Want to serve the nation in uniform? Then, be focused to clear the UPSC CAPF exam in the first attempt because every year the number of applicants applying for this national level exam has been on a rise. The competition is tough and seats limited. The first step to climb the ladder is to ace your CAPF written exam.
The UPSC CAPF written exam pattern is such that you have to appear for 2 separate papers. The first paper on General Ability and Intelligence is an objective one and carries 250 marks. However, the second CAPF paper will be subjective in nature and carries 200 marks with questions from General Studies, Essay and Comprehension.
Hence, if you want to ace this CAPF written exam you need to not only focus on both deep learning and understanding of concepts but also practice extensively for an improved paper attempting speed.
Today’s blog will highlight some key practices that you can follow while preparing for the UPSC CAPF 2020 exam. These will enable you to score pretty well and within less than 4 months you will feel confident about your preparation for UPSC CAPF 2020.
- The best way to prepare for PAPER 1 is by going through the previous year question papers and identifying the areas of key importance. For example, Logical reasoning and quantitative aptitude carries more marks. So, make use of previous year question papers to identify the most commonly repeated topic over years. Also, you are likely to get three direct questions based on the Constitution of India.
- Increase your scientific knowledge and improve your day to day observations about fields like biotechnology and environment.
- Start by studying NCERT books then you can go for some additional readings as well. For instance, you can refer to books like Arihant Magbook of modern India and Spectrum brief history of India for preparing topics related to modern history. Remember, the relevance of books is of utmost importance. Therefore, follow the right books while studying. It is advisable that before deciding on the books you are going to follow have a look at the UPSC CAPF syllabus and exam pattern.
- You can even make notes of important topics so that you can revise them from time to time.
- Try to work on your time management skills by solving more and more mock tests.
- During the last days before the exam, focus on topics: freedom movement, independence, political system, social systems and public administration, etc.
- Essays are an important area where you stand a chance of scoring well. You will get 4 essays carrying a total of 80 marks. The best part is that you can attempt these in the language you are comfortable in i.e. English or Hindi. The essays are usually on topics related to:
- Modern Indian History
- Freedom Struggle
- Human Rights
So, develop a deeper insight in these topics. Also, develop the habit of writing with pen on paper.
- To score the remaining 120 marks, all you need to do is improve your English because it will test you for your English language skills. For this, focus on Improving your vocabulary and grammar by reading newspapers, articles, journals, etc on a regular basis.
The best way to ace the UPSC CAPF exam in less than 4 months is by joining some online coaching institute. This way, just by sitting at home you can train and prepare under the best professionals. Also, you will get access to all the relevant study material, mock tests and constant updates on the CAPF exam.
You can join our CAPF course at affordable price. In this course you will get a chance to prepare under the guidance of the best faculty having 10+ years of experience in teaching students appearing for various government competitive exams. You will also be trained with the help of live and recorded lectures on various syllabus related topics.
For more information and details check the course out at https://bit.ly/3gtbib8