|General Knowledge Ebook Free PDF: Download Here||Current Affairs Ebook Free PDF: Download Here||Attempt Free Mock Tests- Click Here|
RAW Full Form: What are the Objectives of RAW?
- Influencing foreign countries through the formation of international public opinion.
- Monitoring political, military, economic, and scientific developments in countries that have direct ramifications for India's national security and foreign policy formulation.
- Covert activities protect India's national interests.
- Anti-terrorist operations and elements posing a threat to India
RAW's objectives in the past, following the Sino-Indian conflict of 1962 and due to India's tumultuous relations with Pakistan, included the following:
- To track the rise of global communism and the schism between the Soviet Union and China, the world's two most powerful communist countries.
Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo ClassesPlease fill the namePlease enter only 10 digit mobile numberPlease select coursePlease fill the email
- Controlling and limiting the flow of military equipment to Pakistan, primarily from European countries, the United States, and, crucially, China.
|Polity E-Book||Indian History E-Book||Science E-Book||Art and Culture E-Book||Geography E-Book|
|Sports E Book||Environmental Studies E Book||History E Book||Biology E Book||Indian Economy E Book|
RAW Full Form: What is the History of RAW?
- RAW (Research and Analysis Wing) was created 54 years ago in 1968. But has no official history been written or do no virtually declassified documents exist for its activities.
- The decision to create RAW to deal with the external intelligence was taken due to the bad performance of India in the Indo-China War in 1962 and the Indo-Pak War in 1965. Previously, Intelligence Bureau (IB) was looking after both internal and external intelligence.
- The power and design of RAW came out into existence through the discussions between Prime Minister Indira Gandhi and RAW first Chief R.N. Kao.
- In 1968 RAW began with 200 IB (Intelligence Bureau) Officers who left IB to join RAW the newly created external intelligence agency.
- The first batch of RAW officers joined in the year 1971.
- By the time of former Prime Minister Morarji Desai, RAW increased its staff to more than 5000 on its own payroll.
- In 1971, Kao convinced the government to create the Aviation Research Center (ARC).
- Between 1970 and 1990, RAW was introduced to the Radio Research Center and the Electronics & Technology facilities.
Source: safalta.comAlso Check:
What is RAW officer salary?
How can I join in RAW?
What is the RAW job?
What is RAW qualification?
- Direct hiring at the Class 1 Executive Level from Civil Service Officers enrolled in the Foundation course at the Lala Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration is done after RAS is used to screen candidates.
- A campus interview is conducted by RAW after the training.
- Based on the results of their psychological testing and interview, candidates are selected for a one-year position.
- During this 12-month time, they have the choice to re-join their parent military.
- However, after a year, they are chosen on a permanent basis for the RAW (Research and Analysis Service).
- Lateral deputation from the Officers Corps of the Indian Armed Forces is another technique of recruiting.
- In order to join RAS, officers from the Civil and Defense Services must retire permanently.