SSC Stenographer Eligibility- Overview
The SSC Stenographer Exam Eligibility criteria is as follows:
· A person of Indian origin,
· A subject of Nepal/Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee
· Should be aged between 18 and 27 for Grade D
· Should be aged between 18 and 30 for Grade C
Candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University
Also Read: SSC CGL vs SSC CHSL
SSC Stenographer Eligibility
SSC Stenographer eligibility is defined as per the following categories:
- Age Limit
- Educational Qualification
- Typing speed
SSC Stenographer Eligibility - NationalityA candidate must be
- A Citizen Of India (or)
- A Citizen Of Nepal (or)
- A Citizen Of Bhutan (or)
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India, before the 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (Formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
SSC Stenographer Eligibility - Age Limit
The age limit for SSC Stenographer Group C and D posts is different.
Source: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/The maximum age limit for the posts is mentioned below.
- Maximum Age Limit for Grade C stenographer – 30 years
- Maximum Age Limit for Grade D stenographer – 27 years
|PwD (Unreserved)||10 years|
|PwD (OBC)||13 years|
|PwD (SC / ST)||15 years|
|Ex – Servicemen (ESM)||03 years after conduction of military service from the closing date of the application|
|Candidates who attained domicile in J&K from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989.||05 years|
|Defence Personnel that suffered from a disability due to hostilities with a foreign nation or in a disturbed area and were relieved of their duties as a consequence||03 years|
|Defense Personnel that suffered from a disability due to hostilities with a foreign nation or in a disturbed area and were relieved of their duties as a consequence (SC / ST)||08 years|
There is no relaxation for sons and daughters of the ex-servicemen.
Check out SSC CHSL Salary here.
Permissible relaxations of Upper age limit for Group ‘C’ Posts Only are as under:-
|Category (Other Backward Classes)||Age Relaxation|
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees: Individuals who have served for 3 years or longer for a continuous and regular period as on the last day of online applications||Up to 40 years of age|
|Central Govt. Civilian Employees: Individuals who have served for 3 years or longer for a continuous and regular period as on the last day of online applications (SC / ST)||Up to 45 years of age|
|Widows / Divorced Women / Women judicially separated and who are not remarried||Up to 35 years of age|
|Widows / Divorced Women / Women Judicially separated and who are not remarried (SC / ST)||Up to 40 years of age|
|Service Clerks in their last year of service in the Armed Forces||Up to 45 years of age|
|Service Clerks in the last year of service in the Armed Forces (SC / ST)||Up to 50 years of age|
|Retrenched census employees of Office of Registrar General of India||3 years plus length of service rendered by them in connection with census, before retrenchment and weight age of past service + 3 years|
- Candidates should know that the only date of birth that is going to be accepted by the Commission for ascertaining an individual’s age eligibility is the date that is noted in their matriculation / secondary examination certificate and no request for changes is going to be entertained.
SSC Stenographer Eligibility - Educational QualificationThe educational qualification for Stenographer posts is class 12. Candidates must have passed intermediate from a recognized board in India.
Also Check: SSB Constable Syllabus
SSC Stenographer Eligibility - Number of Attempts
There is no bar on the number of attempts. If the candidates meet other criteria they can apply any number of times.
To know more read here:
|SSC CHSL Eligibility||DRDO MTS Eligibility||SSC CGL Salary & Posts||SSC CGL (Tips & Techniques )|