Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
Recommended: Study for your Exams with Safalta School online. We provide Preparation materials for Classes 9-12 that can boost your preparations.
Table of Content
- There are 5 units in the NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Biology.
- The NCERT books are prepared according to the NCERT syllabus.
- NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Biology provides a separate curriculum for theory and practical exams.
- The marking schemes differ from one unit to another.
- The theory portion is of 70 marks, whereas 30 marks are under the practical section.
|VII||Genetics & Evolution||18|
|VIII||Biology & Human Welfare||14|
|IX||Biotechnology & its Applications||10|
|X||Ecology & Environment||14|
Reproduction- A characteristic feature of all organisms for continuation of species
Modes of Reproduction −
- Asexual reproduction
- Sexual reproduction
- Binary fission
- Vegetative propagation in plants
- Flower structure
- Development of male and female gametophytes
- Outbreeding devices
- Pollen-Pistil interaction
- Double fertilization
- Post fertilization Events-Development of endosperm and embryo
- Development of seed and formation of fruit
- Significance of seed and fruit formation
- Male and female reproductive systems
- Microscopic anatomy of testis and ovary
- Menstrual cycle
- Fertilisation embryo development up to blastocyst formation, implantation pregnancy and placenta formation (Elementary idea)
- Parturition (Elementary idea)
- Lactation (Elementary idea)
- Need for reproductive health and prevention of sexually transmitted diseases (STD)
- Birth control-
- Need and Methods
- Medical Termination of Pregnancy (MTP)
- GIFT (Elementary idea for general awareness)
Deviations from Mendelism-
- Incomplete dominance
- Multiple alleles
- Inheritance of blood groups
- Elementary idea of polygenic inheritance
- Chromosome theory of inheritance
- Chromosomes and genes
- Honey bee
- Linkage and crossing over
- Colour blindness
- Mendelian disorder in humans
- Down's syndrome
- Klinefelter's syndromes
Search for genetic material and DNA as genetic material
Structure of DNA and RNA
- DNA packaging
- DNA replication
- Central dogma
- Transcription, genetic code, translation
- Lac Operon
- Genome and human ganeome project
- DNA fingerprinting
- Origin of life
- Biological evolution and evidences for biological evolution (Paleontological, comparative anatomy, embryology and molecular evidence)
- Darwin's contribution
- Modern Synthetic theory of Evolution
- Variation (Mutation and Recombination)
- Natural Selection with examples
- Gene flow and genetic drift
- Hardy - Weinberg's principle
- Adaptive Radiation
- Human evolution
Pathogens - parasites causing human diseases −
- Common cold
- Ring worm
Chapter 9: Strategies for Enhancement in Food Production
Improvement in food production −
- Plant breeding
- Tissue culture
- Single cell protein
- Animal husbandry
- In household food processing
- Industrial production
- Sewage treatment
- Energy generation and as biocontrol agents
- Production and judicious use
Genetic engineering (Recombinant DNA technology).
Chapter 12: Biotechnology and its Application
- Application of Biotechnology in health and agriculture −
- Human insulin and vaccine production, gene therapy
- Genetically modified organisms - Bt crops
- Transgenic Animals; biosafety issues, biopiracy and patents
Organisms and environment −
- Ecological adaptations
- Birth rate
- Death rate
- Age distribution
- Energy flow
- Pyramids of number, biomass, energy
- Nutrient cycles (carbon and phosphorous)
- Ecological succession
- Carbon fixation
- Seed dispersal
- Oxygen release (in brief)
- Concept of biodiversity
- Patterns of biodiversity
- Importance of biodiversity
- Loss of biodiversity
- Endangered organisms
- Red data book
- Biosphere reserves
- National parks
- Ramsar sites
- Air pollution and its control
- Water pollution and its control
- Agrochemicals and their effects
- Solid waste management
- Radioactive waste management
- Greenhouse effect and climate change
- Ozone layer depletion
|S. No.||Parts||Suggested Topics|
|1||Part A: List of Experiments||
|2||Part B: Study/observation of the following (Spotting)||
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Hindi
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Psychology
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Sociology
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Accountancy
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Business Studies
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Economics
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 History
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Geography
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Political Science
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 English
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Physics
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Chemistry
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Physical Education
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Maths
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Biotechnology
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Hindustani Music
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Human right and Gender Studies
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Informatics Practices
NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Legal Studies
- The NCERT syllabus for Class 12 Biology is a major factor that can help students in score good marks in their board exams.
- Other benefits offered by the NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Biology are as follows -
- The curriculum assists students in preparing for board exams in an organized pattern while keeping the marking scheme in mind.
- The NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Biology defines the marks weightage of each unit that helps students study according to the marks distribution.
- This Curriculum is not only helpful for class 12 Biology but competition exams and scholarship exams.
- The NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 Biology gives an interpretation of the significant topics in the curriculum.
- Try to frame your answers in a graphical representation and describe them in an organized and appealing manner. You should also draw diagrams to make your answers more explainable. This way is more good-looking and perceptive to the examiner.
- Make a table of important species, life processes, and other important concepts in detail so that you can go through them repetitively, and remember them well.
- Students should learn the crucial topics daily to memorize them well and score good grades in the board examinations.
- After finishing the syllabus, students should solve Class 12 Biology sample papers to self-assess their practice for examinations.
- Students who are aiming to appear in the class 12 board examination this year, should learn all the important species, life processes, and other important concepts. This will lend a hand in solving the numerical questions.
- Candidates are requested to understand the important species, life processes, and other important concepts. This will assist them in enhancing their knowledge.
Source: safalta.comYou can refer to the information given above to learn and understand the NCERT Syllabus for Class 12 biology.