The NCERT Syllabus for Class 12
Informatics Practices 2022-2023 is issued by the National Council of Educational Research and Training NCERT.
It explains the learning outcomes, unit-wise syllabus, exam structure, and other significant details regarding the curriculum.
Candidates should refer to the Informatics Practices syllabus for Class 12 to get well-versed with the syllabus.
Doing so can help them prepare themselves in a better way for the examination.
Once you are familiarized with the curriculum, you can plan your studies and make a convenient and supportive study schedule.
There are numerous perks offered by the NCERT syllabus
For the same reason, most CBSE-affiliated schools prefer the same.
Therefore, you recommend students read the complete blog and understand every aspect of the NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Informatics Practices 2022-2023.
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Informatics Practices 2022-2023 is available here at Safalta.
Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
Please fill the name
Please enter only 10 digit mobile number
Please select course
Please fill the email
We have also attached the PDF link for download purposes.
You can download the PDF and understand the NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Informatics Practices whenever you wish or want.
Candidates can go through the chapter-wise syllabus.
Understanding the curriculum is very important to know before you start preparing for your exam.
You need to know the exam structure and unit-wise syllabus so that you can prepare accordingly for your examination and score good grades.
Recommended: Study for your Exams with Safalta School online.
We provide Preparation materials for Classes 9-12 that can boost your preparations.
Table of Content
Here is the Syllabus for Informatics Practices for Class 12 for the academic session 2022-2023.
Students can go through the essential components of the NCERT syllabus below.
Exam structure, unit-wise syllabus, practical details, and PDF link is there in the blog.
You can easily learn the revised and updated curriculum. The syllabus for Informatics Practices Class 12 includes chapters and topics like Data Handling using Pandas and Data Visualization, Database Query using SQL, Introduction to Computer Networks, and social impacts.
The sub-topics of these units are also mentioned below.
Here are the expected learning outcomes from Informatics Practices Syllabus for Class 12.
Let's have a look-
- Generate Series, Data frames and apply different operations.
- Imagine data using relevant graphs.
- Fabricate SQL queries using aggregate functions.
- Import/Export data between SQL database and Pandas.
- Discover terminology associated with networking and internet.
- Recognize internet security issues and arrange browser settings.
- Comprehend the influence of technology on society including gender and disability problems.
The Unit-wise syllabus for Informatics Practices Class 12 for the academic session 2022-2023 is given in the form of table below.
Candidates can have a look over it.
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Hindi
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Psychology
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Sociology
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Accountancy
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Business Studies
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Economics
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 History
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Geography
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Political Science
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 English
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Physics
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Chemistry
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Biology
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Maths
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Biotechnology
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Hindustani Music
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Human right and Gender Studies
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Legal Studies
||Data Handling using Pandas -I
- Introduction to Python libraries- Pandas, Matplotlib.
- Data structures in Pandas – Series and Data Frames.
- Series: Creation of Series from – ndarray, dictionary, scalar value; mathematical operations; Head and Tail functions; Selection, Indexing and Slicing.
- Data Frames: creation – from dictionary of Series, list of dictionaries, Text/CSV files; display; iteration; Operations on rows and columns: add, select, delete, rename; Head and Tail functions; Indexing using Labels, Boolean Indexing; Importing/Exporting Data between CSV files and Data Frames.
- Data Visualization
- Purpose of plotting; drawing and saving following types of plots using Matplotlib – line plot, bar graph, histogram
- Customizing plots: adding label, title, and legend in plots.
||Database Query using SQL
- Math functions: POWER (), ROUND (), MOD ().
- Text functions: UCASE ()/UPPER (), LCASE ()/LOWER (), MID ()/SUBSTRING ()/SUBSTR (), LENGTH (), LEFT (), RIGHT (), INSTR (), LTRIM (), RTRIM (), TRIM ().
- Date Functions: NOW (), DATE (), MONTH (), MONTHNAME (), YEAR (), DAY (), DAYNAME ().
- Aggregate Functions: MAX (), MIN (), AVG (), SUM (), COUNT (); using COUNT (*).
- Querying and manipulating data using Group by, Having, Order by.
||Introduction to Computer Networks
- Introduction to networks, Types of network: LAN, MAN, WAN.
- Network Devices: modem, hub, switch, repeater, router, gateway
- Network Topologies: Star, Bus, Tree, Mesh.
- Introduction to Internet, URL, WWW, and its applications- Web, email, Chat, VoIP.
- Website: Introduction, difference between a website and webpage, static vs dynamic web page, web server and hosting of a website.
- Web Browsers: Introduction, commonly used browsers, browser settings, add-ons and plug-ins, cookies.
- Digital footprint, net and communication etiquettes, data protection, intellectual property rights (IPR), plagiarism, licensing and copyright, free and open source software (FOSS), cybercrime and cyber laws, hacking, phishing, cyber bullying, overview of Indian IT Act.
- E-waste: hazards and management.
- Awareness about health concerns related to the usage of technology.
The Exam pattern for Informatics Practices Class 12 for the academic session 2022-2023 is tabulated below.
You can have a look.
Theory: 70 Marks
Practical: 30 Marks
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Informatics Practices PDF
||Data Handling using Pandas and Data Visualization
||Database Query using SQL
||Introduction to Computer Networks
Candidates can refer to the information given above for NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Informatics Practices.
Theory includes 70 marks.
Practical section involves 30 marks.
Safalta school online is an initiative of Safalta Pvt Ltd to help students score well in their exams by sitting in their homes. We provide online lectures that are very beneficial for the students.
The fee is very affordable. It ranges between 6999 to 9999.