Candidates chosen as SBI PO (Probationary Officer) must work for the most reputable nationalised bank and the central government. This can only be accomplished by a candidate's consistent dedication and perseverance. Candidates who pass all three rounds of the tests (preliminary, mains, and interview) are appointed as Probationary Officers in SBI.The candidates who get the opportunity to work as SBI PO have to perform a lot of work and the candidates who aspire to work with the bank can check out the roles and responsibilities on this page. In this article, we are going to explain in detail the roles, duties and career growth of SBI PO. Candidates chosen as SBI PO (Probationary Officer) must work for the most reputable nationalised bank and the central government. This can only be accomplished by a candidate's consistent dedication and perseverance.
Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
.All those who fulfill the SBI Clerk eligibility criteria can apply for the exam.
In addition, candidates should also know the important dates related to the exam. Read this article to know the SBI Clerk exam dates and other details. SBI Clerk FREE Study Material: Join Now.
September Month Current Affairs Magazine- DOWNLOAD NOW
Job Profile of SBI PO 2022
The candidates who join as an SBI PO have to perform the following roles and responsibilities while working with the bank;
- The candidates after getting selected as an SBI Probationary Officer have to work as a Public Relation Manager whose work is to handle the customer issues and address the situation.
- They have to take important decisions for the development of the bank and have to observe the clerical works.
- SBI PO has to verify all the works done by the clerks and issue Atm cards, cheque books, demand drafts etc to their customers.
- The Probationary Officer must be aware of all the latest developments of the bank.
- The job profile of SBI PO may be versatile as they may have to engage in clerical works too according to their needs, this helps them gain experience and learn new things.
- How to Score 180+ marks in SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam?
- SBI PO Exam Dates 2022 : Check here
- SBI PO Prelims and Mains Exam Syllabus 2022 : Quantitative and Aptitude
- How to prepare English for SBI PO, Best tips to crack the exam
SBI PO Career Growth and Promotions
SBI PO Promotional Policy
The candidates can check out the SBI PO Growth and promotions in the space below;
The candidates can either opt for internal promotions on the basis of seniority after discharging their duties as SBI PO.
The candidates can also appear for the JAIIB and CAIIB exams that are a kind of certification exams;
SBI PO Career Growth
SBI staff have the fastest promotions compared to other banks and one can even achieve the level of Chairman of the group. Mrs Arundhati Bhattacharya who started as a PO in SBI in 1977 ended up being the chairperson is the best suitable example for it. Carrier wise growth of SBI Probationary Officer are as follows:-
Probationary Officer (Assistant Manager, JMGS - I)
Deputy Manager (MMGS)
Chief Manager (MMGS)
Assistant General Manager (SMGS)
Deputy General Manager (TEGS)
Chief General Manager (TEGS)
General Manager (TEGS)
The promotion policy of SBI provides an opportunity for the meritorious and exceptionally brilliant officers to reach the Top Management Grade in a reasonably quick time.
|SBI PO Eligibility||SBI PO Cut Off|
|How Many Candidates Applied for SBI PO?||SBI PO Salary|
What is the SBI PO Job Profile?
The SBI PO Job Profile includes verify all the works done by the clerks and issue Atm cards, cheque books, demand drafts etc to their customers.
What is the promotion criteria for the SBI PO?
The promotion criteria for the SBI PO is given on the basis of the seniority or the departmental examination conducted.