- The salary structure is as per the 7th CPC.
- The salary varies from Rs. 70,000 to Rs. 80,000 for air force personnel.
Table of Contents
- AFCAT Salary 2022
- AFCAT Salary Structure
- AFCAT Salary: Perks, Allowances and Benefits
- AFCAT Salary: Job Profile
- AFCAT Salary: Promotions and Career Growth
NDA 2022 Free Mock Test Series: Join Now
|Flying Branch||Rs. 8 - 10 Lakhs|
|Ground Duty (Tech)||Rs. 7-9 Lakhs|
|Ground Duty (Non-Tech)||Rs. 7-9 Lakhs|
Check AFCAT Syllabus here.
On being commissioned as officers the In-hand AFCAT salary as per different branches is as follows:
|Branch||Salary Per Month|
|Flying Branch||Rs. 85,372/-|
|Ground Duty (Tech)||Rs. 74,872/-|
|Ground Duty (Non-Tech)||Rs. 71,872/-|
|If you want to get details about the other Indian government job salaries, you can visit these articles by Safalta.|
|Air Force Group Y Salary||RBI Assistant Salary||Haryana Police SI Salary||
ESIC UDC Salary
|Haryana Police Constable Salary||RBI Grade B Salary||UPSSSC PET Salary||UPSC CAPF Salary|
The allowances include Test Pilot & Flight Test Engineer, Field Area Allowance, Special Force, Siachen, Special Compensatory (Hill area), Island Special Duty, Area, and Remote Locality Allowance.
Other benefits for Air Force officers are as follows:
|AFCAT Benefits||What They Entail|
|Placement Cell||To provide civilina jobs to retired officers|
|Scholarships and Welfare||Grants from the Air Force Wives Welfare Association (AFWWA)|
|Post Retirement Benefits||
Check out NDA Salary here with us.
AFCAT Flying Branch Job Profile
- Operate and look after fighter planes with combat.
- Transportation of material and ammunition tasks
- Air support and supplies.
- Helicopters are in service for casual and emergencies.
AFCAT Ground Duty Technical Branch Job Profile
- Maintenance of all technical tools and equipment of aircraft.
- Responsibility for managing the technicians who are already qualified.
- Checking technicians are being provided with the required equipment and tools for the job consisting of RADAR, Aircraft, etc.
- Must perform aeronautical engineering, weapons, communication systems, avionics, etc.
- Handling of the aircraft service, Technical processes, and management
AFCAT Ground Duty Non-Technical Branch Job Profile
- Administration of Air Traffic Controller and Fighter Controller.
- Managing Accounts and Logistics of the department.
- Managing the Education
Promotions in the Indian Air Force are based on the performance and years of service of the officers. The rank structure in the Indian Air Force is as follows:
|Junior Level||Flying Officer|
|Junior Level||Flying Lieutenant|
|Chief||Air Chief Marshal|
- On completing their training, cadets are commissioned as Flying Officers in the Indian Air Force
- On completing 3 years of service, the flying officers are promoted to Flying Lieutenant on passing the department test.
- Promotion to the rank of Squadron Leader is after 6 years of service
- Promotions to other ranks are on the basis of vacancies and performance of the officers
- Technical officers who are engineers are given the seniority of 2 years for the purpose of promotion and pay which will be compared to the Indian Air Force officers
- It is mandatory for all officers to attend the C’ examination which consists of General Knowledge and post concerning topics for Departmental promotion and to seek promotion in ranks.
|UPSC CDS Eligibility||UPSC CAPF Eligibility||Territorial Army Eligibility||UGC NET Exam Pattern|
|RRB NTPC Eligibility||SSC CPO Eligibility||ESIC Eligibility||RRB JE Syllabus|
Free Demo Classes
Register here for Free Demo Classes
AFCAT: How To Prepare
If you are preparing for AFCAT and are looking for guidance under expert faculties, then Safalta Class has started a course for AFCAT(II) 2021. Join now and avail the following benefits:
- 120+ hours Live interactive Classes
- Live Interactive Classes & Recorded Session
- With True LifeTime Validity
- 120+ Downloadable PDF study material to boost your preparation
- Special Q&A Sessions
- Counseling Sessions by Expert Faculties
- Recorded Backup available for quick Revision.
- Solve unlimited doubts with Subject matter experts.
- Free Weekly Mock Test & Topic Test
- A strategy session on how to attempt the exam.
- Experienced Faculties (Selection oriented)
- Dedicated Telegram Group for regular updates
- Special Current Affairs on Safalta YouTube Channel
- Defence knowledge Part special session on Safalta YouTube Channel