The National Science Olympiad (NSO) is an annually held exam. It deals with identifying, improving, and celebrating the scientific skills of young students. The National Science Olympiad is organized by the Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF). Students who are in classes 1 to 12 can take part in this olympiad exam. However, they need to be from a recognized educational board like CBSE, ICSE, and other state boards. If you have any queries related to the National science olympiad, you can read all NSO-related blogs on Safalta.
Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
Source: safalta.comWe have provided every information regarding NSO. The registration process, eligibility criteria, syllabus, exam dates, exam pattern, and exam results of the National science olympiad is available on the Safalta website. You can find the links below in the blog. Besides the National science olympiad, there are numerous olympiad exams conducted by the Science Olympiad foundation SOF. A few of them are as National cyber olympiad (NCO), International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO), International English Olympiad (IEO),and International commerce olympiad (ICO). The National Science Olympiad (NSO) is a competitive exam held each year. The Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF) conducts the Olympiad. The Olympiad provides students with a platform to showcase their potential and improve scientific knowledge on a national level. Selected candidates can win up to INR 50,000 in cash and other prizes. The NSO aims to foster scientific thinking and logical aptitude in young kids. Recommended: Study for your Exams with Safalta School online. We provide Preparation materials for Classes 9-12 that can boost your preparations.
Table of Content
Registration for NSO
- Students who lost their parents in military operations
- Students with any kind of disability
The process will generate the exam Roll numbers of the National science Olympiad for participating candidates. These roll numbers are given to them according to the Students Registration sheet (SRS).
Note: Any school can register itself as the center for the SOF NSO olympiad exam. There is no fee for an institution to become an examination center.
The important information regarding the admit card of the participating candidates is as follows-
- The candidates who are aiming to appear in the National Science Olympiad exam must collect they have admitted cards from their schools. It is an important document without which applicants may not be able to compete in the Olympiad.
- Students can also download the admit card online from the official website of the conducting body SOF.
- Applicants can visit the website and download the admit card to appear in the NSO examination.
- Candidates must carry their admit card during their entrance exam as it is proof that they have filled up the registration form with essential details and fees.
Schools registered with SOF can participate in the NSO exam. The institutions can decide the convenient day on which they wish to conduct the Olympiad on their campus. However, they need to submit the registration form a month before the examination. Students can register themselves for the National Science Olympiad through their schools. The conducting body (SOF) requires at least 10 students from each institution to enroll.
Students from Classes 1-12 can appear in the NSO examination.
Science is the mandatory subject for the National Science Olympiad (NSO). As the exam tests students' scientific knowledge, having a strong command over science is a basic need.
Students studying from CBSE, ICSE, or state board are eligible to participate in the NSO exam.
Students studying in Classes 1-12 can appear in the National Science Olympiad every year.
Number of Attempts
Students can participate in the NSO exam once in an academic year.
Crucial details on NSO Eligibility Criteria
- Level 1
- Level 2
- The top 5% of students from each class who participated in the Level 1 exam can go for Level 2.
- The top 25 rank holders in each zone who participated in the Level 1 test fulfill the criteria for the second level exam.
- Students from each participating school where at least 10 students participated in the exam and scored half of the qualifying grades can appear in the NSO Level 2 exam.
- Students with the highest marks in each section can appear in the NSO Level 2 exam if registration is received section-wise. However, it is not sure that students who are awarded gold medals are eligible for the second Level NSO exam.
NSO Eligibility Criteria
NSO Exam Dates
NSO Exam Pattern
NSO Exam results
IEO Registration 2022
IEO Eligibility Criteria
IMO Eligibility Criteria
IMO exam dates
IMO Exam Pattern
IMO Exam Results
- Participating schools must the registration forms of students before the date of registration ends. Students must confirm the NSO exam date with their institutions to avoid any sort of confusion.
- The Sceince Olympiad includes questions on general science, particular subjects, such as biology, physics, chemistry, and astronomy, and current events. All these questions are put in the question papers to evaluate students' performance based on their understanding of science. The questions are also made according to the level of understanding of students and their classes.
- Level 1 and Level 2 are the tiers for the NSO exam. Both Level 1 and Level 2 are for students in Classes 1-12. However, students of Class 1 can only participate till level 1. Only Students in classes 3-12 can move on to level 2. Candidates who qualify for level 1 can take part in Level 2 (Classes 3-12).
Important dates for NSO Exam 2022
The NSO exam will take place on three dates in the months of October, November, and December. The SOF has released the tentative calendar for the NSO exam. You can see the key dates below.
|NSO Level 1 Exam Date 1||18th October 2022|
|NSO Level 1 Exam Date 2||3rd November 2022|
|NSO Level 1 Exam Date 3||1st December 2022|
|NSO Exam Registration Date||A month before the exam date|
|NSO Exam Announcement date for Level 2||Will be declared by January 2023|
|NSO Level 2 Exam Date||-|
Mark these dates in your calendar if you are aiming to appear in National Science Olympiad. You may feel encouraged to prepare yourself better for the exam when you see these dates.
The Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF) declares the result of the NSO exams.
The declaration of the results is usually done after the 2 weeks of the exams.
The SOF sends the results to participating schools along with releasing them on the official website of SOF.
The result of the National Science Olympiad level 1 exam may come out in the last week of December. However, the level 2 result of the NSO exam is expected to be declared in March.
- Go to the official website
- Click on the results section shown in tab
- Drop down and find NSO and click on it
- Enter your roll no. in the given format (along with your school code, class, and roll number
- After doing that, enter the given captcha
- Choose to View your results. The screen will show your desired results
- Finally, you can print it out and keep it for your future reference
The following details are mentioned in NSO level -1 results on the SOF website
- Name of Student
- Roll number
- Secured Marks
- International Rank
- Zone/ State Rank
- International award won
- Class of Student
- School award won
- Zonal award won
- Name of School
Priority Level for Class 1st to 10th
Priority Levels for Class 11 and 12
If students clear the exam, they can participate in the level 2 exam. However, students must know that only those in class 3-12th can move on to the NSO level 2 exam. For classes 1 and 2, the percentage of marks is decided on the basis of level 1 only.
Make sure you have all the necessary materials to prepare for the NSO.
Check that you have the best reference books. However, if you don't have the syllabus for NSO, check it now at Safalta's website. Another helpful study approach is to study with sample papers.
Be sure to make a schedule and prepare accordingly for the National Science Olympiad exams.
Test yourself by solving the practice papers. It will help you self-access your knowledge and make yourself ready for the examination.