Download here the Best Material for SSC GD Exam- SSC GD E-Books
Table Of Content
How To Prepare For SSC GD Exam
Subject Wise Preparation For SSC GD
How To Prepare For SSC GD Exam
The SSC GD exam is entry level examination to the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs) for candidates who want to start a uniform job in early life. The candidates will work directly under the Home Mistry and ensure the internal security of nations.
Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
Source: safalta.comThe SSC GD Exam is held for following forces:
- Assam Rifles
|SSC GD- Salary||SSC GD Exam Pattern|
|SSC GD Cut Off||SSC GD PET/PST Admit Card|
Know The Syllabus And Exam Pattern For SSC GDTo start with the SSC GD preparation, candidates should be first well-versed with the syllabus and pattern of the exam. SSC GD Constable is conducted in three stages – Computer-Based Test (CBT), Physical Efficiency Test (PET)/Physical Standard Test (PST) and Detailed Medical Exam (DME). The detailed exam pattern for the examination is :
SC GD Exam Pattern
As per the SSC GD Constable Exam pattern, the Tier 1 exam.
• The exam is held in form of sections with 80 questions in total.
• The Time duration for the SSC GD Constable Tier I exam is 60 minutes.
• This exam is conducted in – English and Hindi only.
• There is a 0.5 negative marking for every incorrect answer in the SSC GD online test.The marking scheme along with the detailed exam pattern is as follows:
|Total No. of Questions||No. Of Questions||Maximum Marks|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||20||40||1 hour|
|General Knowledge and General Awareness||20||40|
Know the detailed syllabus for the Examination - SSC GD Syllabus
Go Through Previous Year's PapersThe important step is to go through the previous year's questions. The previous questions by SSC are essential as it helps to:
- Understand the pattern of examination.
- Know the standard of examination.
- Know SSC's method of framing questions.
- Understand the important and recurring themes and questions.
Discipline and PracticePractice relevant topics as much as you can. You need to allocate maximum time to the areas in which you're weak and minimal time to the strong ones. Proper Practice will reduce your possibility of committing any errors and will increase your speed in solving the questions asked.
Know The Best Books For The ExamAn essential component of preparation is knowing the right material and staying focused on the most reliable material. Candidates who have prior knowledge of the best books for the SSC GD Exam will definitely have the edge over others. The candidates can check the detailed list of SSC GD Best Books here.
Set Your GoalsYou need to set your goals for each day of your preparation time . It'll help you keep yourself on track . Make sure that sufficient time is devoted towards preparation of each section . If you make a timetable and set goals for each day it'll help you keep a check on yourself so that you don't miss out of anything .
Read the newspaper daily and practice vocabulary and comprehension
Develop a habit of reading the newspaper daily. It'll help you to get a hold on current affairs. Awareness plays a key role if you want to ace the General Awareness Section. Reading is key as it'll also help you solve the General English Section with ease. Read as many comprehensive passages and relevant pieces of literature that you can to improve your English and Vocabulary and develop a faster reading habit .
|Sports Free E-Book||Environmental Studies Free E-Book|
|Indian Economy Free E-Book||Indian History Free E-Book|
Make notes, Avoid rote learningInstead of rote learning, aspirants should keep notes and prepare mind maps to remember facts and topics and to simultaneously revise them. Keep a notebook while you're reading the newspaper or studying to jot down important points for all four sections. Mugging up things may confuse you and at times create blunders plus it's not an effective strategy to pick on if you're someone who wants to hit it big. A smarter approach is what you require.
Be confident in yourself.Apart from all of these strategies, the most important tip is to not panic and be confident in yourself and the hard work that you’ve done . Remember one thing clearly “ There’s no shortcut to success except Hard work “ . Timely management of all these practices will definitely help you in cracking SSC GD exam .
To know more read here.
|SSC CHSL Eligibility||DRDO MTS Eligibility||SSC CGL Salary & Posts||SSC CGL (Tips & Techniques )|
SSC GD Subject Wise Preparation Tips
SSC GD Preparation Tips for General Intelligence & Reasoning
Check out some important SSC GD preparation tips for General Intelligence and Reasoning section of CBT paper:
- Some of the important topics to prepare for General Intelligence and Reasoning section include Analogies, Coding and Decoding, Number Series, Relationship Concepts, etc.
- Some of the important books to refer for preparation of this section include General Intelligence and Test of Reasoning by Vikas Experts, Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey and Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- Regular practice is the key to ace this section
SSC GD Preparation Tips for General Knowledge and General Awareness
Check out some important SSC GD preparation tips for General Knowledge and General Awareness section of CBT paper:
- Make a daily habit of reading newspapers to stay updated on the national and international events
- Study subjects such as History, Geography, General Polity and Indian Constitution to have a good grasp on general knowledge
- Make short notes on facts to revise on the last day of the exam
- Some of the important books to prepare for General Awareness section include General Knowledge by Lucent Publication, General Knowledge by Prabhat Prakashan and General Studies by Disha Experts
SSC GD Preparation Tips for Elementary Mathematics
Check out some important SSC GD preparation tips for Elementary Mathematics section of CBT paper:
- To ace Mathematics, it is extremely important to practice the subject daily
- Some of the important topics to prepare for this section include Profit and Loss, Discount, Ratio and Proportion, Simple and Compound Interest, Mensuration, Number Systems, etc.
- Some of the important to prepare for this section include Maths for SSC Constable Exam by Ram Singh Yadav and Yajvender Yadav
SSC GD Preparation Tips for English/Hindi Language
Check out some important SSC GD preparation tips for English/Hindi Language section of CBT paper:
- You should focus on improving your grammar and vocabulary to ace this section
- You should regularly read newspapers and use dictionary for the words you do not understand
- Important topics for this section include Synonyms and Antonyms, Idioms and Phrases, Reading Comprehension, Spot the Error, etc.
- Important books to prepare for this section include English Grammar Book by Wren & Martin, Objective General English by RS Aggarwal, General Hindi and Concise Grammar by Dr. Brij Kishore Prasad Singh and Adhunik Hindi Vyakaran Aur Rachna by Dr. Vashudevnandan Prasad
Is SSC GD exam tough?
What are the sections asked in SSC GD Syllabus?
What is the required qualification for SSC GD exam?
How is SSC GD Exam conducted?
What are the posts after SSC GD Exam?
- Border Security Force (BSF)
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
- Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
- National Investigation Agency (NIA)
- Secretariat Security Force (SSF)
- And recruitment for riflemen ( general duty ) will be for Assam Rifles.