is one of the most sought after Government Exams in India. Many candidates appear for this exam. This exam is conducted to recruit candidates for the posts of Lower Division Clerk, Upper Division Clerk, Postal/Sorting Assistant and court clerks in various government departments under Group-C category. Before beginning to prepare for this candidate, candidates should be aware about the SSC CHSL Exam Syllabus & Pattern
There are mainly four subjects in SSC CHSL Syllabus:
- English Language and Comprehension
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Awareness
Here we have a list of recommended booklist for each of these subjects which the aspiring candidates can refer to for preparing for this exam,
1. English Language and Comprehension
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis - This book will help candidates to improve their vocabulary.
- Objective General English by S.P. Bakshi - This is one of the best books for grammar and vocabulary. It is a detailed book which should be referred to by the aspiring candidates.
2. General Intelligence and Reasoning
3. Quantitative Aptitude
- Analytical Reasoning by M.K. Pandey - This book deals with all those topics from which questions are usually asked in SSC CHSL exam. It also contains a lot of practice papers and questions so that candidates can practice thoroughly. It is a very useful book for SSC CHSL exam.
- Test of Reasoning by Edgar Thorpe - This is a very useful book for all the compretitive exams. It contains questions which force your brain to think more which is eventually beneficial for you as it may happen that by practicing questions given in this book you will find questions asked in SSC CHSL exam quite easy.
- A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by R.S. Aggarwal - This is one of the most referred books for SSC CHSL preparation. It contains different types of questions. There are certain difficult sections too which the candidates can avoid.
4. General Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude by R.S. Aggarwal - This book has plenty of questions. It covers various concepts of Mathematics with lots of solved examples. This book also contains practice papers at the end.
- Quantum CAT by Sarvesh Verma - This book is basically designed for CAT aspirants. This is a very useful book for SSC CHSL exam. Though it contains a lot of material but candidate should refer to sections specifically for SSC CHSL Exam as per the syllabus.
- Magical Book on Quicker Maths by M. Tyra - This book contains a lot of short cut methods for solving questions and hence is very useful for SSC CHSL aspirants.
- Advance Maths by Rakesh Yadav - This is a very famous book for SSC exam. It covers all the concepts of aptitude questions. Once done with the basic knowledge of the subject, candidates can refer to this book for further guidance.
SSC CHSL exam 2020-2021: Exam Date, Exam Pattern, Vacancies, Eligibility Criteria, Syllabus, Exam Centres, Preparation Strategy
- Lucent's General Knowledge - This is the best book for preparing for General Awareness. Candidates should thoroughly read this book and revise it consistently to score better in the exam.
- Current Affairs Magzines - Candidates can refer to various Current Affairs magzines that are released by various publications.
- Newspaper - Candidates should try to read the newspaper on a daily basis to keep themselves abrest with the latest news and current affairs. Reading newspaper will also help candidates to improve their English and comprehension skills.