UPSC EPFO Syllabus
Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
Source: safalta.comThe syllabus of the exam is such that a candidate must be aware of Basic Labour laws, general studies, maths and computer along with basic knowledge of computers. Candidates must have an in-depth understanding of the syllabus, each topic must be clear and they should have a clear idea about the nature of the questions asked. Section-wise UPSC EPFO Syllabus is given below.
UPSC EPFO Syllabus: Labour laws and Industrial RelationsBasic understanding of laws related to labour and government schemes related to welfare. Important laws are :
- Laws relating to Industrial Relations-
- Industrial Disputes Act, 1947
- Trade Unions Act, 1926
- Laws relating to Wages
- Minimum Wages Act, 1948
- Payment of Wages Act, 1936
- Payment of Bonus Act, 1965
- Laws relating to Social Security
- Employees’ Provident Funds and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952
- Employees’ State Insurance Act, 1948
- Labour Welfare Fund Act (of respective States)
- Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972
- Employee’s Compensation Act, 1923
- Laws relating to Working Hours, Conditions of Services and Employment
- Factories Act, 1948
- Industrial Employment (Standing Orders) Act, 1946
- Shops and Commercial Establishments Act (of respective States)
- Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Act, 1970
- Inter-State Migrant Workmen (Regulation of Employment and Conditions of Service) Act, 1979
- Weekly Holiday Act, 1942
- National and Festival Holidays Act (of respective States) 1963
- The Plantation Labour Act, 1951
- The Mines Act, 1952
- The Dock Workers (Safety, Health & Welfare) Act, 1986
- Laws relating to Equality and Empowerment of Women
- Equal Remuneration Act, 1976
- Maternity Benefits Act, 1961
- Prohibitive Labour Laws
- Bonded Labour System (Abolition), Act, 1976
- Child Labour (Prohibition & Regulation) Act, 1986
- The Beedi and Cigar Workers (Conditions of Employment) Act, 1966
- The Sexual Harassment at the Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013
- Laws relating to Employment and Training
- Apprentices Act, 1961
- Employment Exchanges (Compulsory Notification of Vacancies) Act, 1959
Important schemes related to welfare mainly Ministry of Finance and Labour ministries:
- Atal pension yojana
- PM jeevan bima yojana
- Jan Dhan Accounts
- PM suraksha bima yojana
- Nation Food Security Act
- Maternity Benefit Act
- Labour codes- 4 labour codes - Code on Wages 2019, Code on Social Security 2020, Industrial Relations Code 2020 and Occupational Safety, Health and Working Conditions Code 2020.
UPSC EPFO Syllabus: Maths
- Number Systems
- Profit & Loss
- SI & CI
- Arithmetic questions.
UPSC EPFO Syllabus: Indian Polity & EconomyPolity
Indian Constitution, historical underpinnings, evolution, features, amendments, Functions and responsibilities of the Union and the States, Parliament and State Legislatures – structure, functioning, the conduct of business, powers & privileges and issues arising out of these, Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes, Important aspects of governance, transparency and accountability, e-governance- applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential; citizens charters, transparency & accountability and institutional and other measures. Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues/
Economic growth and development – basic concept and definition of economy and economics
UPSC EPFO Syllabus: General Accounting PrinciplesPrinciples of Accounting, Analyzing & Recording Transactions, Adjustments & Financial Statements, Completion of the accounting cycles, Subsidiary Ledgers and Special Journals.
To evaluate candidate’s understanding of English language & workmanlike use of words
UPSC EPFO Syllabus: General English
UPSC EPFO Exam PatternThe exam is a 2 stage process, where there is a written test followed by an interview. The exam pattern is as follows:
- The written test is pen and paper-based.
- The total time allotted is two hours.
- The test will be objective type questions with multiple choices of answers.
- The medium of examination is Hindi and English.
The interview stage in this exam involves minimum qualifying marks.
How to prepare for Government Jobs?If you want to prepare for Government Jobs then you can get an expert’s guidance with the help of Safalta’s Free Courses: Subscribe Now. Safalta will guide you to prepare for exams like SSC GD, NDA & NA, UP Lekhpal, SSC MTS, etc. Moreover, the aspirants can check E-Books, Mock-Tests, and Current Affairs for free.
|If you want to get details about the other Indian government job salaries, you can visit these articles by Safalta|
|UPSC EPFO Salary||NDA Salary||SSC CGL Salary||
Delhi Police Constable Salary
|UP Lekhpal Salary||Uttar Pradesh Primary Teacher Salary||UP Police Constable Salary||Bihar Police SI Salary|