Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
Recommended: Study for your Exams with Safalta School online. We provide Preparation materials for Classes 9-12 that can boost your preparations.
Table of Content
|NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 English 2022-2023|
|Section A: Reading Section|
|Section B: Writing Section|
|Section C: Literature Section|
|Benefits of the NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 English|
|Preparation tips for NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 English|
|1||Section A||Reading Section|
|2||Section B||Writing Section|
|3||Section C||Literature Section|
Section A - Reading Section
- 2 Unseen passages with questions in the form of very short, short, and multiple-choice questions. This section tests the ability to handle comprehension, interpretation, and inference along with vocabulary, which includes word meaning and inference.
- The passages are mostly of 1100-1200 words.
- The weightage is 6MCQs and 16 very short answer type questions, holding 22 marks.
- Factual passages, e.g., instructions, descriptions, reports.
- Descriptive passages include opinions, e.g., argumentative, persuasive, or interpretative text.
- Literary passages, like drama, essay, an extract from fiction, poetry, or biography.
- A poem can be of 28-35 lines.
- The passages might be literary or factual to test comprehension.
- One Short Answer Type Question is of 3 marks
- One Long Answer Type Question is to be answered in 80-100 words, carrying 5 marks
This section is of 30 marks, including writing skills. The section checks the writing skills of the students. You can attempt two out of these given below:
- Advertisement writing
- Notice Writing
- Poster writing
- Formal and informal invitation and reply writing (4 Marks)
- Letter writing - based on verbal/visual input (6 Marks)
- Business or official letters (for making inquiries, registering complaints, asking for and giving information, placing orders, and sending replies)
- Letters to the editor (giving suggestions or opinions on an issue of public interest)
- Application for a job
- Article writing
- Debate writing
- speech writing
- Report writing - (10x2=20 Marks)
Prescribed NCERT Book for Class 12 English paper are as follows-
- The Invisible Man (unabridged) by H.G. Wells
- Silas Marner (unabridged) by George Eliot
Flamingo – Prose
|Lesson 1: The Last Lesson (Alphonse Daudet)|
|Lesson2: Lost Spring (Anees Jung)|
|Lesson3: Deep Water (William Douglas)|
|Lesson 4: The Rattrap (Selma Lagerlof)|
|Lesson 5: Indigo (Louis Fischer)|
|Lesson 6: Poets and Pancakes|
|Lesson 7: The Interview|
|Lesson 8: Going Places (A. R. Barton)|
Flamingo – Poetry
|Poem 1: My Mother at Sixty – Six (Kamala Das)|
|Poem 2: An Elementary School Classroom in a Slum (Stephen Spender)|
|Poem 3: Keeping Quiet (Pablo Neruda)|
|Poem 4: A Thing of Beauty (John Keats)|
|Poem 5: A Roadside Stand|
|Poem 6: Aunt Jennifer’s Tigers (Adrienne Rich)|
|Chapter 1: The Third Level (Jack Finney)|
|Chapter 2. The Tiger King (Kalki)|
|Chapter 3. Journey to the end of the Earth (Tishani Doshi)|
|Chapter 4. The Enemy Pearl (S. Buck)|
|Chapter 5. Should Wizard hit Mommy (John Updike)|
|Chapter 6. On the face of It (Susan Hill)|
|Chapter 7. Evans Tries an O-level (Colin Dexter)|
|Chapter 8. Memories of Childhood (Zitkala-Sa & Bama)|
- Very short answer questions that check the comprehension and appreciation, extracted from poetry. (4 marks)
- The students are supposed to attempt 4 out of 6 short answer questions, which are basically based on prose/drama/ poetry. (12 marks)
- Candidates can attempt one long-answer type question in around 120-150 words. (6marks)
- Students can opt for only 1 question out of 2 long answer-type questions, to be written in 120-150 words to check global analysis of comprehension. (6marks)
- Any questions to be answered include theme, plot, and incidents from the novels. (6marks)
- The scholars can attempt any 1 out of 2, based on their understanding, appreciation, analysis, and interpretation (6 marks)
- The syllabus provides knowledge in easy and crisp language.
- The syllabus helps in exams like JEE, NEET, and various scholarship tests like KVPY.
- The syllabus provides a way for the students to make a study schedule and prepare well for the board exams.
- NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 English helps understand the weightage of units and chapters.
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Hindi
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Psychology
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Sociology
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Accountancy
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Business Studies
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Economics
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 History
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Geography
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Political Science
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Physics
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Chemistry
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Biology
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Maths
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Biotechnology
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Hindustani Music
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Human right and Gender Studies
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Informatics Practices
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Legal Studies
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Philosophy
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Physical Education
- This section includes comprehension. You must take 5 minutes to read and dig out answers from them.
- The scholars are supposed to read the comprehension in the allotted time once they go through the entire paper.
- Reading will give them an idea of comprehension and will take less time than answering the question.
- The scholars should not spend more than 45 minutes in this section.
- The sections include writing different things like a letter, e-mails, notices, report writing, paragraphs, etc.
- The scholars should have a look over the format and practice twice before going to an actual exam.
- The students should not hurry while solving this section. Work with calmness and show a little bit of creativity in this section.
- The language must be simple yet appealing.
- The section has the highest marks weightage, as it includes the question based on your subjective understanding of the questions.
- Do not overstress on the answers, as it will kill your time.
- The answer should be crisp and short within the prescribed limit.
By going through the previous year's question paper and reading a novel, you will easily get an idea of the exam pattern.
Source: safalta.comYou can refer to the information given above to understand the syllabus, marks weightage,a nd marking scheme for the NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 English.
How many sections are there in the NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 English?
Where can you download the NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 English?
How much marks does English subject hold?
What is Safalta School Online?
Safalta school online is an initiative of Safalta Pvt Ltd to help students score well in their exams by sitting in their homes. We provide online lectures that are very beneficial for the students. We also offer free E-books and Mock test papers for the preparation.