Download App & Start Learning
RAW Full Form:
RAW, which stands for Research and Analysis Wing, serves as India's foreign intelligence agency.
It was established on September 21, 1968, following the India-China War.
The headquarters of RAW are located in Delhi.
Operating as the premier intelligence agency, RAW is responsible for various crucial tasks such as gathering foreign intelligence, counterterrorism measures, counterproliferation efforts, and more.
Samant Goel currently holds the position of Director within this intelligence agency.
To obtain comprehensive knowledge about RAW, please refer to the article provided.
Computer Full Form, categories and generations of computer
Table Of Content
RAW Full Form: What are the Objectives of RAW?
RAW Full Form: What is the History of RAW?
- Influencing foreign countries through the formation of international public opinion.
- Monitoring political, military, economic, and scientific developments in countries that have direct ramifications for India's national security and foreign policy formulation.
- Covert activities protect India's national interests.
- Anti-terrorist operations and elements posing a threat to India
RAW's objectives in the past, following the Sino-Indian conflict of 1962 and due to India's tumultuous relations with Pakistan, included the following:
You may also read Our Free E-Books:
- To follow the emergence of global communism and the schism between the world's two most powerful communist countries, the Soviet Union and China.
As in other nations, both of these authorities had direct access to India's communist parties.
- Controlling and controlling the transfer of military equipment to Pakistan, particularly from Europe, the US, and, significantly, China.
- RAW (Research and Analysis Wing) was created 54 years ago in 1968.
But has no official history been written or do no virtually declassified documents exist for its activities?
- The decision to create RAW to deal with external intelligence was taken due to the bad performance of India in the Indo-China War in 1962 and the Indo-Pak War in 1965.
Previously, the Intelligence Bureau (IB) was looking after both internal and external intelligence.
- The power and design of RAW came into existence through the discussions between Prime Minister Indira Gandhi and RAW's first Chief R.N.
- In 1968 RAW began with 200 IB (Intelligence Bureau) Officers who left IB to join RAW the newly created external intelligence agency.
- The first batch of RAW officers joined in the year 1971.
- By the time of former Prime Minister Morarji Desai, RAW increased its staff to more than 5000 on its own payroll.
- In 1971, Kao convinced the government to create the Aviation Research Center (ARC).
- Between 1970 and 1990, RAW was introduced to the Radio Research Center and the Electronics & Technology facilities.
The salary of the RAW agent is between Rs.0.8-1.3 lakhs per month.
Officers from the IPS, IAS, IRS, and IFS have been recruited. They are also drawn from the Indian Armed Forces, though in smaller numbers.
It is India’s foreign intelligence body which was formed in the year 1968. Rameshwarnath Kao was appointed as the Chief of India’s first Foreign Intelligence Agency.
- Direct hiring at the Class 1 Executive Level from Civil Service Officers enrolled in the Foundation course at the Lala Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration is done after RAS is used to screen candidates.
- A campus interview is conducted by RAW after the training.
- Based on the results of their psychological testing and interview, candidates are selected for a one-year position.
- During this 12-month time, they have the choice to re-joiner parenthe t military.
- However, after a year, they are chosen permanently for the RAW (Research and Analysis Service).
- Lateral deputation from the Officers Corps of the Indian Armed Forces is another technique of recruiting.
- To join RAS, officers from the Civil and Defense Services must retire permanently.