The International Mathematical olympiad (IMO) is an olympiad exam that takes place every year by the Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF). It aims to identify and improve mathematical proficiencies in young students. Candidates who are in Classes 1 to 12 and are studying on any recognized educational boards like CBSE, ICSE, and other state boards can take part in the International Mathematical olympiad. Candidates can self-evaluate their Mathematical talent at three levels, i.e., school level, zonal level, and International level. Therefore, you should prepare well for this exam.
Source: safalta.comIf you have a flair for maths subjects and are willing to participate in the International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO), talk to your teachers in your school and register yourself for olympiad e exam. Here, in this blog, you can find the registration process for IMO, exam pattern, exam dates, eligibility, syllabus, and results dates. We advise you to go through the complete blog to gain complete knowledge about the International Mathematical olympiad. Besides IMO, there are multiple olympiad exams that are held both on a national and international level. Candidates from a recognized educational board can take part in these exams and enhance their proficiencies in different areas and subjects.
Recommended: Study for your Exams with Safalta School online. We provide free Preparation materials for Class 9-12 that can boost your preparations
The themes and chapters are similar for Levels I and II of the IMO 2022 syllabus. However, the difficulty level rises. There are two stages of the competition in the International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO).
Table of Content
|Highlights of IMO Exam|
|Regisration Process for IMO|
|Exam Dates and Formats|
The IMO Level 1 exam Set A will take place on November 10, Set B on November 22, and Set C on December 13, 2022. The SOF IMO Level 2 exam will take place possibly in March. In Level II. However, in level 2, only students from Classes 3 to12 can take part.
|Full name||International Mathematical Olympiad|
|Organizing Body||Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF)|
|No. of times it takes place||Once a year|
|Application fee||125 Rs|
|Duration of Exam||1 Hour|
|Mode of submitting the application||Offline|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
IMO Exam Dates
IMO Exam Pattern
IMO Eligibility Criteria
- The IMO exam 2022–23 application may only be submitted offline. Interested students should speak with their respective schools. The registration forms are delivered to the school administration.
- Students must include an Rs. 125 application fee per student with their application form.
- There is a $9 cost per student for those who are from abroad. No student can independently apply to IMO 2022–23 registration.
- Any application materials supplied by students directly will not be accepted by SOF. Students should get in touch with their neighborhood schools to register.
- A student may take the SOF IMO 2022 exam if they are in grades 1 to 12.
- Students in grades 1 to 12 can take the Level 1 Exam.
- Grades 3 to 12 students who pass the Level 1 exam are invited to take the Level 2 examination.
Details of the IMO curriculum by class are as follows-
|IMO Syllabus for Class 1|
|IMO Syllabus for Class 2|
|IMO Syllabus for Class 3|
|IMO Syllabus for Class 4|
|IMO Syllabus for Class 5|
|IMO Syllabus for Class 6|
|IMO Syllabus for Class 7|
|IMO Syllabus for Class 8|
|IMO Syllabus for Class 9|
|IMO Syllabus for Class 10|
|IMO Syllabus for Class 11|
|IMO Syllabus for Class 12|
The SOF IMO has been conducted online with proctoring from 2020 because of the pandemic. According to a notice on the IMO's official website, the test will be monitored in the same way until otherwise instructed. The International Mathematics Olympiad is organized by the SOF on two levels. The details of the IMO Exam format are provided below.
Students in Classes 1 through 12 take the IMO Level 1 exam.
- There will be a 60-minute exam.
- For students in classes 1 to 4 students, there are 35 Objective-type (Multiple-choice Questions)
- For students in classes 5 to 12 students, there are 50 Objective-type (Multiple-choice Questions)
The following students are eligible for the IMO Level 2 exam:
- At class level: The class top student is identified when ten or more students from the class complete Level 1 and obtain a minimum aggregate of 50%.
- At State level: The top 25 rank holders from each class and zone are taken into consideration.
- At Global level: Only the top 5% of candidates in each class who show up in Level 1 are taken into consideration.
- National Cyber Olympiad (NCO)
- National Science Olympiad (NSO)
- International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO)
- International English Olympiad (IEO)
- International Commerce Olympiad (ICO)
- International General Knowledge Olympiad (IGKO)
How could I get ready for the Math Olympiad in the best way?
Can students apply for IMO individually?
What is the registration fee for IMO exam?
What is the minimum marks to qualify IMO exam?
How should students in Class 2 practice for the Math Olympiad?
- Measuring Units
- Odd One Out
- Geometrical Shapes
- Ranking Test
- Grouping of Figures
- Embedded Figures
- Number Names and Number Sense (3-Digit Numbers)
- Computation Operations