Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
Source: Safalta.comEnglish section in IBPS PO exam consists of three sections i.e., Reading Skill Test, Grammar, and Vocabulary. Let’s check first the complete syllabus and the expected number of questions asked on this topic.If you are preparing for the IBPS PO then you can check out - Our Test Series Here.
Table of Contents
- IBPS PO English Preparation: Tips and Strategy
- IBPS PO English Preparation: Important Topic-wise Tips
- Best Books for IBPS PO English Preparation
- How to Prepare for Government Jobs?
1. Know The Exam Pattern and Syllabus:Before starting the preparation, it is important for any section that you should have complete knowledge of Exam Pattern and Syllabus. It will give you a complete idea about the section and the important topics asked in this section. Hence below is the exam pattern and syllabus for the English section of IBPS PO:
|Exam||Number of Questions||Marks||Time Allotted|
Click Here to Join- Download Now
The number of questions asked in the prelims and mains exam of IBPS PO is slightly different but the time allotted for the Mains is double of the time allotted for the prelim’s exam. This is because the difficulty level of the Mains is higher than the prelims. The prelims exam will test your speed but the mains exam will check your complete knowledge about the subject.
|Syllabus of English Section: IBPS PO|
|Topics||Number of Expected Questions|
|Fill in the blanks||0-5|
|Multiple meaning/error solving||0-5|
You may also read:
- IBPS PO Eligibility 2021:Check Age Limit, Educational Qualifications, And Other Details Here
- IBPS PO 2022 Preparation tips: Check Subject wise Tricks and Strategy
- How to Prepare Reasoning for IBPS PO 2022?
- IBPS PO Syllabus
Start reading various Fiction, Non-fictions, or novel on regular basis.
You can also learn several e-books present on the internet.
This will make your interest in the subject and you will enjoy the reading.
Reading is a great habit.
It can help you in many ways like it enhances your knowledge and imagination power as well.
You can be a better personality if you start your daily reading habits.
In the beginning, start reading for one or half an hour.
After that, you can increase it more as you start enjoying this experience.
2. Make Reading Habits in a Fun Way:
3. Start Reading Newspaper:Reading newspapers is an important part of the IBPS PO examination. It can help you to in current affairs, improve vocabulary and it can help you in English comprehension as well. So, start reading newspapers and especially focus on the Editorial section. For the competitive exams, The Hindu is the best choice while preparing. It has an advanced level of editorials which will definitely help you to score well in the English section.
4. Work on your Basic First:Buy a basic English grammar book and start reading all the basic rules. Also, you have to revise the previous chapter regularly so that you can learn the subject properly. Grammar will make your base strong in English and it can help in various topics asked in the IBPS PO exam like fill in the blank, cloze test, active-passive voice.
5. Make Strong Vocabulary:Vocabulary building is the most important thing we should do during the English section preparation. Many questions in this section can be solved easily if you have strong vocab. Hence, while you read the newspaper write 10 new words daily from it with its meaning. Also, learn and revise it regularly. Moreover, start using those words in your writing or conversations. Not anything else you have to do for a good vocab building.
|Current Affairs Ebook Free PDF: Download Here||General Knowledge Ebook Free PDF: Download Here|
1. Reading Comprehension:
- This topic can only be improved by your reading. As you start reading topics like polity, economy, philosophy, etc. it will improve your reading skills.
- While solving these sections always read the question first before going through the passage. This will help you to save time.
- Practice 2 reading comprehensions on daily basis. It will increase your reading speed.
- Solving the previous year's question paper will also help in reading comprehensions.
2. Cloze Test:
- At first, read the sentence and then substitute all the options in the question and check which is the correct one.
- It carries 5-7 marks and if you are using the right techniques then you can score easily.
- If you got stuck in any question then leave it because it will save your time for the next one.
3. Sentence Correction:
- First, try to get the basic idea of the given passage.
- Also, get the proper connection between the given sentences.
- In this section of a good knowledge of options, analysis helps to find out the possible answers.
- Finding the first sentence will help to give you a linear direction with respect to the given content.
4. Idioms, Word Meanings, and Phrasal Words:
- Always practice 10 questions from each of these topics every day.
- Good grammar knowledge will also help you a lot.
- If you have improved your vocab then it is easy to get the word meanings.
- Must read the topics like Noun, Pronoun, Adjective, Active Passive Voice.
5. Descriptive Questions:
- For preparing the Descriptive questions of English sections you need to practice as much as you can.
- Practicing will also improve your time management skills and it will be easier for you to solve the questions on time.
- After the reading of any article, you must summarize it in your own language. This will improve your command of the language.
- Descriptive questions have Essay / Precis / Comprehension which you have to complete in 45 minutes. Hence, practicing this section more and more will help to get a good score and it’s the main part of the IBPS PO English preparation strategy.
|English Grammar & Composition||Wren and Martin||S. Chand|
|Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis||Penguin|
|Descriptive General English||S P Bakshi and Richa Sharma||Arihant|
|Objective English for Competitive Examinations||Hari Mohan Prasad, Uma Rani Sinha||Mcgraw Hill Education|
|Objective General English||R.S Aggarwal, Vikas Aggarwal||S. Chand|
|Practise Papers||Kiran Prakashan||Kiran Prakashan|
If you want to get details about the other Indian government job salaries, you can visit these articles by Safalta