Class 12 students should refer to the NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Business Studies 2022-2023 before diving into the exam preparation. Understanding the curriculum and its requirements can help you plan your studies effectively. When candidates are familiar with the syllabus, they know the accurate way to perform well in their exams. Most CBSE-affiliated schools prefer the NCERT syllabus due to its multiple benefits. Therefore, referring to the curriculum can assist in planning your studies, making your timetable, and preparing as per your learning abilities. The NCERT Syllabus tells bout the m marking pattern, course content, and project details for Class 12 Business studies. We recommend candidates to go through the curriculum and prepare for their exams according to the CBSE guidelines. There are two parts in the Class 12 Business Studies Syllabus, namely Principles, and Functions of Management and Business Finance and Marketing.
Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
Recommended: Study for your Exams with Safalta School online.
Table of Content
Here is the Syllabus for Business Studies for Class 12 for the academic session 2022-2023.
Students can go through the essential components of the NCERT syllabus below.
Exam structure, unit-wise syllabus, practical details, and PDF link is there in the blog.
You can easily learn the revised and updated curriculum.
The Marks Distribution Class 12 Business Studies is tabulated below. You can have a look.
|Part A||Principles and Functions of Management|
|1||Nature and Significance of Management|
|2||Principles of Management||16|
|Part B||Business Finance and Marketing|
|Part C||Project Work (one)||20|
- Management – concept, objectives, and importance
- Management as Science, Art and Profession
- Levels of Management
- Management functions-planning, organizing, staffing, directing and controlling
- Coordination- concept and importance
- Principles of Management- concept and significance
- Fayol’s principles of management
- Taylor’s Scientific management- principles and techniques
- Business Environment- concept and importance
- Dimensions of Business Environment, Economic, Social, Technological, Political and Legal
- Planning: Concept, importance and limitation
- Planning process
- Organising: Concept and importance
- Organising Process
- Structure of organisation- functional and divisional concept.
- Delegation: concept, elements and importance
- Decentralisation: concept and importance
- Concept and importance of staffing
- Staffing as a part of Human Resource Management concept
- Staffing process
- Recruitment process
- Selection – process
- Training and Development – Concept and importance, Methods of training – on the job and off the job – vestibule training, apprenticeship training and internship training
- Concept and importance
- Elements of Directing
- Motivation – concept, Maslow’s hierarchy of needs, Financial and non-financial incentives
- Leadership – concept, styles – authoritative, democratic and laissez faire
- Communication – concept, formal and informal communication; barriers to effective communication, how to overcome the barriers
- Controlling – Concept and importance
- Relationship between planning and controlling
- Steps in process of control
Unit 9: Financial Management
Concept, role and objectives of Financial Management
- Financial decisions: investment, financing and dividend- Meaning and factors affecting
- Financial Planning – concept and importance
- Capital Structure – concept and factors affecting capital structure
- Fixed and Working Capital – Concept and factors affecting their requirements
Unit 10: Financial Markets
- Financial Markets: Concept
- Money Market: Concept
- Capital market and its types (primary and secondary)
- Stock Exchange – Functions and trading procedure
- Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) – objectives and functions
Unit 11: Marketing
- Marketing – Concept, functions and philosophies
- Marketing Mix – Concept and elements
- Product – branding, labelling and packaging – Concept
- Price – Concept, Factors determining price
- Physical Distribution – concept
- Promotion – Concept and elements; Advertising, Personal Selling, Sales Promotion and Public Relations
Unit 12: Consumer Protection
- Concept and importance of consumer protection
- The Consumer Protection Act, 2019:
- Who can file a complaint?
- Redressal machinery
- Remedies available
- Consumer awareness – Role of consumer organizations and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs)
The business studies syllabus is introduced at the senior level so that students can understand the concepts and other matters relating to business and society.
Management is contingent and keeps on improving technology, natural resources, and human invention into the modern era. The project work is a part of Classes 11 and 12 because it helps students understand the interconnections between society, economy and technology, and the legal environment.
The process of project making helps the students analyze the importance of business in society.
Additionally, the project work included in the NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Business studies helps identify issues related to society and ethics.
Through projects, teachers can also assist the students in realizing what’s happening in society by explaining the context and concept. It allows the student to have fun along with studies and to utilize the ideal time effectively.
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Hindi
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Psychology
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Sociology
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Accountancy
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Economics
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 History
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Geography
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Political Science
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 English
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Physics
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Chemistry
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Biology
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Maths
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Biotechnology
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Hindustani Music
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Human right and Gender Studies
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Informatics Practices
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Legal Studies
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Philosophy
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Physical Education
- Students get a deeper insight into the action and can reflect on the knowledge, skills, and views, which are crucial for Class 12 Business Studies.
- Projects allow the candidates to comprehend, analyze, and understand the world using their theoretical knowledge and arguments.
- The project under NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Business studies enables the students to think critically and to become creative while thinking independently.
- The Students should follow their interests, as keenness can help bring appealing results.
- Projects under NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Business studies help develop communications skills and improve logical thinking.
- Students should start their preparation for Board exams after understanding the NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Business studies. They should go through the syllabus thoroughly and understand the concepts.
- Candidates can use the reference books to practice more questions.
- The most important thing is to analyze the concept and its major purpose.
- There are multiple topics in the NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Business studies. Therefore, jot down the concepts you have covered and also the ones you haven't.
- The smart study will be a cherry on the cake.
- Solving previous year's question papers and sample papers for Cass 12th can help manage time.
- NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Business studies contains advanced topics compared to Class 11. Therefore, you need more understanding of it.
Source: safalta.comThe NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Business studies gives a comprehensive idea of the topics and concepts. It can play a crucial role in solving the questions as per NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Business studies.
Where can you download the NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Business Studies?
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Business Studies PDF
How many chapter are there in the NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Business Studies (Part 1)?
How many chapter are there in the NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Business Studies (Part 2)?
What is Safalta School Online?
Safalta school online is an initiative of Safalta Pvt Ltd to help students score well in their exams by sitting in their homes. We provide online lectures that are very beneficial for the students. We also offer free E-books and Mock test papers for the preparation.