Source: safalta.comTo access a comprehensive list of Biosphere Reserves in India and additional information, I recommend referring to the article provided.
|Environmental Studies E-Book||General Hindi E-Book||Sports E-Book For All Exams||Indian Economy E-Book|
Table of Content
- Biosphere Reserves
- List of Biosphere Reserves in India
- List of Biosphere Reserves included in MAB List
- A site must contain a protected and minimally disturbed core area of value of nature conservation.
- The core area must be a bio-geographical unit and should be large enough to sustain viable populations representing all trophic levels.
- The involvement of local communities and the use of their knowledge in biodiversity preservation.
- Areas potential for preservation of traditional tribal or rural modes of living for harmonious use of the environment.
There are 727 biosphere reserves in 131 countries, including 22 transboundary sites. They are distributed as follows:
- 86 sites in 31 countries in Africa
- 35 sites in 14 countries in the Arab States
- 168 sites in 40 countries in Asia and the Pacific
- 306 sites in 24 countries in Europe and North America
- 132 sites in 22 countries Latin America and the Caribbean.
- There are 18 biosphere reserves in India:
- Cold Desert, Himachal Pradesh
- Nanda Devi, Uttrakhand
- Khangchendzonga, Sikkim
- Dehang-Debang, Arunachal Pradesh
- Manas, Assam
- Dibru-Saikhowa, Assam
- Nokrek, Meghalaya
- Panna, Madhya Pradesh
- Pachmarhi, Madhya Pradesh
- Achanakmar-Amarkantak, Madhya Pradesh-Chhattisgarh
- Kachchh, Gujarat (Largest Area)
- Similipal, Odisha
- Sundarban, West Bengal
- Seshachalam, Andhra Pradesh
- Agasthyamala, Karnataka-Tamil Nadu-Kerala
- Nilgiri, Tamil Nadu-Kerala (First to be Included)
- Gulf of Mannar, Tamil Nadu
- Great Nicobar, Andaman & Nicobar Island
- Nilgiri (First to be included)
- Gulf of Mannar
- Nanda Devi
- Achanakmar - Amarkantak
- Great Nicobar
Now Learn The location of MAB Sites With the Help Of MAP
List of Biosphere Reserve: Criteria for Designation
- A site that must contain an effectively protected and minimally disturbed core area of value of nature conservation.
- The core area should have characteristics of a bio-geographical unit and be sizable enough to support thriving populations that represent all trophic levels in the ecosystem.
- To integrate biodiversity protection and socioeconomic development while controlling and containing disputes, the management authority must secure local communities' participation and collaboration.
- areas with the potential to preserve traditional tribal or rural ways of life for environmentally friendly use.
- List of Miss World Winners From India: Check the complete list here!
- Cricket World Cup Winners: Check the complete list from 1975 to 2022 here!
Biosphere conservationIndia is a signatory to the landscape approach backed by the UNESCO Man and Biosphere (MAB) program, which serves as the guiding force behind the Biosphere Reserve Program. The Government of India has been operating a program known as the Biosphere Reserve since 1986, in which financial support is given to the states of the North Eastern Region and the three Himalayan states in a ratio of 90:10 and to other states in a ratio of 60:40 for the upkeep, development, and improvement of specific items. The Management Action Plan is created by the State Government and is authorized and followed by the Central MAB Committee.
You may also read:
To know more read here:
|List Of Nationalized Banks In India||List Of National Organizations And Their Headquarters||SBI PO Syllabus|