GK Questions for Class 6
Register here for Free Demo Classes
Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
3. What is the only even prime number?
Ans. Buenos Aires
5. Who is known as "Jawahar of Uttarakhand"?
Ans. Jagmohan Singh Negi
6. In which state are Zawar mines located?
7. The Padma Shri awardee, Lakshmi Nandan Bora, belonged to which field?
8. What is the capital of Estonia?
9. On which date does the Autumn Equinox occur?
Ans. September 23
10. Who founded the Kushana Empire in India?
Ans. Kujula Kadphises
11. Name the player who won India's first Olympic bronze medal in boxing?
Ans. Vijender Singh
12. When is 'Cybersecurity Awareness Month' observed?
13. Who founded the Chola dynasty?
14. What are the functions of connective tissue?
Ans. Functions of Connective Tissue are: insulating, helping in binding the organs together and providing support, and also providing shape to the body, conserving body heat, and also storing energy.
15. Zero is a positive or a negative number. Explain?
Ans. Zero is neither a positive nor a negative number.
16. Name a marine animal which is known as a "sea cow"?
17. When did the First World War take place?
18. What was the ancient name of Patna?
19. What is the square root of 144?
20. Who gave the slogan “Do or Die”?
Ans. Mahatma Gandhi
21. Why are the leaves green in color?
Ans. Due to the presence of Chlorophyll
22. Name the acid that is secreted in the stomach?
Ans. Hydrochloric acid
23. Which is the highest civilian award of the Republic of India?
Ans. The Bharat Ratna Award
24. WWW stands for?
Ans. World Wide Web
25. World Environment Day is celebrated on _.
Ans. June 5
26. Plants that develop in dry conditions are
27. Where is ‘Great Bear Lake’ found in the world?
28. In which country did cannabis originate?
29. Name the instrument that is used to measure blood pressure?
30. Utkal Diwas, celebrated on .............
Ans. April 1
31. ......... protein found in nails.
32. Bhagwati Sutta is a ....... text.
33. ..... is the first Asian country to launch a Plastics pact.
34. Karna and Angahgara terms are associated with......... dance.
Ans. Indian Classical
35. The International Space Station is located in...... orbit.
Ans. Low Earth Orbit
36. Varkala Beach is situated in ..... state.
39. ........was the ancient name of Patna.
40. Plants that develop in dry conditions are known as ...........
is the biggest bone in the human body.
42. Burning of coal releases carbon and sulphur oxides into the environment.
43. Somatotropin is another name for laughing gas.
Ans. False (Correct Answer is growth hormone).
44. The Kayatha and Malwa cultures are related to the chalcolithic phase.
45. Motilal Nehru was the editor of the newspaper "Punjab Kesari".
Ans. False (Correct Answer is Lala Jagat Narayan).
46. LBW is related to hockey sports.
Ans. False (Correct Answer is Cricket).
47. In 1937, World War II started.
Ans. False (Correct Answer is 1939)
48. Maputo is the capital of Morocco.
Ans. False (Correct Answer is Mozambique).
49. Non-renewable energy eventually depletes.
50. What is the full form of Wifi?
Ans. Wireless Fidelity
51. Who is the writer of ‘Panchathantra’?
Ans. Vishnu Sharma
52. Who is the 14th President of India?
Ans. Ram Nath Govind
Who was the inventor of the light bulb?
Ans. Thomas Alwa Edison
54. Opium is obtained from the dry latex from which part of the Papaver somniferum Plant?
55. Which Vitamin helps to heal the wound
56. The Pothohar Plateau is found in Nepal.
Ans. False (Correct Answer is Pakistan).
57. The world’s largest specimen of a Begonia species named ‘Begonia gigantica’ is found in Siberia.
Ans. False (Correct Answer is Tibet).
58. Hydrochloric acid is secreted in the stomach.
59. Bhopal Gas Tragedy took place in 1980.
Ans. False (Correct Answer is 1984).
60. What is the weight of a cricket ball?
Ans. 5.75 ounces