Staff Selection Commission General Duty (SSC GD)
, is a national-level exam conducted by the Staff Selection Commission for recruiting candidates for the posts of Constable (General Duty) and Rifleman (General Duty) . The forces in which they ( constables ) shall be recruited for general duty are as follows:
• Border Security Force (BSF)
• Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
• Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
• Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
• Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
• National Investigation Agency (NIA)
• Secretariat Security Force (SSF)
And recruitment for rifleman ( general duty ) will be for Assam Rifles.
The selection for the same will be done in four stages :
1.Computer-Based Test (CBT)
- This is an online test and contains multiple choice and objective type questions which are to be completed within 90 minutes . The test will have four sections namely –
• General Intelligence and Reasoning-25 marks
• General Knowledge and General Awareness-25marks
• Elementary Mathematics-25 marks
• English/ Hindi-25 marks
2.Physical Efficiency Test(PET)
-This test will assess the physical fitness of the candidate on the basis of height parameters and he/ she will have to undergo PET (race) which shall be followed by biometric/ technology-aided identification test.
3. Physical Standard Test (PST)
-This test will evaluate the physical standard of the candidates on the basis of three factors –
• Height-For Males : 170 cms For Females : 157 cms.
• Chest-For male candidates only – Unexpanded : 80 cms. Expanded : Min expansion 5 cms.
• Weight-For males and Females : Proportionate to height and age as per medical standards.
4. Detailed Medical Examination(DME)
- All those candidates who pass the PET and PST will have to go through a detailed medical examination and they will be medically examined by the Medical Boards constituted by the CAPFs to assess their physical and medical fitness.
- The examination will be held in both Hindi and English
Some important points to ponder upon :
• There Will be a Negative Marking of 0.25 Marks in the SSC Constable GD Online Written Exam.
• The questions in all the components will be of Matriculation level.
• Candidates who will be declared unfit may file an appeal to the designated authority of the CAPFs within 15 days of being declared unfit by the medical board.
• Medical Test (X-Ray & laboratory) shall only be conducted for those candidates who are found fit after passing through all the level of the tests.
For more information candidates can visit the official website @www.ssc.nic.in
HOW TO PREPARE ?
Safalta has started an online batch for SSC GD for those students who are preparing for the entrance exams . The course will provide 180+ downloadable study material , classes of 2 hours daily (mon-sat),counselling session by expert facilities , strategy and techniques on how to solve the examination,a telegram group with regular updates ,weekly test , special question and answer sessions and many more .
Join our SSC GD Constable Batch click here
VISIT OUR TELEGRAM CHANNEL FOR MORE INFORMATION click here