career Growth
SBI Clerk Salary FAQs
The starting Basic Pay of SBI Clerk is Rs. 19900 - (Rs. 17900 plus two advance increments admissible to graduates). The in-hand salary ranges between Rs. 20000-Rs.23000. The pay scale for SBI Clerk is as follows:
|First Three Years
|Next Three Years
|Next Four Years
|Next Seven Years
|Next One Year
|Next One Year
|Next One Year
The total starting emoluments of a Clerical Cadre employee payable at Metro like Mumbai will be around Rs.29,000/- per month inclusive of D.A., other allowances at the current rate and two additional increments for newly recruited graduate junior associates.
SBI Clerk Allowances
The list of allowances that SBI Clerk receives are as follows:
- Dearness Allowance
- House Rent Allowance
- Trasnport Allowance
- Special Allowance
- City Allowance
- Medical Allowance
- Newspaper Allowance
- Furniture Allowance
Allowances may vary depending upon the place of posting. They will be eligible for reimbursement of various perquisites, provident fund, Pension under New Pension scheme (Defined Contribution Benefit), Medical, Leave-Fare and other facilities, as per instructions of the Bank as may be issued from time to time.
SBI Clerk Perks
The job of SBI Clerk includes perks such as job security, financial stability, provident fund, pension, medical leave etc. Besides, it is also a reputed job because of the opportunity it gives to work with a Central Bank. There are also promotions that are included with recruitment.
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern 2021
SBI Clerk is a good starting point for candidates who want to make a career in the Banking sector. After a few years, with promotions, candidates can also reach upto the post of General Manager. It has immense scope for growth. The daily responsibilities of a SBI Clerk are as follows:
- Single window operator: Day to day bank functions such as opening accounts, amount transfers through cheque/ NEFT/ RTGS; Issuance of Demand Drafts(DD), Cheque clearance, Cheque book requests, receiving inward emails.
- Head Cashier: Handling of cash and cheques and all the related functions.
- SBI Clerks may also have to work as special assistants.
- Addressing customer concerns.
There are two modes through which a SBI Clerk can get promotions which are as follows:
- In-cadre promotion
- Promotion to Office cadre
This is time-bound promotion whose features are as follows:
- A special allowance of Rs 1800 is provided along with the total salary. After 10 years of service, the assistant becomes a Senior Assistant. (This Allowance is not considered for calculation of basic pay).
- An assistant will become the Special Assistant after twenty years of service. This post carries a special allowance of Rs 2500/- (This is considered for calculation of basic pay).
- An assistant will become Senior Special Assistant after thirty years of service. This post carries a special allowance of Rs 3500/- (This is considered for calculation of basic pay).
Promotion to Office Cadre
- Candidates can become Trainee Officer after three years of service. This requires qualification of the JAIIB and CAIIB Examinations from the Indian Institute of Banking and Finance (IIBF) apart from clearing the internal written examination and personal interview. After clearing these exams, there is a probation period of two years. After probation period, based on an interview, candidates are either absorbed in the Middle Management Grade (Scale – II) or sent back to Clerical Cadre.
- An assistant can become Scale – I Officer also in the Junior Management Grade when he/ she has completed six years of service in fast track channel or twelve years of service in normal track channel. For faster promotions, JAIIB and CAIIB qualification is also important and should also clear the written test along with the personal interview.
SBI Clerk Cut-Off 2021: Check Previous Year Cut-Offs
Q. What is the basic pay of SBI Clerk?
A. SBI Clerk basic pay is Rs. 1990.
Q. What is SBI Clerk payscale?
A. SBI Clerk payscale is Rs.17900-1000/3-20900-1230/3-24590-1490/4-30550- 1730/7-42600-3270/1-45930-1990/1-47920.
Q. What is SBI Clerk in-hand salary?
A. SBI Clerk in-hand salary is Rs. 20000-Rs.23000.
Q. What are the various allowances that SBI Clerk is eligible to receive?
A. SBI Clerk is eligible to receive various allowances such as Dearness Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Trasnport Allowance, Special Allowance, City Allowance, Medical Allowance, Newspaper Allowance, Furniture Allowance.