Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
Recommended: Study for your Exams with Safalta School online. We provide Preparation materials for Classes 9-12 that can boost your preparations.
You can find the entire NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Geography in this blog. Moreover, you will also learn the importance of the NCERT syllabus. Read the complete blog to get them into your knowledge.
Table of Content
Here is the detailed Syllabus for Class 12 Geography. The curriculum includes the marks distribution, unit-wise syllabus, and practical details for the Class 12 Geography. Candidates are advised to go through the complete blog to understand the curriculum. The curriculum is divided into two parts, namely Fundamentals of Human Geography and India: People and Economy. Also, there is project work included. You will find all information regarding NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 geography below.
Class 12 Geography Syllabus is based on themes. Here are the periods and marks distribution. We have arranged the details in a tabulated form to promote better understanding.
|A||Fundamentals of Human Geography||35|
|Unit 1||Human Geography|
|Unit 3||Human Activities|
|Unit 4||Transport, Communication and Trade|
|B||India: People and Economy||35|
|Unit 7||Human Settlements|
|Unit 8||Resources and Development|
|Unit 9||Transport, Communication and International Trade|
|Unit 10||Geographical Perspective on selected issues and problems|
There are 10 units in the NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 geography. Students should understand the syllabus and start preparing for the 2022-2023 board exams while keeping the syllabus, paper pattern, and marking scheme in their minds. Let's begin with understanding the NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 geography.
Here is the Unit-wise Syllabus for Class 12 Geography for the academic session 2022-2023.
Candidates should go through the topics and concepts included in the curriculum.
Part A: Fundamentals of Human Geography
Unit 1: Human Geography:
- Nature and Scope
Unit 2: People
- The World Population- distribution, density and growth
- Population change – Components of population change, Demographic Transition
- Human development – concept; selected indicators, international comparisons
Unit 3: Human Activities (32 Periods)
- Primary activities – concept and changing trends; gathering, pastoral, mining, subsistence agriculture, modern agriculture; people engaged in agricultural and allied activities – some examples from selected countries
- Secondary activities- concept; manufacturing: types – household, small scale, large scale; agro based and mineral based industries;
- Tertiary activities – concept; trade, transport and tourism; services; people engaged in tertiary activities
- Quaternary activities- concept; people engaged in quaternary activities – case study from selected countries
Unit 4: Transport, Communication and Trade (26 Periods)
- Land transport – roads, railways; transcontinental railways Water transport- inland waterways; major ocean routes
- Air transport- Intercontinental air routes Oil and gas pipelines
- Satellite communication and cyber space importance and usage for geographical information; use of GPS
- International trade- bases and changing patterns; ports as gateways of international trade; role of WTO in international trade
Map Work on identification of features based on 1-5 units on theoutline Physical/Political map of World.
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Hindi
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Psychology
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Sociology
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Accountancy
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Business Studies
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Economics
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 History
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Political Science
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 English
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Physics
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Chemistry
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Biology
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Maths
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Biotechnology
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Hindustani Music
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Human right and Gender Studies
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Informatics Practices
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Legal Studies
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Philosophy
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Physical Education
Part B: India: People and Economy
Unit 6: People (15 Periods)
- Population: distribution, density and growth
- Composition of population – linguistic, religious; sex, rural-urban and occupational-regional variations in growth of population
Unit 7: Human Settlements (10 Periods)
- Rural settlements – types and distribution
- Urban settlements – types, distribution and functional classification
Unit 8: Resources and Development (30 Periods)
- Land resources- general land use; agricultural land use; geographical conditions and distribution of major crops (Wheat, Rice, Tea, Coffee, Cotton, Jute, Sugarcane and Rubber); agricultural development and problems
- Water resources-availability and utilization irrigation, domestic, industrial and other uses; scarcity of water and conservation methods-rain water harvesting and watershed management
- Mineral and energy resources- distribution of metallic (Iron ore, Copper, Bauxite, Manganese); non-metallic (Mica, Salt) minerals; conventional (Coal, Petroleum, Natural gas and Hydroelectricity) and non-conventional energy sources (solar, wind, biogas) and conservation
- Planning in India- target group area planning (case study); idea of sustainable development (case study)
Unit 9: Transport, Communication and International Trade (15 Periods)
- Transport and communication-roads, railways, waterways and airways: oil and gas pipelines; Geographical information and communication net works
- International trade- changing pattern of India’s foreign trade; sea ports and their hinterland and airports
Unit 10: Geographical Perspective on selected issues and problems (15 Periods)
- Environmental pollution; urban-waste disposal
- Urbanization, rural-urban migration; problems of slums
- Land degradation
Map work on locating and labeling of features based on above units on outline map of India.
Unit 1: Processing of Data and Thematic Mapping
- Type and Sources of data: Primary, Secondary and other sources
- Tabulating and processing of data; calculation of averages, measures of central tendency
- Representation of data- construction of diagrams: bars, circles and flowchart; thematic maps; construction of dot; choropleth and isopleths maps
Unit 2: Spatial Information Technology
- Introduction to GIS; hardware requirements and software modules; data formats; raster and vector data, data input, editing and topology building; data analysis; overlay and buffer.
- Fundamentals of Physical Geography, Class XI, Published by NCERT
- India, Physical Environment, Class XI, Published by NCERT
- Practical Work in Geography Part I, Class XI, Published by NCERT
- Fundamentals of Human Geography, Class XII, Published by NCERT
- India – People and Economy, Class XII, Published by NCERT
- Practical Work in Geography Part II, Class XII, Published by NCERT
- Students should start their preparation for Board exams after understanding the NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Geography. They should go through the syllabus thoroughly and understand the concepts.
- Candidates can use the reference books to practice more questions.
- The most important thing is to analyze the concept and its major purpose.
- There are multiple topics in the NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Geography. Therefore, jot down the concepts you have covered and also the ones you haven't.
- The smart study will be a cherry on the cake.
- Solving previous year's question papers and sample papers for Cass 12th can help manage time.
Source: safalta.comYou can refer to the information given above for the NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Geography.
Will the CBSE conduct the Class 12 Exam in 2023?
Where can I get the NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Geography 2022-2023?
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Geography 2022-2023 PDF
How many units are there in the NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Geography 2022-2023?
What is Safalta School Online?
Safalta school online is an initiative of Safalta Pvt Ltd to help students score well in their exams by sitting in their homes. We provide online lectures that are very beneficial for the students. We also offer free E-books and Mock test papers for the preparation.