The International Mathematical Olympiad is a well-known and popular Olympiad exam. It aims at fetching and nurturing aspiring technologists, scientists, and upcoming pros in the mathematics field. Also, known as IMO, the Olympiad exam is open for all students studying in Classes 1 to 12 in a recognized educational board, including CBSE, ICSE, and state boards. The exam is held every year in India or overseas to find young talents in the field of mathematics and nurture them. The Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF) conducts the IMO exam, which helps students get exposure on a national and international level.
Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
Source: safalta.comInterested candidates can contact their school teachers for IMO registration 2022. There are two levels in the IMO exam. However, students can evaluate their performance and math proficiencies at three levels:
- School Level
- State Level
- World wide level
The Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF) hosts the International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO) for students in grades 1 to 12.
The SOF evaluates students’ knowledge of critical thinking, mathematical reasoning, and everyday mathematics.
Students in grades one through twelve can take part in the International Mathematics IMO Level 1.
Recommended: Study for your Exams with Safalta School online. We provide free Preparation materials for Class 9-12 that can boost your preparations
|IMO Eligibility Criteria 2022-2023|
|Eligibility Criteria for Level 1 IMO Exam|
|Eligibility Criteria for Level 2 IMO Exam|
|IMO Exam Format|
The IMO eligibility criteria have been constant for years, which is a point of benefit for the interested candidates and the conducting body as well.
The detailed requirements for IMO Olympiad eligibility are provided here for the convenience of students. You can read the complete blog in order to know the IMO Eligibility Criteria 2022-2023.
Taking a thorough look and understanding the IMO eligibility criteria is important before preparing for the exam.
- It is possible to apply for IMO if you are a student at a SOF school.
- Schools must choose a convenient exam day and submit registration forms 30 days before the exam.
- The SOF IMO exam is available for students to take at their respective schools. Individual registrations are permitted if the schools are unable to take part in the IMO exam. At least 10 students from each school must sign up for the SOF IMO test.
- Students in grades 1 through 12 who want to assess their academic progress in mathematics should take the Level 1 IMO exams paper.
There are two levels in the International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) exam.
- Section 1: Logical Reasoning
- Section 2: Mathematical Reason
- Section 3: Everyday Mathematics
- Section 4: Achievers Section
- There are distinct question sheets for each exam date.
- The exam is conducted in English language.
- The exam papers are created using the syllabi from the State Board, ICSE/ISC, and CBSE.
- The test is given during class time.
Level 2: Students in classes three through twelve participate in Level 2. The following individuals would qualify for the second round-
- At the worldwide level; The top 5% of candidates in each class show up for the exam at the first level.
- State and zone levels: The top 25 rank holders from each zone and class are considered qualified.
- School-level: Class topper, where at least 10 students from the class take the test and receive the minimum required score of 50%.
IMO Exam Dates
IMO Exam Pattern
What benefits come with taking the Olympiad exams?
Is the IMO 2022 exam available for individual students?
What credentials are necessary to check the IMO result?
Is it feasible for a student to sign up on their own for the IMO exam?
Students can immediately get in touch with SOF via phone or email to express their interest in competing in the International Mathematics Olympiad.